Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conzar View Post
    And it's a crying shame that Horde are players are presented with RFC when the Alliance get Deadmines!
    The Alliance Equivalent of RFC was the Stockades, your still welcome to QQ though since that dropped Blues where as RFC only had Green loot. The Horde version of Deadmines was Wailing Caverns.

The entirety of Blackrock Mountain. I would be the happiest person ever if someone dropped a nuke on the whole thing. I was surprised when they cut out half of Wailing Caverns and split up Scarlet Monestary but left this place untouched. Surprised and baffled. The Cata dungeon wasn't terribly hard, just "Ugh, more Twilight Cult" but I felt that way about the whole exansion, so..

Stratholme is my second most hated. Maybe its because Rivendare still refuses to give up his horse and I've run it a billion times and am just so sick of fighting zombies.

Aside from those, I don't know that there's others that I vehemently abhor. I feel like one of the few people who actually kind of enjoy vehicle combat sometimes; it helps break up the monotony. I don't quite understand why Stormstout Brewery has shown up so many times in this thread, I thought it was one of the most fun dungeons I've ever been in. Perhaps like Temple of the Jade Serpent, if you dungeon while leveling you only have those two to run repeatedly for ages and thus grow to loathe getting them in queue?

Deleted
    From 4.3 five-mans I liked only the End Time, because it has almost no scripts.
    Well of Eternity however, MY GOD those scripts. And that Mannoroth fight, 5 minutes fight in a 5man HC!! More than some fast fight raidbosses! Fun and epic for the first time, excruciating for 30th. Hour of twilight no different with slacking thrall, lengthy drake ride and 60 second POWAH roleplay from last boss.

Zul'Gurub 85 - trash harder than bosses, constant MB's for healer, still wipable even in last raid tier (with 400+ ppl boosting for ez VP)

Blackrock Depths - the WTF do i go instance. This can be quite intimidating when you first try DK and tanking, you queue up and get into this...MAZE OF HELL!! as your first ever tanked dungeon.

From least worst to most worst.

Violet Hold - Too slow, too easy, not enough XP.
    Utgard Keep - Too short, not enough XP, have to run it a dozen times to level
    ToC - Jousting
    Uldaman - Confusing maze almost impossible to navigate before the dungeon map
    Maraudon - Way too long, boring, where is the entrance(s), just a huge maze.

Parts of Dire Maul are bad for confusion and boringness but I like the tribute run since its different. Other than these I cant really stand most of the rehased, revamped dungeons. Deadmines was especially bad among those.

What's with all the Brewery hate? The only thing I didn't like about it was running it 500 times because there's only 4 dungeons between 85 and 90. On a similar note, I'm sick to death of all the Hellfire dungeons (except maybe ramps just because it's fast and I'll always remember it as my first expansion dungeon) and Utgarde Keep. In terms of the actual dungeon though:

-All of Auchindoun... does that count as 1 or 4?
    -Halls of Stone (actually the dungeon is fine except for one damn mandatory boss)
    -Violet Hold. I just hate trash on a timer... especially a slow timer.
    -Opening of the Dark Portal - this place is actually cool but good lord, speed up that portal timer.
    -Stormwind Stockades (well it's better now but it's still tiny and feels like it's not even a real dungeon)

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Oculus
    Stormstout Brewery
    ToC
    Blackrock Caverns
    Mauradon
    What the... I like all those places. Well Mara was a bit long and the pre-instance area was fucked.

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 01:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    The Alliance Equivalent of RFC was the Stockades, your still welcome to QQ though since that dropped Blues where as RFC only had Green loot. The Horde version of Deadmines was Wailing Caverns.
    Yeah, RFC >>> Stockades but Deadmines >>> Wailing Caverns so let's just call that a draw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uldaman
    Dire Maul
    Violet Hold
    Oculus
    Siege of Nizau

Those were the dungeons that I thought about twice before doing them :P. Siege not so much anymore tbh, the Valor bonus makes it worth it

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherForumPoster View Post
    Halls of Stone
    Violet Hold
    Opening of Dark Portal
    Culling of Stratholme
    ToC

See a trend?
    I have the same feeling. Although I would trade Opening of the dark portal for shadow pan monastery

10+ Year Old Account
    Oculus
    Trial of the Crusader (the 5man one of course)
    Hour of Twilight
    Well of Eternity
    Sunken Temple

End Times gets a pass because Sylvanas and Nozdormu.

arcatraz heroic pre nerf.

jk that place was fucking awesome.

lots of people hated oculus. for me:

oculus
    shado pan monastery
    old hillsbrad
    halls of stone
    any of the 4.3 ones

basically any 5 mans on rails suck ass. let me pull how fast i want goddman.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stockades is a lot more useful for farming wool

1. Hour of Twilight, so much time wasted on RP and babysitting Thrall
    2. Shadow Labyrinth heroic, the trash was a nightmare early 70
    3. Utgarde Keep, ugly and boring as hell
    4. Old Kingdom, also ugly and full of bosses with annoying mechanics
    5. Grim Batol heroic, trash more trash and some brutal bosses to PuG early 85

Honorary mention of a good instance: Blackrock Depths, that place was simply epic and way way ahead of its time in terms of dungeon design, so many bosses and different clearing paths to choose from, starting out with very easy bosses and steadily getting harder the further you got, Emperor runs took well co-ordinated groups of level 60 players to clear. Diremaul North Tribute runs were quite exciting too, there hasn't been any bonus loot reward system like that since.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What's with all the Brewery hate?
    It makes the list for me because of all the bosses. Killing Thumper, Curious George, and a blob of beer sporting a mask aren't my idea of an interesting dungeon. The rest of the MoP 5 man's aren't particularly noteworthy, but none are as bad as this place.

