Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Balance Druids tearing up the charts.

    Was in a raid with this Balance Druid. He was literally doing around 50-75K more DPS than anyone in the group.

    He was gemmed for pure crit. I couldn't even believe it. Even locks and mages have not comes any close to what I saw yesterday. He wasn't even Heroic geared.

    Can someone tell what is going on here? Am considering dropping my Lock for a Boom Chicken.

  2. #2
    Warlocks demolish Balance Druids assuming skill and gear are equal. I wouldn't change if I were you.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    Was in a raid with this Balance Druid. He was literally doing around 50-75K more DPS than anyone in the group.

    He was gemmed for pure crit. I couldn't even believe it. Even locks and mages have not comes any close to what I saw yesterday. He wasn't even Heroic geared.

    Can someone tell what is going on here? Am considering dropping my Lock for a Boom Chicken.
    Well if you are doing LFR and he knows what to do while others slack, then ofc he will top charts.... my average dps in lfr ( last 3 ) was 120k and my ilvl is 522, and i slacked.....

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Well if you are doing LFR and he knows what to do while others slack, then ofc he will top charts.... my average dps in lfr ( last 3 ) was 120k and my ilvl is 522, and i slacked.....
    This Balance Druid was literally pulling 170K sustain Damage. He wasn't even that gear. He had mostly 522s and a bit of LFR gear. But he was doing around 80-100K DPS more than the next person in the raid which was me at 90K. Was on my 2-H Frost DK. Then there were others below the 90K range. Checked his gear and recount, and he wasn't doing anything extraordinary. He had 5-7 that made up all his damage, 2 Dots, Starsurge, Wrath, Starfire and that is about it. He had the +320 crit gems on all his sockets. I've never seen anyone do anything like this druid do before. And it wasn't just one fight. He did this over 3 fights.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 09:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Well if you are doing LFR and he knows what to do while others slack, then ofc he will top charts.... my average dps in lfr ( last 3 ) was 120k and my ilvl is 522, and i slacked.....
    I've seen a few classes hit the low 110s-120s. But this was something I've never seen before. It was insane for someone doing that much damage.

  5. #5
    Old God apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    10,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    This Balance Druid was literally pulling 170K sustain Damage. He wasn't even that gear. He had mostly 522s and a bit of LFR gear. But he was doing around 80-100K DPS more than the next person in the raid which was me at 90K. Was on my 2-H Frost DK. Then there were others below the 90K range. Checked his gear and recount, and he wasn't doing anything extraordinary. He had 5-7 that made up all his damage, 2 Dots, Starsurge, Wrath, Starfire and that is about it. He had the +320 crit gems on all his sockets. I've never seen anyone do anything like this druid do before. And it wasn't just one fight. He did this over 3 fights.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 09:49 PM ----------



    I've seen a few classes hit the low 110s-120s. But this was something I've never seen before. It was insane for someone doing that much damage.
    He could have just gotten lucky and gotten many starsurge procs.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer turskanaattori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,253
    Mind stating which part of LFR this was in? Easy to cheese big big numbers on 2nd part at least.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    This Balance Druid was literally pulling 170K sustain Damage. He wasn't even that gear. He had mostly 522s and a bit of LFR gear. But he was doing around 80-100K DPS more than the next person in the raid which was me at 90K. Was on my 2-H Frost DK. Then there were others below the 90K range. Checked his gear and recount, and he wasn't doing anything extraordinary. He had 5-7 that made up all his damage, 2 Dots, Starsurge, Wrath, Starfire and that is about it. He had the +320 crit gems on all his sockets. I've never seen anyone do anything like this druid do before. And it wasn't just one fight. He did this over 3 fights.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 09:49 PM ----------



    I've seen a few classes hit the low 110s-120s. But this was something I've never seen before. It was insane for someone doing that much damage.

    Moonkins are not top DPSers atm, last time they have been was years ago. Depending on what fight i can have on normal between 130-160k and on some fight 210k+ and im not doing anything special. Rogues have more, SP have more, losk have more...


    How much crit he had, haste... whta weapon, what trinket combo, did he had legendary meta ( that adds 7%-10% or even more )

  8. #8
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    74
    LFR is never representative of skill / actual dps #s. In a real raid, movement heavily hurts Moonkins. In LFR you can tunnel DPS and don't have to do anything like utility or proper positioning. Warlocks who are good will absolutely demolish a Moonkin. In a "good" raid group most classes should beat Moonkin.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Mind stating which part of LFR this was in? Easy to cheese big big numbers on 2nd part at least.
    This was the one with Tortos, Jin Qui and the other one.

