Darkfall Unholy Wars

Anyone here that plays / played that game? I'm looking for good sandbox MMOs, and although I'm impressed with the features in Age of Wushu .. I'm more drawn in by the Darkfall universe instead.

Any opinions on the game so far? What can I expect? Lots of forum politics and drama? :P
    Maddest of them all.

Lots of PvE grind. You need to grind hundreds of the same mob to progress, because you can't really progress through PvP. It's like some asian mmo grindfest. If you can stomach that, I guess I can say it's somewhat a decent game. Shouldn't be buy+pay2play though.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Yeah. I'm really liking the game so far or most of what I'm reading about it. I don't mind it being a grind at all. I just wanted an MMO completely different from WoW or the basic quest, level and (raid)dungeon design. Sandbox MMOs are my new favourite genre. ^^
    Maddest of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Shouldn't be buy+pay2play though.
    The thing is that FFA full loot games like Darkfall cannot be free to play or have item malls and boosters. It breaks the whole game. So Pay to play is the most viable option.

I've played Darkfall 1 for some time and I really like what it's trying to do. The rush and adrenaline you get playing this game is like no one else. Also there is no similar game on the market atm except maybe Mortal Online.
    I have not played UW yet, because I play other games currently, but I will be checking it out during summer probably.
    Last edited by YouAreAllWrong; 2013-05-08 at 12:29 PM.