Voters
169. This poll is closed
  • Yay

57 33.73%
  • Nay

112 66.27%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselol View Post
    the no gear progression is a deal breaker for me too. have unsubbed because I can't play wow with no progression (and frankly I love having a bit of a edge if I play a lot and well) love the rest of the pvp changes though.
    See that's just it. On the one hand you have as you say "Having a bit of an edge" as a reward for consistent play. Yeah, that's fine. I don't have a problem with that. While on the other hand however you have what we currently have, which is where one season's gear vastly outdoes another. So it isn't really having "a bit of an advantage" it's more like "I win, thanks for playing" more often than not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    See that's just it. On the one hand you have as you say "Having a bit of an edge" as a reward for consistent play. Yeah, that's fine. I don't have a problem with that. While on the other hand however you have what we currently have, which is where one season's gear vastly outdoes another. So it isn't really having "a bit of an advantage" it's more like "I win, thanks for playing" more often than not.
    same can be said for raid gear right?a pve player cant just play once in a great while and expect to have the same gear as a raider that plays every day.how can a pver who does not play much keep up with a hardcore pver?=he cant and nothings done about that right?So it isn't really having "a bit of an advantage" it's more like "I win,i can out heal/damage/tank you thanks for playing" more often than not.

I sure as hell hope they get rid of PVP gear being different, go back to what it was in Vanilla and DC. I wore PVP gear for most of BC because it was better than PVE gear and had bonuc Resil. on it. Make them one and the same, but make them both purchasable with a currency, i.e. Honor/ JP's

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 02:08 PM ----------

When I started PVP this xpac I was at 490ilvl PVE gear. Walked in and rocked people and never died. Now with full PVP gear I die easier and cannot do shit for damage. I have since went back to PVE gear when I PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Not currently. PvP power, due to how it works, is the best stat for pvp at the moment. Go visit any site (arena junkies, noxxic, icy-veins) and see the numbers.

And also, we know the patch isn't out yet. We are speculating here. Thats what discussion forums are for, correct?
    Actually, PVP power is not the best stat currently for pvp currently. Main stats still out perform it.

Source: Check out any high end arena player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goinglohan View Post
    Actually, PVP power is not the best stat currently for pvp currently. Main stats still out perform it.

Source: Check out any high end arena player.
    Currently for most classes 1 primary stat =~ 2 PvP Power. The difference between gemming Power and primary stats is so small that it hardly matters what you gem. However since resilience is currently the top stat, you shouldn't bother about power or primary stats anyway unless it's to match a socket color.