  10. #10
    Boomkin dps comes purely with gear and a little but of knowledge. MY boomkin is currently sitting at 525 ilvl and ~40% crit fully buffed and on average can pull at least 130k dps on a single target. There are some fights, like Council, where I can pull 250k+, but then there are fights like Tortos where our DPS lacks just because of the average lifespan of the lwo health mobs. A geared boomkin can pull insane numbers, but at the same time, a geared lock / dk / priest / most classes can pull those numbers once they get gear that is itemized well.

    However, boomkin > lock so you should switch anyway :3

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...vatio/advanced and my armory in case you were curious.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Moonkins are not top DPSers atm, last time they have been was years ago. Depending on what fight i can have on normal between 130-160k and on some fight 210k+ and im not doing anything special. Rogues have more, SP have more, losk have more...


    How much crit he had, haste... whta weapon, what trinket combo, did he had legendary meta ( that adds 7%-10% or even more )
    This is the Boomkin I was referring to. Guess I was wrong. He does seem pretty well geared, but still I've seen geared locks, mages not pull anything close.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%89mily/simple

    P.S I also forgot to mention that Balance wasn't his main spec. He said he was in mostly healing gear. Just reforged and re-gemmed.
    Last edited by Ebonheart; 2013-05-13 at 10:01 PM.

  12. #12
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    74
    http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/

    You can drill down to individual fights and see Warlocks are almost always ahead of Moonkins for both 25 and 10 man. Logs aren't always indicative of value to your raid considering they don't take in to account role / off healing / utility. But overall (even though I play a Moonkin) I would take a Warlock to a raid any day over a Moonkin.

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    This was the one with Tortos, Jin Qui and the other one.
    Tortos = Multi-dot/AoE
    Magaera = Multi-dot
    Ji-Kun = Infinite DPS buff which other people in LFR can't seem to notice, most just tunnel the boss

  14. #14
    Pandaren Monk Archimand's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gensokyo
    Posts
    1,900
    you failed to tell us which fights in lfr he was doing that

    tortos as ppl said moonkin can aoe bats+multi dot everyone
    megaera they cheese the fight by dotting head you arent dpsing
    ji kun u get 100% damage buff for 30sec every so often
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."
    Archimand - On Demand Breeding List Link
    FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

  15. #15
    Just in case, on most boss when a boomkin can put out great dps, a lock with similar gear will still be better and then lock are also MUCH better on single target boss (especially when you need to move a lot).
    As for why he is so "high":
    - on tortos, just multidot everything, spam starsurge on boss, hurricane on bats
    - on maegara, dot both head for lots of starsurge proc
    - on ji'kun, go on the first platform, then just take the 100% dmg buff every 40s or so while dpsing the boss
    Last edited by Dionx; 2013-05-13 at 10:39 PM.

  16. #16
    You cant measure proper dps in LFR, too many ways to "cheese" dps, take Ji'kun. Vexxe from Luce on Draenor for example, on lfr can do around 300k dps on that on LFR, because of how the fight works, like many have said, players skill is gonna be a big factor here.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 01:33 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Ji-Kun = Infinite DPS buff which other people in LFR can't seem to notice, most just tunnel the boss
    This right here, Jikun LFR is a joke

  17. #17
    Lol yeah I have some fun going on LFR and cheesing my way into some big numbers for my gear (522 ilvl) and ppl are all like wtf I.e. staying on horridon all the time, pulling like 275k lol Its something I do to relax and have some fun, not intended to offend anyone.

    Regarding gems, yeah on yellow sockets we usually go full crit.
    Oh yeah and boomies are fun to play but in no way they are going to pull ahead of a similar geared/skill level warlock or mage.

  18. #18
    skill > class and gear

    he would do even more on a warlock.

  19. #19
    Field Marshal saidolol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Winden
    Posts
    54
    if a moonkin is beating ppl, the other sucks or just the moonkin outgearing them with ridiculoussly much

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by saidolol View Post
    if a moonkin is beating ppl, the other sucks or just the moonkin outgearing them with ridiculoussly much
    Not really, you can keep up quite abit as boom, the numbers in this thread cheese wise are not even that big. I can do 250k on jikun 10hc and 275k on horridon hc. And that's in around 525 itemlvl.

    You are able to keep up mostly as balance, there are some cheese fights however where certain specs work better. But i wouldn't complain to much.
    Last edited by Miscam; 2013-05-15 at 01:37 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •