Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I'm amused by how conservatives all hate The Colbert Report/The Daily Show.
    Put down that broad brush. I like the Daily Show, but I don't think Colbert is all that funny.

You have some glaring faults in your argument.

Firstly let me state that I'm not a huge fan of congressman Stanford, I believe that our representives should be held to a high standard of integrity because the nature of the job is pubic, and they are acting as a representive of the people.

With that being said...

1. Clinton was being impeched for lying to congress, not for getting a blowjob.
    2. Obama's benghazi debacle has nothing to do with congressman Stanford's past wrongs, your analogy makes no sense.

3. Why should Obama get a pass for benghazi?! 4 members of our diplomatic corps were killed because administration officials were scared to take action to save them, the state dept was more worried about having egg on their face than protecting the lives of there own.

4. Gwb didn't 'let's 9-11 happen if you get to the nitty gritty of it Clinton ignored security briefs about the threat of terrorists planning operations in the US
    Last edited by Theinquisition; 2013-05-08 at 04:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    hypocritical for a man like Newt to attack Clinton for such sins.
    Bzzzt! The GOP didn't attack Clinton because of his sleazy sexcapades. They attacked him for perjury when under oath. He lied to the American people, betrayed his oath of office, and tried to cover it all up. That's what the Clinton scandal was about. Clinton shot himself in the foot by lying, just like Nixon did by lying about what was otherwise a pretty stupid but harmless action. Only difference is that since Clinton was a favorite son of the liberal Democrats, they decided they had to fight it with everything they had and came up with the bogus "its all about sex" lie - which a stupid, low-information public swallowed like Monica.

But basically what you're implying is that sex scandals should only matter if you're a Conservative, and then you should not get elected, but if it's a Democrat then its fine. Nothing new here with that attitude. Standard have your cake & eat it hypocrisy in politics. Regardless, "Colbert" was such a joke. She never did interviews. She stayed away from any public event except fundraisers. She has an arrest record but no one bothered talking about it. She was just as damaged goods as Sanford, but with the added indignity of being an utterly incompetent party plant. And people are surprised that the voters went with the devil they knew? Well gaw-lee Sgt. Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
    I wouldn't vote for either of them. But given the choices on the ballot? Pht - yeah - if I had to pick between Sanford and "Colbert"-Busch (what a joke) then I'd have picked Sanford. Colbert-Bush was a pathetic candidate.
    I've determined that The Riddler lives up to his name.

Every time I read his comments, I can't wrap my head around them and am left completely bewildered as there is no answer or method to his perplexing Riddles that defy logic and reality. o_O

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

Every time I read his comments, I can't wrap my head around them and am left completely bewildered as there is no answer or method to his perplexing Riddles that defy logic and reality. o_O
    I'm fairly sure the dude conjures up the content of his posts while riding a unicorn down Interstate √-1.

Funny I've always found his posts interesting, his conservative stance and willingness to debate is a breath of fresh air from the normal Obama jack off sessions that go on here on mmoc

10+ Year Old Account
    Republican elected in South Carolina? Color me impressed.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Maybe because his opponent was a carpetbagging, inexperienced doofus whose only positive trait was she was the half-sister of a comedian that some people find mildly amusing.

I'm no fan of Sanford, but if the 1990s taught us anything it is that sex scandals don't matter. If the Democrats are irritated by that, then they are simply in a cleft stick of their own cutting. But between the two choices, Sanford was obviously the better selection. Honestly, Colbert-Busch is an idiot who shouldn't be elected to be a dog-catcher.
    I agree that sex scandals are completely irrelevant to when it comes to politics. The issue here is different. Once you identify yourself as moral crusader, and you spend years pointing fingers, once you are caught engaging in the very actions you have spent condemning, you stop being a simple horn dog (like Clinton) and you become a hypocrite and turn coat.

Why should I believe your promises to cut taxes? You have lied on key conservative value issues before. What would prevent you doing the same to me on this topic?

This is why for example in Europe they try to separate public and private affairs, and they to cut back on the moral crusading. This way when you are caught with your pants down, nobody can call you a liar and a hypocrite. You can still save face on public issues.

Essentially the only conclusion I have to draw from this is, that if Morality is part of you political platform, then sex scandals should be very relevant. If morality is not part of your platform. I couldn't care less.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bzzzt! The GOP didn't attack Clinton because of his sleazy sexcapades. They attacked him for perjury when under oath. He lied to the American people, betrayed his oath of office, and tried to cover it all up.
    When under oath, they asked him if he had sex with Lewinski, and defined it as vaginal intercourse.

