Did cataclysm XP ever get nerfed down?

Im about to level character 78-85 today and was wondering did cataclysm XP(80-85) take a nerf just like pandaria?

Deleted
    yes extremely.

you need from 84-85 4,5 million XP, back then when cata was released it was 9 million.

I do 80-85 in about 4 Hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    All expansions get nerfed hard to the ground after the expansion is done, same thing happened to cata/wotlk/tbc/vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it did - quite a huge one. Some...what? 50% I think. I've leveled 3 new toons post Cata and it's a breeze.

10+ Year Old Account
    85-90 xp nerf is not until 5.3 iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

You'd think I would remember specifically, but really the first thing that came to mind was "Recruit-A-Friend" followed by "Scroll of Resurrection"
    So... Yes.
    Oh, this: 33% 82-84 50% 84-85. Quite significant.
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

Everyone has already said Yes, so I'll add a tip:
    When you ding 84, go to the Crucible of Carnage in Twilight Highlands with a few higher level friends. You'll get something like 15-20% of the xp needed (depending on heirlooms, guild perks, etc) in 5 minutes.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

When was Cata XP nerfed? 4.3? 5.0?

I think it happened with 4.3. Quite a big nerf too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. By the time Cata was almost over I believe. They did the same to LK as well during Cata.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata XP was nerfed by around 30% right around or before MoP came out. WotlK's exp was nerfed by 20% during 4.3 too

Leveling through Cata content goes by really quickly now; on my mage I completely cleared out Hyjal and was maybe halfway through Deepholm before hitting 85, throwing dungeons into the mix as well.

I was done within like 20 quests once I hit twilight highlands.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

The reason I was asking when Cata XP was nerfed is because nerfing MoP in 5.3 seems highly unusual. I know they always nerf XP at the end of an expansion, but this is the first I know of them doing so in the middle of one.

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    The reason I was asking when Cata XP was nerfed is because nerfing MoP in 5.3 seems highly unusual. I know they always nerf XP at the end of an expansion, but this is the first I know of them doing so in the middle of one.
    It's an attempt by Blizzard to encourage the leveling of alts, seeing as many have complained that MoP is wholly unfriendly to players with more than just a main.

They nerfed it by about 50% for each level (more or less, some were like 30% or so).

It's so quick now that (heirloomed) I went from 80-84 in a day easily.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other than the crucible of carnage, try queueing for grim batol specific at 84. Gives a lot of xp from mobs, especially with rested. It's like the utgarde pinnacle of cata.

Also worth noting that Cata has a lot of dungeons available for its 5 levels compared to BC and Wrath, all of which have dungeon quests which make your first visit very rewarding. Makes 80-85 a breeze compared to 60-80 where you run repeat dungeons A LOT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.