Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    Festering Strike + 5% Str nerf in unison matters, it's just a small difference for "traditional" unholy but bigger for festerblight.
    If you are talking about PvP though, no idea tbh, I haven't PvP'd in ages.
    Festering Strike is not used very often in PvP anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Delion View Post
    Bitch please stop bitching, you're OP as it is.
    OP how, there are ZERO Rank 1 teams with a death knight in them between both european and us 3v3 ladders. The top representation at high ratings are discipline priests, mages, hunters, and shaman. Just cause you're terrible doesn't make unholy completely overpowered. Also most of the changes he brought up effect PVE as well, which we aren't even the top DPS in the whole tier. All the warlock specs, fire mages, assassination rogues, balance druids, and shadow priests are all doing higher dps than unholy. So while we were high for melee I find it hilarious that mages/locks arent really being hit hard in specs that are performing well at high ilvl.

Lastly the GG change basically kills the representation now for DKs in high rated RBGs. Why take a DK now when you can take another warlock, on top of the 2 that are prob being taken. locks are just as good at damage as they are cc/utility. GG kept DK's in the game, now we are absolutely crap.

Deleted
    I play unholy and I don't think I could catch more than 5 targets with GG into AE CC so often. With GG hitting 4 targets and death gripping 2 single target foes, you still can get 6 people into the AE CC on top of the ones who are already inside. Remember, all the pets still get sucked in. And 4-6 people in AE CC are more than enough to win a CTF zerg. It just makes it less of a gamebreaker in a perfect scenario, but perfect is rare and 4-6 people getting gripped is more or less standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Alandris View Post
    lol and here i was yesterday wondering if i should leave 2H frost for unholy and reading all the festerblight thing . . . . i guess i can stay forst/blood
    Even with this nerf unholy will still be leaps and bounds above frost in PVE.
    Last edited by Skarssen; 2013-05-08 at 05:15 PM.

Deleted
    DKs OP? Apart from their annoying 4pc bonus I honestly can't remember when Death Knights specifically were a problem. 4.1 maybe? I could of course be wrong, not being rank 1 Gladiator material myself and feel free to tell me why exactly they are OP right now.

FB with tricks is still a good deal above the rest.

GC said that they likely overshot the nerfs for Unholy (which weren't even remotely horrible), and that Tricks may be the actual culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    DKs OP? Apart from their annoying 4pc bonus I honestly can't remember when Death Knights specifically were a problem. 4.1 maybe? I could of course be wrong, not being rank 1 Gladiator material myself and feel free to tell me why exactly they are OP right now.
    Anectdotal evidence, like most of the time. If someone can't figure out another class it must be OP. I wouldn't bother with people that leave one-liners like that.

Think I need to level my warlock for rbgs ^^

I did have to LOL a little when I saw that they are nerfing Gorefiend's but not solar beam.

With the nerf to tank flag carrying it is almost like their goal is to completely remove ALL melee from RBGs.

they are allready nerfing solar beam's glyph

At least you're not a warrior which will be the only class without a spec to turn to for an RBG spot. Take what you got for granted and save those tears for the class that needs it most.
    Old Computer

New Computer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meralux View Post
    UH DK will still be very good and probably better overall then Frost in pvp.
    That's hilarious.

Deleted
    typical troll talk we are not OP nor are we UP please tell me how we are OP instead of screaming like a spoilt brat on the forums, all you have done is shouted we are OP we no evidence or screenshots or proof to back up your claims and dnt give me the 200k obliterated they hit for 60-70k on geared people

SS buff isn't enough, im glad blizzard is going towards the melee side of the unholy (man do i miss WOTLK unholys, and im referring to S7-S8), but 5% str nerf is huge... makes necrotic more less useful and effects basically all of our damage.

Next step, make the shadow portion crit or just make SS all shadow damage... do something.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    DKs OP? Apart from their annoying 4pc bonus I honestly can't remember when Death Knights specifically were a problem. 4.1 maybe?
    Try 3.0 maybe :P

5% reduced strength, less damage on festering strike which we dont even use in pvp, buffed damage on SS which we use quite often in pvp. Im not seeing how the sky is falling considering unholy dks are already very strong in arenas. The main reason dks arent insanely OP is that rogues and bm hunters are so strong and they nuke dks like a joke, and both of those classes are being nerfed. The ninja necrotic strike "fix" is a bigger nerf than this which is mostly offset by the battle fatigue buff anyway, so unholy dks will still be the highest aoe pressure of any class regardless.

The biggest nerf is the lack of sudden doom in blood presence, which isnt even that bad, pretty justified imo.

The above is from an arena standpoint, in rbgs the GG nerf is pretty big, but melee arent even considered alot of the time anyway and thats not just a dk problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    OP how, there are ZERO Rank 1 teams with a death knight in them between both european and us 3v3 ladders. The top representation at high ratings are discipline priests, mages, hunters, and shaman. Just cause you're terrible doesn't make unholy completely overpowered. Also most of the changes he brought up effect PVE as well, which we aren't even the top DPS in the whole tier. All the warlock specs, fire mages, assassination rogues, balance druids, and shadow priests are all doing higher dps than unholy. So while we were high for melee I find it hilarious that mages/locks arent really being hit hard in specs that are performing well at high ilvl.

Lastly the GG change basically kills the representation now for DKs in high rated RBGs. Why take a DK now when you can take another warlock, on top of the 2 that are prob being taken. locks are just as good at damage as they are cc/utility. GG kept DK's in the game, now we are absolutely crap.
    pretty much this, even with bloodpresence the way it is now, nobody is capable of doing r1 at the moment
    let's see how the overall dmg nerf turn out, maybe there is a return of shadowcleave, but i doubt it, nor do i want that kind of boring play

also 4 target grip with stampede out is a joke

Deleted
    "Any news on Unholy Might nerf? Possible revert? Asisde from festerblight, dps overall is way lower. PvE and PvP."

"It was reverted."

Holinka twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhobius View Post
    "Any news on Unholy Might nerf? Possible revert? Asisde from festerblight, dps overall is way lower. PvE and PvP."

"It was reverted."

Holinka twitter.
    That would be awesome, unholys don't deserve a nerf, i've never ever seen unholys being very OVERPOWERED, I mean just think about it, were not allowed to crit for 100k+ correct?
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2013-05-11 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhobius View Post

"It was reverted."

Holinka twitter.
    If they seriously are reverting the nerf and still buffing SS they are on something. Unholy is already shaping to be the strongest melee in arenas even after the nerfs. The nerfs to bm, rogues and spriests are going to see dks and mages dominating arenas. Seriously, what healer, after the battle fatigue buff, is going to be able to heal through an unholy dks pressure for more than a minute? They hardly can now, hence why double healer dk is actually viable, let alone in 5.3.