Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Well, depends on the occasion. An interview, sure, I'll dress that way.

But to elaborate on my previous post. What I mean is that you shouldn't look overly flamboyant,scary or demented when out in public. Tone down the personality a bit and save it for people you know can handle it.
    Eh, I dress as i want. I dont want people to stare, so I dont dress weirdly - which is what ive done for most of my life :P But thats because i want to. I wouldnt want anyone to say what i can and cant wear though.

I did have to walk home from a dodgeball tournament with mime makeup. God damn stares from children.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Surely there is a limit in the public eye. When you're at home or with friends, go for it. But in public it just seems wrong to be.. Well I'm sure some people have seen pictures.
    i'm not a brony at all, don't see a reason to obsess over the show. but i don't think being in public should stop you from being how you like. i don't see any reason to give a fuck about what random people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    i'm not a brony at all, don't see a reason to obsess over the show.
    *cough*

*cough cough*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Eh, I dress as i want. I dont want people to stare, so I dont dress weirdly - which is what ive done for most of my life :P But thats because i want to. I wouldnt want anyone to say what i can and cant wear though.

I did have to walk home from a dodgeball tournament with mime makeup. God damn stares from children.

lol, at least they wouldn't be able to recognise you?

i had to walk home from football once with one shoe and half a pair of shorts and a tshirt with a lot of blood and mud on it, got some weird stares from that...
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    these people actually go out in public? i thought they kept to the internet and cons oh god where do you live
    Different levels of the fandom.
    Full on sperglord tier
    ----
    Occasionally wears a shirt or something
    ----
    Doesn't tell a soul

And everything in between
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Christ... One of these threads again...

Seriously, I don't know what's worse. The fact that people in this day and age have such problems with people liking a cartoon, or people who have such problems because they don't understand it. Because you know... MLP is totally the first fandom ever... the first TV show fandom ever for that matter. Oh wait, it's not.

And just like every fandom, it has the people who just like the show for a bit of entertainment, the people who take it waaaaay too far, and then most people, who can enjoy the show for what it is and what other fans can create for it. Me personally, I like the plot... That sweet, sweet always in your face plot where you can FEEL yourself getting into it- *Ahem* Nevermind...

Why not ask why people wear clothing depicting a handicapped man wearing a penis helmet whose son is the Joker with incestuous undertones and waves a giant glowstick around... Or a strange and somewhat funny british man who shares rent alongside superman in a phonebooth, who uses a somewhat contrived plot device as a way to brush off the million actors who play as him.

There are many reasons why someone might like something. I honestly don't see why it has to be different with MLP. Why? Because it has talking animals? Because, you know, no strange and animated show has ever gained a fanbase previously.... nope.

The wolf tail thing... I guess they are also furry fans... dunno. I mean, MLP technically falls under furry fandom, whether most fans don't like to admit it or not.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    these people actually go out in public? i thought they kept to the internet and cons oh god where do you live

You rang?

10+ Year Old Account
    *cough*

*cough cough*
    I know people who would probably break one of your limbs if you called them a brony, but watch the show. The word has SO much bad publicity around it that being associated with it is to be avoided at all costs.
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post

You rang?

that hurt to watch
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post

You rang?
    America, Japan and South Korea always take fandoms too god damn far.

Like Russia and alcohol.

Deleted
    America, Japan and South Korea always take fandoms too god damn far.

Like Russia and alcohol.
    I actually noticed that myself and it always boggled my mind as to why, but never addressed it. I seriously wonder why it happens though.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-05-07 at 11:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who watch the show don't bother me. I occasionally go back and watch old episodes of Powerpuff Girls as a nearly 22 year old male.

Now the people that are full retard bronies, neckbeard and all, those people creep me out. I know one that actively draws nude versions of their human form.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Deleted

It more a rule of etiquette and public respect rather than legally supported rule.

The freedom to dress as you want should be enough. Doesn't mean you SHOULD dress how you want in public. I can also legally kill people who trespass into my property, doesn't mean I will. The option is there and I like to have that option and that's enough for me.

But I see where you're coming from. We can't ban outfits because that would mean our freedoms become tightened and that's the last thing we want. See it more like respecting your fellow man or a social rule of thumb.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-05-07 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    People who watch the show don't bother me. I occasionally go back and watch old episodes of Powerpuff Girls as a nearly 22 year old male.

Now the people that are full retard bronies, neckbeard and all, those people creep me out. I know one that actively draws nude versions of their human form.
    Never saw the appeal of humanised.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Surely there is a limit in the public eye. When you're at home or with friends, go for it. But in public it just seems wrong to be.. Well I'm sure some people have seen pictures.
    To me it's just another variety of "judge the weird/uncool person." People can be different, as long as they are different in private?

I'd think on a message board whose demographic is overwhelmingly geeky gamers (who have suffered from low degrees of social acceptability over the years), there'd be a little less judgement for people who don't fit the mold.

I'm not going to say that some of the really zealous fans (whether of MLP or Star Wars or... whatever) aren't weird to me, and I will admit I don't "get it" when it comes to some interests, but I also think the people going as far as to mock them or imply they are mentally or emotionally disabled is excessive and just plain mean. I mean, I've seen people imply that pony fans are paedophiles numerous times. I just feel like saying, c'mon guys, let's not be ridiculous here.

It isn't really any different than your mother's obsession with her soaps or the fact your wife loves Jersey Shore; it's just a matter of differing tastes. It's hyperbolic for people to make it seem like more than that.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    your avatar is hypnotising
    The more I watch it, the faster it seems to spin . . .

OT: I don't understand it myself, but hey, whatever floats their boat. I'm not going to be childish and rage because someone else likes MLP and has a Fluttershy avatar.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my best friends is a brony....I railed him so hard for it for a while (in a friendly manner). While you are free to do as you please, I do find it unsettling to see a grown or nearly grown man wear MLP shirts, have stickers on their car or whatever out in public. To me it is almost as bad as the guys who are so into anime they have fake anime girlfriends, whatever that's called.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    One of my best friends is a brony....I railed him so hard for it for a while (in a friendly manner). While you are free to do as you please, I do find it unsettling to see a grown or nearly grown man wear MLP shirts, have stickers on their car or whatever out in public. To me it is almost as bad as the guys who are so into anime they have fake anime girlfriends, whatever that's called.
    I think they're called waifus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    To me it's just another variety of "judge the weird/uncool person." People can be different, as long as they are different in private?

I'd think on a message board whose demographic is overwhelmingly geeky gamers (who have suffered from low degrees of social acceptability over the years), there'd be a little less judgement for people who don't fit the mold.

I'm not going to say that some of the really zealous fans (whether of MLP or Star Wars or... whatever) aren't weird to me, and I will admit I don't "get it" when it comes to some interests, but I also think the people going as far as to mock them or imply they are mentally or emotionally disabled is excessive and just plain mean. I mean, I've seen people imply that pony fans are paedophiles numerous times. I just feel like saying, c'mon guys, let's not be ridiculous here.

It isn't really any different than your mother's obsession with her soaps or the fact your wife loves Jersey Shore; it's just a matter of differing tastes. It's hyperbolic for people to make it seem like more than that.
    I dunno. Wearing a shirt or something, yeah that's cool, you're expressing your interest.
    But when you've got someone in a full pink get up hugging their plushie and slipping down the road, that just mortifies me.
    Just personal preference really.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    The one thing i might ever consider wearing is this tag.

Its subtle so only those who know it knows. Looks pretty cool imo. Makes you look 20 % cooler n all.