Deleted
    No particular order...

ToC - round circle where you first fight on horses aka vehicles. Incredibly boring.
    Violet Hold - so easy and you can't speed it up.
    Stormstout Brewery - just plain stupid with annoying gauntlet and idiotic mobs. Honorary mention : Peppers!
    Shado-pan monastery - I really don't get what's the point of those archers + annoying karate fighting in front of second boss
    Hour of Twilight trio - bad ass boring with some of the most annoying end bosses (Mannoroth and Nozdormu). I count them as one bad ass boring dungeon.

Honorary mention of good instances:

Blackrock Depths - non linear huge place which actually felt like a dungeon where you could get lost (like you should in a dungeon) and die very easily if not careful.
    Wailing Caverns - look above in terms of getting lost but light version
    Dire Maul - ancient nelf city, spooky, ppl went mad etc.
    Magister's Terrace - one & only Kael :P
    -- and personally my favourite - Escape from Durnholde - fast paced dungeon with loads of lore (you can see Kel'thuzad while he was still human, Scarlet bosses, Nat Pagle is there, Tirion Fordring - and ofc you can listen story about Ashbringer) , Warcraft II music <3

There's not enough hate for Heroic Deadmines, imo.

Not that it was hard, but that you had to wait 60 minutes as a dps only to finally get in and have the tank drop, then you got the choice of either waiting another 15-30 minutes for a tank, or dropping and queuing again... and when you FINALLY get started... you'd be there longer then the raids at the time.

Oh, and along with that time period, I might as well say HoO... not because it was bad... but because it would have been a !@#$ton better Uldum raid then that silly al-akir lair. 25man raidboss on CAMELS. yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    ...2. Shadow Labyrinth heroic, the trash was a nightmare early 70...Honorary mention of a good instance: Blackrock Depths, that place was simply epic and way way ahead of its time in terms of dungeon design, so many bosses and different clearing paths to choose from, starting out with very easy bosses and steadily getting harder the further you got, Emperor runs took well co-ordinated groups of level 60 players to clear.
    And here I was about to mention how I was surprised that no one had mentioned Shadow Labs. Personally I loved the place, it was brutally difficult at the beginning of the expansion. One of my best memories of BC was the first time I cleared that place, happened to be with a random group, back when they still had the old 360 cleaves implemented. I agree with your feelings on BRD, I could almost never get a group to finish the instance but it was such an epic place. Bosses everywhere twisting and turning tunnels leading deeper and deeper into the mountain, sadly too many people were lazy back then and didn't wanna put in the effort.

Mauradon
    Throne of Tides
    Blackrock Depths
    Vanilla Sunken Temple
    Stonecore

3 pages and no mention of original Gnomeregen....not terribly hard dungeon....but painfully long

From BC: had to be Heroic Shattered Halls...."I am the ONLY Warchief"...heard that too often.

From Wrath: either HoS or HoR - tank issues...no one killing the healer.

From Cata: Heroic Grim Batol easily tops my list.....should've sent a poet

From Mists: Stormstout Brewery....are you kidding me!

There are only three 5-mans that made me feel like dropping the group.

Trial of the Champion because of the jousting. It was far too clunky, especially turning.

Violet Hold because even by WotLK standards it was far too much of a joke.

The Nexus might make the list since I didn't like the design. This a very personal peeve so I'm not sure if I should be including it here.

I don't consider the other dungeons to be bad enough. Granted, there are several 'meh' ones. Throne of Tides deserves an honourable mention along with Siege of Niuzao Temple, Hour of Twilight and Halls of Stone, the last one solely for the far too boring trash boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    3 pages and no mention of original Gnomeregen....not terribly hard dungeon....but painfully long

From BC: had to be Heroic Shattered Halls...."I am the ONLY Warchief"...heard that too often.

From Wrath: either HoS or HoR - tank issues...no one killing the healer.

From Cata: Heroic Grim Batol easily tops my list.....should've sent a poet

From Mists: Stormstout Brewery....are you kidding me!
    Agree with you on Gnomeregan. Even when I was instance grinding one of my alts up, I couldn't bear to finish that cumbersome instance even after they redid it.

I didn't mind Grim Batol, oddly enough. I thought the bosses were fun and varied enough to make it worth the trip -- especially Forgemaster Throngus and Erudax. The dragon attack part got boring after a few runs though; what's the deal with them trying to cram vehicle-based scenarios in instances and telling us they're fun? More suited to one and done quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Shado-Pan
    2. Oculus
    3. Black Rock D
    4 Auchenai Crypts
    5. Black Morass! =)