Even if it is misleading, it was not perjury, as is evidenced by his acquittal. I suppose some GOP members still need to learn the meaning of "vaginal intercourse" as evidenced by their votes on the trial?

Although "family values" tend to include zero sex education, so I'm not all that surprised.

Also, he wasn't even impeached for breaking his oath of office, that went up for a vote as well and didn't even pass the house.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2013-05-08 at 04:19 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    She outspent him, he outworked her.
    She outspent him because the RNC decided to pull their funding from Sanford after allegation of trespassing.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Bzzzt! The GOP didn't attack Clinton because of his sleazy sexcapades. They attacked him for perjury when under oath. He lied to the American people, betrayed his oath of office, and tried to cover it all up.
    See what I mean?

"Newt didn't attack Clinton because of his "sleaxy sexcapades". They (sic) attacked him for lying about his "sleazy sexcapades".

...yeah... BIG difference... really big difference. Lying to your constituents about cheating on your wife is grounds for immediate firing.

If a co-worker walked up to you and asked if you cheated on your wife/husband, and you told them "no", should YOU be fired if it turns out you lied to them?

Tell me, where were you when Bush was caught lying about WMDs to the American People? Or were you part of the brainless herd saying "b...b...but the British told us so (clue: they didn't)!"

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    willingness to debate
    You may need to look up the definition of logical arguments and their applications to a debate, and then whether or not the fallacious bullshittery rife in his posts qualifies.

10+ Year Old Account
    So perjury isn't a crime when it's just cheating on your wife?

Tell me, where were you when Bush was caught lying about WMDs to the American People? Or were you part of the brainless herd saying "b...b...but the British told us so (clue: they didn't)!"
    Feel free to start the hearings if you're so sure of yourself.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm no fan of Sanford, but if the 1990s taught us anything it is that sex scandals don't matter. If the Democrats are irritated by that, then they are simply in a cleft stick of their own cutting.
    I don't give a fuck about the fucking.

But if you're fucking around with tax dollars, then I get annoyed.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    You may need to look up the definition of logical arguments and their applications to a debate, and then whether or not the fallacious bullshittery rife in his posts qualifies.

Right, because the left wingers here on mmoc are innocent in that right?

Shit look at the op's post its full of nonsense argument points.

I don't always agree with riddle, but if he's pissing off the Obama fanboys this much he must be doing something right

10+ Year Old Account

I don't always agree with riddle, but if he's pissing off the Obama fanboys this much he must be doing something right
    How is it full of nonsense points and your argument isn't anymore valid with using the word *Fanboys*.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    Even if it is misleading, it was not perjury, as is evidenced by his acquittal.
    Conviction on perjury would have meant Clinton would have been tossed out of office. Five RINOs joined with 100% of the 45 Democrats on that vote to let him slide. However, even if all the GOP agreed to convict, the 45 Democrats refusing to convict for pure political reasons would have kept him from reaching the 2/3 vote needed. So that was entirely a party-bias decision - not a legal one. In any other court of law, Clinton would be guilty of perjury. It was simply that the Democrats had decided that no matter what Clinton was NOT going to be removed from office so they sold out their integrity and decided not to call perjury REAL purjury. It was bogus. A lie is a lie, and Clinton lied. Under oath. It was perjury, and in any just world he'd have been thrown out in disgrace.

where were you when Bush was caught lying about WMDs to the American People
    Since that's a liberal meme, and not what really happened, then your question is hard to address. However, my personal opinion was that Bush's administration was guilty of hyping up and exaggerating the reasons to attack Iraq. And I didn't like it either. But at what point did he lie under oath like Clinton did?
    Last edited by The Riddler; 2013-05-08 at 04:27 PM.

I guess I forgot who I was responding to for a moment there.

Bzzzt! The GOP didn't attack Clinton because of his sleazy sexcapades. They attacked him for perjury when under oath.
    ok, riddle me this... why was congress asking that question in the first place? does congress inquire into everybody's sex life?
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    ok, riddle me this... why was congress asking that question in the first place? does congress inquire into everybody's sex life?
    Why do Republicans dwell for months on events due to lax security when they cut funding for it? I have a feeling the answers are one in the same.