Thread: Rabid change

Rabid change

Does this apply to all specs? If so...

Slight nerf for BM. and slight buff for survival. Interesting.

Currently:

BM - 1.4m cd
    Survival / MM - 2m

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Does this apply to all specs? If so...
    Believe so.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exotic Beasts now reduces the cooldown of your Pet Special Abilities by 1%, down from 30%.

That sounds a bit bugged to be honest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Electronicus View Post
    Exotic Beasts now reduces the cooldown of your Pet Special Abilities by 1%, down from 30%.

That sounds a bit bugged to be honest.
    I don't really understand this, basically does 1%=nothing?

I wonder if they are testing BM with no cooldown reduction, and it was just easier to make it 1% (essentially zero) than have a programmer remove that part from the passive ability. If they decide they want it, then a programmer can go do his/her thing.

Kinda takes away from the BM being better with pets thing though.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OswinOswald View Post
    I don't really understand this, basically does 1%=nothing?
    More like "1%" = datamining error or a change without the proper numbers yet in place.

[Edit: Or what Bendak said, in which case, yes, essentially zero.]

They also may be tweaking it in preparation for the Blink Strikes talent overhaul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like they are removing (not just reducing) the reduced pet cooldowns that BM gets. Most likely this is a PvP based change to address our pets cc's. If this stays, we will most likely see the scatter trap change reverted.

The Rabid change was a way to close the gap between BM and the other specs while not really touching BM that much.

Deleted
    I think they are doing these minor nerfs so that with blink strikes bm pet damage doesn't spin out of control, because bm on ptr is insane atm.

Deleted
    talking about pve,i don't see where's the nerf,instead isn't this a buff?simply rabid reduced cd no?

A Blizzard rep has already commented on Twitter that the changes are PvP focused, to increase pet cc ability cool downs so they can revert the scatter/trap change, which was reverted in the last PTR patch. However, they are decreasing the cool down on non-cc abilities so that Hunter PvE pet damage doesn't take a hit.

I fully expect they will screw it up and we'll end up with an overall dps nerf, but let's see what happens on the PTR.
    Last edited by Hunterforlife; 2013-05-08 at 02:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mettimo View Post
    talking about pve,i don't see where's the nerf,instead isn't this a buff?simply rabid reduced cd no?
    Rabid is on a 1.4min CD, because of the Exotic Beast pet ability reduction. That's basically being made 1%(Or stated, basically gone), and Rabid is getting a base CD reduction from 2mins to 1.5mins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bendak View Post
    I wonder if they are testing BM with no cooldown reduction, and it was just easier to make it 1% (essentially zero) than have a programmer remove that part from the passive ability. If they decide they want it, then a programmer can go do his/her thing.

Kinda takes away from the BM being better with pets thing though.
    pretty much this. I think this is just a fast change to get it onto the PTR without having to worry about editing the actual tooltip text. I also think behind the scenes it's actually 0%, but if they put 0% on the tooltip, a stack overflow occurs. basically, because they assign a zero, the system thinks it's actually a massive negative number and shows 214768% or something like that.

maybe its suppose to be 10%?
    it gives BM stronger pets than the other specs, but not that big advantage

The stated goal is to increase the cooldown of the specials that affect PvP while not affecting the specials that affect PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    Looks like they are removing (not just reducing) the reduced pet cooldowns that BM gets. Most likely this is a PvP based change to address our pets cc's. If this stays, we will most likely see the scatter trap change reverted.

The Rabid change was a way to close the gap between BM and the other specs while not really touching BM that much.
    The scatter trap DR change was reverted because of this.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Just combine this with upcoming blink strikes chance. Going to love it.

Spirit Mend is 40 sec cd now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post
    pretty much this. I think this is just a fast change to get it onto the PTR without having to worry about editing the actual tooltip text. I also think behind the scenes it's actually 0%, but if they put 0% on the tooltip, a stack overflow occurs. basically, because they assign a zero, the system thinks it's actually a massive negative number and shows 214768% or something like that.
    I was able to confirm with a dev that it is meant to be 0% and that the tooltip display is just incorrect.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Rabid's cooldown for BM is going up by 7% as a result of the change. Blizz, just let the new Blink Strikes talent go live as is and I'll refrain from whining over a 6-second increase to a (previously) 84-second dps CD.

I might still squabble quibble over whether it's right to call the Spirit Mend nerf a change that "doesn't affect PvE," but ... nah, just give me the new Blink Strikes talent, plox. Makes my panda hunter a happy ... um ... panda.

[Edit: Self grammar nazification]
    Last edited by Kaeth; 2013-05-09 at 01:36 PM.