Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard can already do these massive graphics changes that ain't a problem at all.

Thing is, WoW is a massive MMORPG, Areas can be crowded with thousands of pple in towns or at world bosses.
    With this amount of Graphics nobody can handle it and everyone will lag out.

WoW has this styled graphics also for a reason
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    My computer could easily handle it, but there's something appealing about low graphics game. I don't get it.
    I'd love to see reaction videos if this ever took place, the rage (of not being able to handle the graphics) would keep me entertained for hours :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Blizzard can already do these massive graphics changes that ain't a problem at all.

Thing is, WoW is a massive MMORPG, Areas can be crowded with thousands of pple in towns or at world bosses.

Blizzard have just said that they cannot update Silvermoon City as it would take artists away from other content and you think they could create graphics like that without problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its funny how people think upgradeing graphics just happens with only spaping your fingers. Most people dont even realise World of Warcraft runs on the Warcraft 3 engine. Ofcourse with improvement over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Its funny how people think upgradeing graphics just happens with only spaping your fingers. Most people dont even realise World of Warcraft runs on the Warcraft 3 engine. Ofcourse with improvement over the years.
    I could be wrong but I thought it was only early alpha that ran on WC3 engine which was later replaced with WOW's own custom engine.

Quote Originally Posted by jadenprince View Post
    Imagine if the world of warcraft looked like this. http://media.mmo-champion.com/images.../may/art03.jpg
    Very nice. If only my PC and GPU is capable of rendering that in real time. Gratz to the people who can keep their PC up to date with the latest gear. Not everyone can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post

It actually is a bit of a problem for blizzard too. The current game is based upon the Warcraft 3 engine that's been updated fairly much through the years, but there's a limit to how much that can be done without rewriting the entire engine which could take years for them. That said engine is over a decade old now and it is really showing its age in a number of areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    You would be surprised at the amount of people that have no clue at all about how computers and programs works beyond that they push a button in windows and they get to explore the game world.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2013-05-08 at 05:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    These days, you'd have all the Eastern Kingdoms in a single low detail/small texture terrain, and load/display the high detail bit just for the part where it currently fogs. That way you'd be able to see Tanaris from Hyjal. I think it would add a fair bit to the look of the game, and not impossible to do. However, the code base is 10 years old at this point. To add it would probably take enough time that they'd want to spend those man hours somewhere else. Like Titan.
    You can see Tanaris from Hyjal if you turn the view distance waaaaaay up with the console. Of course, your computer will probably have a heart attack if you tried it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Blizzard have just said that they cannot update Silvermoon City as it would take artists away from other content and you think they could create graphics like that without problem?
    Sure they could, just like they could remake Silvermoon. But, in either case, the question is whether or not it's worth it to do so. Would such a major graphics overhaul be worth the time taken away from other things, especially if it's to such a degree as in the OP (where a large portion of the playerbase would probably not even be able to run it)? Probably not.

I do like that screenshot a lot actually. It adds a lot of detail into the world without taking away Warcraft's art style. In fact, this looks remarkably similar to the Warcraft 3 intro cinematic, if anybody recalls it? =)
    If an engine update like this one was to come, I would embrace it.

I understand that some people don't have graphics cards capable of handling this, but that's okay. Just don't switch it on. The effects needed to display here are:
    1) Particle leaf trees
    2) Deferred rendering including deferred lighting (WoW already enables this if you run at above High foliage density, fyi)
    3) Updated lighting model. Nothing dastardly complicated, and actually nothing that requires an update of any of the assets in the game.

Have fun on Elegon.

10+ Year Old Account
    would quit wow due to being unable to run it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why anyone wouldn't want better graphics, especially if you can scale it down like you can now so you can choose between current or amazing beautiful immersive graphics :S

I like the second picture that was posted since it upped the graphic quality while still keeping the cartooinish feel.

But honestly I like WoW's graphic style and wouldn't want to play it with Skyrim-esque graphics. The cartooniness gives WoW it's own unique identity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    I like the second picture that was posted since it upped the graphic quality while still keeping the cartooinish feel.

But honestly I like WoW's graphic style and wouldn't want to play it with Skyrim-esque graphics. The cartooniness gives WoW it's own unique identity.
    This exactly, I dont give a rats ass about amazing and ground breaking graphics in mmo's, specially when the flavor and the cartoonysh style of WoW is what I prefer. If I wanted to play a game with something realistic I wouldn't be playing WoW, and would be playing Crysis or some shit.

Deleted
    every time the introduce a new expansion graphics are updated look at the old character models then look at the ones from BC,CATA,MOP they are more polished etc blizz would never do an overhaul of there engine enough people struggle with the current one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Subs would drop to 200k due to most people not being able to run it
    Worth it.

10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yeah I've suggested that as well Thori... a 'tech' patch that updates things and optimizes and such. Though, I doubt those things interfere much with the development of traditional content. Almost certainly different teams/etc.
    That what i love about eve online they have 2 expansions per year 1 is heavily focused on uptimizing things and fixing bugs and updating graphics the other is for adding content to the game

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 08:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    You can see Tanaris from Hyjal if you turn the view distance waaaaaay up with the console. Of course, your computer will probably have a heart attack if you tried it. :P
    teach me
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2013-05-08 at 08:01 PM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

that graphics look amazing.. the way the light shines on the grass like that

Quote Originally Posted by Skinnyjeanz View Post
    I think people are too used to WoW's graphics that a relatively big change in graphics as suggested by the OP will only result in negativity from the WoW community.
    polishes to lighting, textures and magic effects are all seen with positive feedback, but yea if Blizz announced that they would bring WoW's graphics on par with crisis or fuck most game graphics off a PS3 or 360, there would be QQ and lose of subs out the wazoo. most people don't have the comps with even a mid level graphics card, so they wouldnt even be able to play it. granted I would love to see a graphics overhaul but I'll reserve that for Titan or WoW 2

wow's art style is quite fine thank you
    theres plenty of other games if you want to look at grey castles, grey rocks, grey armor, and grey skies