Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Getting 200 mounts.

Hello there,

I am currently wanting to get 200 mounts so I can get the armored dragonhawk for my toon. Is there a guide or anything that can help me in my endeavor?

Deleted
    You can use your armory page -> Pets and Mounts -> Not collected. Atlasloot is an addon that keeps track of most mounts. And http://warcraftmounts.com is a good site to keep track of mounts.

Hello,

I suggest you Mount Collecting: The Completionist Guide.
    It's a wowhead guide, sorry I can't post links.

Since I already have 212, my advice is: first of all focus yourself in faction's mounts.
    After go for mounts that require a sort of grind / pvp.
    The final step, go for mounts that require lucky / camper.

Good luck!

Archangelos US-Azralon

here ya go

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1358/mo...etionist-guide

cursory glance suggests the guides a tad out of date.
    Last edited by prwraith; 2013-04-02 at 06:11 AM.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    There is a new Mount Reward when you reach 200 mount? I'm still at 184

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenendor View Post
    There is a new Mount Reward when you reach 200 mount? I'm still at 184
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=98259

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=98104

Deleted
    God, i have to stay home for a very long time -16

I think I just gave up on collecting mounts. Once you hit like 175-180 the last few get rough. I mean the next easiest attainable mounts I'm looking at are the 100 champion seals from the argent tourney and like camping TLPD... no ty.

Sitting at 183, 184 soon as I log on and collect mats for the sunstone panther. Then the fun begins:

Onyx Panther
    Grand Expedition Yak
    The 2 new engineering mounts

So 12 more after that...

Argent Tournament Dragonhawk (only mount I don't have from there)
    Ashes of A'lar
    Onyxian Drake
    The "Raid Glory" mounts from Cata (purple firehawk, Drake of East Wind, whatever the DS one is)

Good grief, I need to look at the lists and see what easy shit I can get...oh, the other 2 raptors from eggs on Isle of Giants.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    In game I have roughly 177, but on the armory when counting both factions and such I have 244, I'm just curious if it will count account wide like the armory or if I need the in game counter to hit 200.

Quote Originally Posted by wrpdndprsd View Post
    In game I have roughly 177, but on the armory when counting both factions and such I have 244, I'm just curious if it will count account wide like the armory or if I need the in game counter to hit 200.
    I believe when you log on any one character it needs to have 200 in that mount count, so yes being on a pally / warlock / DK makes it easier because you get +2 for that character. Example I had 148 mounts but when I logged on my alt pally I had 150 and got the achieve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlster View Post
    I believe when you log on any one character it needs to have 200 in that mount count, so yes being on a pally / warlock / DK makes it easier because you get +2 for that character. Example I had 148 mounts but when I logged on my alt pally I had 150 and got the achieve.
    Actually counting the Argent Tournament mount that is paladin only a paladin gets 3+. So Paladins are vastly superior to any other class when going for mount achievments.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowe View Post
    Ya, but its still not hard as people think.
    I have myself 242 mounts, 245 on my pally & I still can get atleast 10 dropmounts, 8tcg mounts, 1blizzmount & 2 ingi mounts
    242 account wide? because Armory counts mounts of both factions, not counted in game

I'm at 197 mounts right now, I should get a couple of mount before 5.3 hits (dire horn o isle of giants eggs, I guess) and then buy the 108k gold yak as 200° (sorry my english)

Damn I saw 204 in my armory and thought I was ready to go, didn't realize it counted the equivalent cross faction mounts. Looks like I'll have to scrounge up a few more...

I would guess that mounts that are probably missing for a lot of people (since they are pretty new) would be the Turtles from the Tushui Pandaren (basically Pandaren rep), a very easy rep to boost up (as it has a tabard). The vendor for them has a total of twelve turtles you can buy. Pretty big deal in the count to 200. But most of those closing in on 200 are probably well aware of them and got them awhile ago.

242 mounts... Oh my god :-)
    I had around 150 when I stopped playing and i remember i had to work very hard to get more mounts so i'm glad I don't have to worry about this one.

Also, isn't it a little bit boring that the reward for 200 is yet another ugly Dragonhawk?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowe View Post
    Nah, 242 ingame. Not sure how much I have in the armory.
    Congratulations on owning most of the shop and TCG mounts then. Otherwise such a number isn't reachable.

In game says I have 160, Armory says I have 180.
    Which is accurate?

not sure what what to trust here but my armoy page says i have 199 mounts but ingame my mount tab as 169 any tips what figure i should go with?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best tip that can be given is NEVER TRUST THE ARMORY, blizz does not care to fix it or take the unobtainable mounts off it. The only reason why the armory has the numbers it does is because it has cross faction mounts on it(which will not count towards any mount achievements). The only total that matters for achievements is whatever your highest ingame total is(usually a dk/lock/pally because of the extra class mounts).

Use simplearmory . com. It should return the same mount count that the game does and filter out mounts you can't get anymore.