Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    3 stacks of the fire debuff are already extremely painful even on 10H. Don't know about 25H but the green head's auto attacks seem fairly managable compared to that. (and tbh. I feel like even the green breath is more dangerous)
    like all bosses the auto attacks are larger on 25H, and once you get 80% increased attack speed it can start to hurt. I just save AMS for when I have 3x fire debuff and it rarely ever hurts. Just time DS around simultaneous fire head melee + fire dot tick bursts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    It only mitigates physical damage, which isn't "bad" but its hardly "good" either.
    I would just run the dps meta, it scales insanely good with vengeance, our bear was getting 800k procs.
    That would require around 550k AP. Do tanks get that much AP from veng?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    That would require around 550k AP. Do tanks get that much AP from veng?
    Except for very gimmicky situations - not even close to that.
    100k is decent dmg income , 150k hurts , 200k means you need to be spam healed.
    That is for 10m but I guess a 25m tank won't get much higher than 250k either (at least not for long)

800k procs are doable with Horridon's soft enrage though.
    Last edited by Nillo; 2013-05-16 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Except for very gimmicky situations - not even close to that.
    100k is decent dmg income , 150k hurts , 200k means you need to be spam healed.
    That is for 10m but I guess a 25m tank won't get much higher than 250k either (at least not for long)

800k procs are doable with Horridon's soft enrage though.
    depends on the fight. pockets of 300k+ sustained isn't uncommon for fights like 25H DA. Even jinrokh can get you in the 150k-200k range while actively tanking, and that's just the first boss. The fact that our baseline is your "spam healed" really puts 10H vs 25H tank vs dps gear into perspective :P
    Last edited by Orbaud; 2013-05-16 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reniat View Post
    Do you have logs? Something isn't right if the green head isn't the primary threat to the tanks. Are you guys getting 4 breaths?
    Only gave it a day of tries: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uyo3ehqtlsvw8cnm/

Me and bynoan tanking (guardian druid). As you see on our damage taken, red is really dangerous. The only dangerous thing about green is breath followed by a melee hit, so you have to mitigate the breath and blood shield does the rest, red is not so simple as 3 stacks hurt as hell, and if dps kills it right after it hits, you'll have the DoT on you for the whole rampage and the next targets green heads 1st breath.

Don't think we're doing that bad tbh, it's not tanks dying that's wiping us at least, mostly add control and silly frost/fire mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend
    Do tanks get that much AP from veng?
    Feral druid with rune of reorgination=97% crit, gets insta aggro on all trash and all the vengeance, that's how you get 800k crits ^^
    His 25HM bosscrits, you'd have to check the logs I linked, around 550k I would think. I personally get ~200k vengeance tanking green head.
    I don't think there's many bosses which can give you over 250k vengeance, that was about the amount I got solotanking wind lord25hm
    But you can get quite abit more vengeance on aoe tanking trash.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Use the DPS meta. If you have to make your healers work a wee bit harder than so be it. The DPS meta for tanks is any where from 10-15% DPS increase, which is absolutely massive.

That said the tanking meta is REALLY good. The only encounter I use it on is Heroic Horridon, and mostly because that boss does a lot of physical damage once Jalak dies.

~125-150k vengeance really isn't that hard to acquire. With that amount of vengeance, raid buffs and base gear you will likely see hits from the meta around the 150-250k range. Of course, with those numbers a 500k crit isn't uncommon.
    Last edited by Tojara; 2013-05-16 at 08:19 PM.