Thread: Bonus rolls

Deleted

Bonus rolls

to me feel somewhat useless, only all 3 of my level 90's, past 3/4 weeks ive gotten nothing off all 4 world boss', i feel as if we spend all this time farming lesser charms (even if its down to 50 from 90) every week and for what? mostly to get a bag of sweet f'all, i know blizz are making protection rolls etc next patch, but i still feel as if that wont be much of an improvement, how can there be protection rolls when we only get 3 coins? most people dont even use more than 1 in tot normal, yet alone lfr, i use one for nalak,oondasta and which ever boss i feel as i need loot from,so how the heck do blizz intend add protection on those world boss? because in my honest opinion, its going make no difference on world boss' only the instanced ones

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMO I wish that they had never been implemented. It is nice to win something on a bonus roll, which has happened to me quite frequently and it is exceptional when you win something on both a normal and bonus roll, although that is a rare thing. The psychological impact of winning nothing on both rolls outweighs all the times that you win, hence why there are so many complaints about the system.

If you don't think it's worth it, don't do it? A 16% (32% for old content) chance is more than 0%. You might want to read up on the gambler's fallacy.

Iirc, in 5.3 they're putting in a protection against bad streaks. Idk why that wouldn't apply to world bosses or how, your honest opinion notwithstanding, it wouldn't make a difference.

Bonus rolls are great for people running 10man. I have several good pieces from coin rolls on my main and my main alt. On a raid wide scale the effect of coins is very noticeable.

I can understand that it's a bit frustrating in LFR where you don't care what others loot, and it might be a bit redundant for 25M where the odds of having to DE half a week's loot is way lower.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrown1987 View Post
    to me feel somewhat useless, only all 3 of my level 90's, past 3/4 weeks ive gotten nothing off all 4 world boss', i feel as if we spend all this time farming lesser charms (even if its down to 50 from 90) every week and for what? mostly to get a bag of sweet f'all
    Your sample size is bad, and you should feel bad.

i know blizz are making protection rolls etc next patch, but i still feel as if that wont be much of an improvement, how can there be protection rolls when we only get 3 coins?
    Is this a serious question, or are you just looking for things to complain about? First they give you LFR on a seperate lockout from normal/heroic, so you have 2 chances for loot per boss. Then they give you coins, that let you cherry pick for up to FOUR chances for loot per boss. NOW they're giving you INCREASING ODDS for those rolls each week, and you're still mad? Really?

most people dont even use more than 1 in tot normal, yet alone lfr, i use one for nalak,oondasta and which ever boss i feel as i need loot from,so how the heck do blizz intend add protection on those world boss? because in my honest opinion, its going make no difference on world boss' only the instanced ones
    Who the hell are the "most people" you're quoting here? Sure, PVP'ers will def burn one on Nalak, as that's a lot of Conq saved if you get lucky. PVE'ers will likely ignore him, as he drops 2 pieces of tier of of VERY easy bosses (OK Council HC isn't EASY, but it's def not that hard). Most anyone who actually PVE's will be using ALL of their coins to get the loot they want/need off of their select bosses in the instance, on normal or heroic.

Unless you're going for mounts, I doubt most people burn coins still on Nalak and Oondasta.

See how I did that? I just made up some statistic on the internet!

Stop whining about more ways to get loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Nalak, Oondasta, Lei Shen. At the very least, that's like 115-120g or a piece of gear. I don't see a problem with it.

Bonus rolls are well....a bonus. The fact that we even get another shot at loot is pretty cool.

My Trinket, Belt, Ring, Pants... all from coin rolls. I like the system. Every time I win something its one less thing I need to spend loot priority on.

I have had one thing come from my bonus rolls and that happened in week 2,....so trust me other people have it pretty bad lol