15+ Year Old Account
    Much needed.
    Go play the PTR.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Much needed.
    Go play the PTR.

/thread

Why do people put /thread as if their word is final lol..

Can you explain further i dont wish to download many GB's to go on PTR

Quote Originally Posted by oblongship View Post
    Mage (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    Frostbolt healing reduced by 13%.

Frost
    Frostbolt damage reduced by 13%.

Thoughts?
    I havent noticed a big difference on the PTR, i just get tired of chasing melee lol. They are still easy to kill as frost, frost bomb ftw lol.

Deleted
    Its not really a nerf, Frostbolt was buffed with the first 5.3 PTR build. Seems like they reverted it with one of the last. Dunno if it was to strong in pvp, but the buff is much needed in pve. Frost scaling is pretty horrible and therefore pretty weak and a little bit clunky with high end gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was at the point where frostbolt was scaling so well, it wasn't worth to bomb/lance/ffb

Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Its not really a nerf, Frostbolt was buffed with the first 5.3 PTR build. Seems like they reverted it with one of the last. Dunno if it was to strong in pvp, but the buff is much needed in pve. Frost scaling is pretty horrible and therefore pretty weak and a little bit clunky with high end gear.
    With high-end gear fire is miles ahead in dps anyway. With enough gear arcane is viable and frost is actually the worst of all three when you are talking about high end gear.

Deleted
    This is exactly what i meant. Frost was pretty okay till 530, but now I´m pretty close to 535 and the gap is way to obvious compared to my fellow fire mages. Frost plays now pretty clunky with the metagem and super worse with bloodlust (and even more if you are troll).

Fear I have to go Fire now -.- Me not like Fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    THis is exactly right, the "nerf" is a revert back to live damage so no change what so ever.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Almost every pve mage I see now is frost. So it is more like a balance. And the proper title is Frost Nerf, not Mage Nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a 2% Buff isn't it?

Afaik first the FB was buffed 15% on PTR now nerfed 13%.

So compared to Live-Servers it's still a 2% Buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis View Post
    It is a 2% Buff isn't it?

Afaik first the FB was buffed 15% on PTR now nerfed 13%.

So compared to Live-Servers it's still a 2% Buff.
    Hmmm... if it was 1*1.15 = 1.15 and now 1.15 * 0.87 = 1.0005... it's a simple return of the buff, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    Hmmm... if it was 1*1.15 = 1.15 and now 1.15 * 0.87 = 1.0005... it's a simple return of the buff, I guess.
    Yes, i think so.

Wanted just to show up, that it isn't a 13% Nerf compared to Liveserver.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberTod View Post
    Almost every pve mage I see now is frost. So it is more like a balance. And the proper title is Frost Nerf, not Mage Nerf.
    i don't understand. "almost every mage" is fire! what are you talking about? you only play frost if your item-lvl is not good enough. frost falls far behind with "high end" gear...

Deleted
    People seem to be pretty clueless when it comes to frost pve damage, claiming it's not worth casting the proccs or that it perform better than fire. Fire will outperform frost at higher ilvl both dps wise and mobility wise. If most pve mages you see are frost you're most likely playing lfr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefsupreme View Post
    People seem to be pretty clueless when it comes to frost pve damage, claiming it's not worth casting the proccs or that it perform better than fire. Fire will outperform frost at higher ilvl both dps wise and mobility wise. If most pve mages you see are frost you're most likely playing lfr.
    Yeah cause frost is only for lfr raiders.

Does being arrogant comes with the fire spec this days ? Seems so.

I'm 8/12 in a casual guild and right now, with around 37% crit, fire stil doesnt outperform my frost spec at all. But I might be mistaken, maybe i'm running LFR. Or maybe people only do heroics now and no one raid normals ?

Deleted
    The thing is as always, a geared Fire always has the potential to slam a frost mage with good rng. But on a try with crap rng he'll still lose to the frost mage.
    The reason heroic geared raiders perform better in fire is simply because their gear rarely gives them bad enough rng.
    As far as normals is concerned I'm doing well as frost and our fire mage has yet to beat me on pretty much all fight. (Anecdotal I know)
    A buff for frost would have been nice in 5.3 but I don't think frostbolt was the thing to buff, imo make FFB scale with 15% buff on target and we're good to go!

10+ Year Old Account
    FFB being affected by the frostbolt debuff would be terrible. FFB is the only spell we can use against a target without ramp-up.

Its extremely hard to buff frost without causing all sorts of pvp problems. In 522 gear it seems just fine from my experience but that could change in heroic gear according to people here on the forums.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory