2h Frost/Unholy help

Okay, so I can't link my armory yet due to the fact it hasn't updated while I'm in my PVP gear. I'll post it as soon as I can.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...9stil/advanced Here it is, hopefully it'll update soon.

Regardless, I've been running into some issue which doesn't make sense to me.

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...r/D%C3%A9stil/ World of logs for me (I don't have that many rankings because I was lacking in gear for a WHILE when we entered ToT)

Anywho, the issue I speak of it Unholy and 2h Frost.

When I'm 2h Frost, I'm usually one of our top 3 DPS, even usually 1st, out dpsing our Destro Warlock and Fury Warrior (both are fantastic players, so don't doubt them).

Now, much more-so to the begrudging of our Guild Leader and the fact that it SHOULD do around 20k or so more DPS than 2h Frost, I've been experimenting/using Festerblight.

As far as I know, I'm doing it perfectly. I used to play Unholy all the time but after the travesties it went through in Cataclysm I basically gave up on the spec. I was extremely pleased to hear it SHOULD be matched with 2h Frost so I could switch between the spec whenever I'd want to play it instead. I have both specs basically mastered and it's fun to be able to switch up how I'm DPSing.

So, normally, I do use Unholy on multi target fights. That's the only time I actually see it shine vs Frost. When Frost, I completely annihilate the spec in single target.

Keep in mind for Festerblight, I have Spark of Zandalar as my 2nd trinket instead of the Valor/Primordius Talisman of Rage or whatever it's called. Thus, if that's the differentiating factor for the sub spec that's making it not really even close to Frost, then I guess that's the problem!

I just want to know if I'm doing something wrong with Unholy, or not reforging/gemming properly, or..anything.

It just doesn't make sense at this point. Everyone says Unholy should be completely annihilating Frost, and yet when I'm Frost I annihilate most Unholy DKs (Perfect example being one of my guild's former DKs was Unholy and I'd out dps him on every fight, even when he was more geared than me; he knows his shit, so I don't doubt it was a matter of skill).

Any help is appreciated, and I'll post my armory when it updates.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Mawnix; 2013-05-08 at 01:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    *snip*
    hey man, this thread will get locked - use this thread for DPS related issues:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-My-DK-DPS-MoP

a quick look at your armory shows you at 10% hit... swap your blue gems for str/stam and take hit off your cloak (replace with crit)... Then enchant your bracers :-D

Spark is not holding you back, it's not AS good for festerblight but you won't be using festerblight for every fight this tier anyway (in a realistic scenario) and spark is actually better for fights like jin'rokh as the proc lines up with the first pool.

If you're comfortable with a specific spec then that's the one for you, whether or not Unholy should do more damage is irrelevant if you're not good at playing unholy in the first place.

Most of your logs seem to be frost and, even if I found an unholy one (to compare it to mine) I raid 10man so the damage done would likely be different. There are a number of threads regarding festerblight, unholy, talents, frost and whatnot on the forums and elitist jerks etc - if you've exhausted all those avenues then all I can say is "practise" or "stick with frost"

EDIT - A friend of mine likely won't mind me using his logs ;-)

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/Draenor/saybel/

^^ have a look through and compare
    Last edited by mmoc0cdb03e806; 2013-05-08 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    hey man, this thread will get locked - use this thread for DPS related issues:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-My-DK-DPS-MoP

a quick look at your armory shows you at 10% hit... swap your blue gems for str/stam and take hit off your cloak (replace with crit)... Then enchant your bracers :-D

Spark is not holding you back, it's not AS good for festerblight but you won't be using festerblight for every fight this tier anyway (in a realistic scenario) and spark is actually better for fights like jin'rokh as the proc lines up with the first pool.

If you're comfortable with a specific spec then that's the one for you, whether or not Unholy should do more damage is irrelevant if you're not good at playing unholy in the first place.

Most of your logs seem to be frost and, even if I found an unholy one (to compare it to mine) I raid 10man so the damage done would likely be different. There are a number of threads regarding festerblight, unholy, talents, frost and whatnot on the forums and elitist jerks etc - if you've exhausted all those avenues then all I can say is "practise" or "stick with frost"

EDIT - A friend of mine likely won't mind me using his logs ;-)

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/Draenor/saybel/

^^ have a look through and compare
    WOW I forgot to enchant my Bracers. I just got them the other day so, that's just REALLY sad. Thank you for that.

And yes, I know my hit is absurd right now. A lot of it comes from the Feather, but I'll fix that up with the gems and what not.

I'm comfortable with Frost, and I know what I'm doing with Unholy, it just doesn't make sense it'd STILL be that low after all that time.

I should've posted this elsewhere, so it's my mistake if it gets locked.

Thank you, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account