Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

If WoW Graphics Were Upgraded

Imagine if the world of warcraft looked like this. http://media.mmo-champion.com/images.../may/art03.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Subs would drop to 200k due to most people not being able to run it

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Subs would drop to 200k due to most people not being able to run it
    Lol Quite true :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think I would actually want to play a game with graphics like that lol. I would get down every time I killed a critter by accident if it looked to real, god the rabbit massacre outside Stormwind would be so depressing.
    Last edited by Paq; 2013-05-08 at 10:53 AM.

Deleted
    I like that picture, however I prefer playing the game smooth at 40 fps, not a slideshow.

Quote Originally Posted by Paq View Post
    I dont think I would actually want to play a game with graphics like that lol
    Why not? Pandaria would look excellent!

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 03:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I like that picture, however I prefer playing the game smooth at 40 fps, not a slideshow.
    lol i see what you did there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jadenprince View Post
    lol i see what you did there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really not that impressive, TBH. Skyrim or even Fallout 3 can compare favorably to it with ENB presets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Really not that impressive, TBH. Skyrim or even Fallout 3 can compare favorably to it with ENB presets.
    Fallout 3 and Skyrim are both single player games though. Put 50 players along with spell effects, and shadows, and the bam slide show for probably about 85-90% of people.

Deleted
    I think people are too used to WoW's graphics that a relatively big change in graphics as suggested by the OP will only result in negativity from the WoW community.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Looks great but I couldn't run it
    Nobody can.. That's V-Ray render.. those things take minutes up to hours to render 1 image.. The image was also later enchanced in pshop...
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Here's another one worth linking, http://i.imgur.com/WkRv7pj.jpg. And no, neither Skyrim or Fallout got this kind of graphics. (diff engine). Would surely look amazing but no PC today would be able to run WoW with this sadly. =(

Deleted
    wow needs better optimisations before any real graphics upgrades, you need to ask people with high end systems what FPS they get in 25 mans at the mo :P, example, running a I5 3570 k clocked to 4.2 GHZ, 8GB DDR 1600 ram and a 7970 GHZ card, ye i get 40 - 50 with settings on high, can get 60 fps just fine in a closed room type encounter

Those pictures do look brilliant I much prefer the second one with the undead couple it manages to keep the cartoon like appeal of WOW's graphics but make them look better... much better. Maybe in ten years time it will be commonplace to see games with graphics like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I'd utterly hate it if WoW were to change its graphics engine to something like Skyrim. I love its style, and while old models certainly need updating (incoming!) they can easily do that while retaining the WoW look.

I for one can't wait to see what the updated gnomes look like.

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 11:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    wow needs better optimisations before any real graphics upgrades, you need to ask people with high end systems what FPS they get in 25 mans at the mo :P, example, running a I5 3570 k clocked to 4.2 GHZ, 8GB DDR 1600 ram and a 7970 GHZ card, ye i get 40 - 50 with settings on high, can get 60 fps just fine in a closed room type encounter
    I get about 51-54 FPS on Lei Shen 25, until someone casts Stampede and slows the whole raid down. Stupid bug, needs fixing!

Deleted
    lulleh, if blizz made a new engine that was exclusive to PCs only and optimised it extremely well and I do mean, it doesnt care for any use for consoles or to be never used for consoles, we can get close to that and run well, skyrim and fallout are limited and will never look like that as long as consoles version exists even with extensive modding.
    would actually love if blizz spent a huge amount of time just optimising the engine in a major patch, no content or anything, theres plenty to do at the mo, some could say they are 'ahead' of the schedule

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I've suggested that as well Thori... a 'tech' patch that updates things and optimizes and such. Though, I doubt those things interfere much with the development of traditional content. Almost certainly different teams/etc.

OP's picture is a render anyway, done with Maya if I remember correctly.

It's not realtime graphics. It's not by Blizzard. It's not "WoW Upgrades there graphics preview" at all.

It is a misleading title though.

Deleted
    Just a small question. Wouldn't require Blizzard to make a brand new engine to obtain such good graphics? I don't know all that much about it, but there must be a limit to how much you can change it before it bugs itself out of existence. And how much wouldn't it cost in money and time, to make a new engine and basically make every single thing in the WoW universe?

The graphics are fine for the most part, only a race model change (ofc with the ability to switch between old and new to avoid QQ) would be sufficient.