Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leveling with battle pets

Does anyone here level their toons by fighting with battle pets? I've been leveling all my alts recently with my battle pets and it helps me level alts easily while being able to make big profit off of all the pets I level up while in the process. It's kind of slow until you get the hang of it but its a fresh way to level up with no effort.

I've also found a few places/methods to power level pets from 1-25 relatively quickly, while again leveling up your alts in the process.

Anybody else into this recently?

I didnt even know it gave EXP. How much do you get?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you could share how to powerlvl the pets WITHOUT an already lvl 25 pet I'd appreciate it.

Yes, I don't know which patch but I think it was introduced in 5.1 or 5.2.

I'm not sure if there is table listing xp that's gained at what level. Like wilqq said around level 80 it's about 77k-80k xp. At level 85 you can start getting over 100k xp per fight. Once you get to 87 you can up to 188k xp.

Start at level one. Audrey Hepburn is the trainer in Stormwind by the portals, learn to train from her and you can assemble your level one team. Just follow the quest line to fight the NPC trainers and you'll get the hang of the of the whole system and leveling after a little bit of trial and error.

I don't see the XP being worth it, it's so much slower than questing. At lv86 I get 160k per win - that's about 5-6 hours of non-stop pet battles to go up one level IF you never lose.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-05-06 at 11:27 PM.

I win every time in about 1-2 mins while leveling my level 1 pets to 25. So I can get roughly 188k every battle pet fight. This isn't a faster way to hit the cap level. Just a fresh, new way to level while making profit on a market no cares to look into.

Oh yeah, PvP battles aren't really ideal for leveling either. It's best to find pets and battle them. Preferably near a stable master for quick healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought they nerfed the amount of xp from pet battles within a few days of patch 5.2 dropping...
    Prior to the nerf you could get 100k from battling lvl 1s in SW on a lvl 87 toon, the nerf brought that down to 10k.
    What level pets are you using that nets you 180k+ per battle?
    Last edited by S Blieft; 2013-05-06 at 11:51 PM.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Level 25 pets. I'm not sure how much xp lower level pets bring in though.

I haven't tried it and don't feel like I have the patience, I enjoy just leveling my pets but I don't think I could do it while trying to level an alt.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

It's not something to rely on for sure but it's great because you can do while you browse the Internet, watch TV, or whatever you do.

Not having gotten onto the pet battle bandwagon when it was released I never knew they added exp gains to them, which is pretty cool.

Now the big question I have is if you have an alt at say level 10, and you fly them out to Vally of the Four Winds via a friend or second account multi passenger mount and fight the level 25's there with an already level 25 team, would it still grant huge exp or would it be scaled down to their level (as I assume it would to avoid this 'abuse')?

Also I remember reading a while back about the pet 'stones'. Not looking into them too much but can you get them from wild pet battles and can they be sold on the AH? Sure you would make less money than leveling I would assume (unless you got lucky I guess...same goes for leveling getting a BoE epic drop) but something I may want to look into.

Thanks for the heads up into this, it's something I never considered doing when I can't be bothered doing quests again.

That is actually a really good question that I would love to know the answer to. I think it would be scaled down to level.

I haven't tried leveling an alt with 25's at that low of a level but I might try it soon.

Not sure about the stones being sellable. I like to use all of mine.

I have tested this now. The xp is adjusted for your level. I brought my level 30 monk to 2 moons and did some pet battles down by the pools. Only getting 3500 to 4100 xp per battle.
    Still not the worst way to level if your bored with dungeons or quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    Not having gotten onto the pet battle bandwagon when it was released I never knew they added exp gains to them, which is pretty cool.

Now the big question I have is if you have an alt at say level 10, and you fly them out to Vally of the Four Winds via a friend or second account multi passenger mount and fight the level 25's there with an already level 25 team, would it still grant huge exp or would it be scaled down to their level (as I assume it would to avoid this 'abuse')?

Also I remember reading a while back about the pet 'stones'. Not looking into them too much but can you get them from wild pet battles and can they be sold on the AH? Sure you would make less money than leveling I would assume (unless you got lucky I guess...same goes for leveling getting a BoE epic drop) but something I may want to look into.

Thanks for the heads up into this, it's something I never considered doing when I can't be bothered doing quests again.
    I'm not sure about the whole of Pandaria but using a monk to teleport to Kun-Lai at level 20-30 fighting level 25 pets yielded the same amount experience as a lower level pet fight in classic zones.

The stones are all BOP so no buying or selling I'm afraid.

actually there is a way that has been going around on my server to sell the stones. the person that wants to buy the stone; trades the pet he wants upgraded; u use the pet upgrade it and give it back.

It was nerfed 90% before the hotfix. It used to reward quest xp.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbear View Post
    I have tested this now. The xp is adjusted for your level. I brought my level 30 monk to 2 moons and did some pet battles down by the pools. Only getting 3500 to 4100 xp per battle.
    Still not the worst way to level if your bored with dungeons or quests.
    This is the exact reason I like it and the battle pet market is pretty open.

I've leveled my Shaman from 86 to 88 with pet battling and my paladin a level too :P pretty easy

Quote Originally Posted by Redbear View Post
    actually there is a way that has been going around on my server to sell the stones. the person that wants to buy the stone; trades the pet he wants upgraded; u use the pet upgrade it and give it back.
    That is a good idea but it is a shame that most pets cannot be traded.