Help me SimCraft.

Trying to get every little bit of dps I can get progressing in heroics. Was in a 25 man, and never needed to maximize dps. In a ten man now, so my damage is a bit more needed. And I would like to contribute more myself, anyway.

How exactly should I be setting up to simulate? I know how to import, but what are the best settings to get the most accurate stat weights and whatnot?

Also, I simmed earlier with settings I believed to be correct, but there is apparently an error with my bracers. The Loa-ridden ones. With the random enchant. Is this affecting my results?

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    First of all, download the latest Simcraft always, should get rid of the majority of errors. I had the bracer error before, but don't get it anymore. Usually when you have an error you simply cannot sim. The more Iterations you use, the closer the results will be. For checking pure damage 1000 usually is fine, but for getting stat values out of it i would recommend atleast 10k. I always use 25k and just wait alittle, but 10k should also be decent.

When doing scaling it's enough to analyze INT, SP, crit, haste and mastery. When you get more confortable with Simulationcraft you should start doing reforge plots to see where you can gain some damage. This you do by choosing 2 of your secondary stats. Don't choose 3. Start with a high reforge amount (2k or so) and quite big step amount. This should give you a nice overview.

What reforge plots basically do is if you would pick Haste and Mastery, it would make a graph showing how much dps you would get by reforging into that amount (2k in this case). You then look for the highest point of the graph and either zoom in, or reforge towards it. Just do it once and it should be quite clear.

Deleted
    Remember also that simming Patchwerk style is bullcrap, aim for little movement type.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Telefonorm View Post
    What reforge plots basically do is if you would pick Haste and Mastery, it would make a graph showing how much dps you would get by reforging into that amount (2k in this case). You then look for the highest point of the graph and either zoom in, or reforge towards it. Just do it once and it should be quite clear.

I have spent hours and tons of gold simming and then reforgeing, to then go back and check my sim to do it all over again - I struggle to analyse my sim.

Deleted
    save yourself the gold and use Chardev with Wowreforge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares66 View Post
    I have spent hours and tons of gold simming and then reforgeing, to then go back and check my sim to do it all over again - I struggle to analyse my sim.
    Yeah, you shouldn't go ingame to do the actualy reforging, guess i should cover that.
    What you do it on the screen you get after you click "import" (simulate screen) you see alot of different text message shit.
    This is all commands telling what your character should do. If you scroll down alittle bit you see all your gear in that list.
    You will see the gems and enchants on your gear.

Example:
    chest=chains_of_counted_souls,id=95035,gems=160int_160int_160int_180int,enchant=80all

What you then do it just add on the gems=list whatever you want. So if you want 2000 more haste and 2000 less mastery you do: (Pay attention to the minus sign.)
    chest=chains_of_counted_souls,id=95035,gems=160int_160int_160int_180int_2000haste_-2000mastery,enchant=80all

You don't need to use any plus sign, just a minus one if you want to substract something, hope that helps! Should save time and money.

or you go to askmrrobot, edit the custom statweights from your 1st simulation into amr, let amr optimize, make an export from that, copy paste it back into simcraft, rinse and repeat.

If you do end up using Ask Mr. Robot to export to SimC, here's a guide on how to do it. http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2013/04/h...with-mr-robot/
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Deleted
    How many times do you need to do this? I had stat weights that were coming out as Mastery > Haste, Haste > Mastery, Crit > Haste *R

Ares66, we wrote a program to figure it out for us. Because what you described is very common. Here's what I would suggest doing: make a gear set in Mr. Robot that you will obtain in the not-so-far-off future... maybe 5 iLevels higher, or even 10. Sim that. Then the stat weights you'll want to use is weights that will GET you to that set of gear, if that makes sense. So play around with the weights so they will suggest that gear, along with the right gems, etc.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion