Query on WoW Performance for New Computer

I have an ancient computer (32 bit Vista, 2gb memory, 9800GT memory card) ready to die and am saving for a new one. I'm looking for opinions on a certain candidate.

A few things to keep in mind:
    1. I'm not too good at building my own and have mild arthritis which makes the doing it myself out of the question.
    2. I am not a hardcore gamer. WoW is about as advanced as I get.
    3. I need a computer which is good for multiple tasks, not one dedicated to gaming. Gaming is a bonus.

So I am wondering if people who know about performance could tell me how this thing would do playing WoW:
    http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-8500/fs

I'm thinking of the i7 (3rd from left) with the monitor (I currently play on a 15" 4:3 1024x768 monitor) and planning to choose the Nvidia GT640 1gb DDR5 as the graphic card. (sorry, don't know how to link that specific computer from the site).

Thanks in advance for the insights

Graphics card is bit on the weak side for gaming but the computer should be able to run wow on medium/high settings very well. Also it's relatively easy task to swap the graphics card later if you need lot more gaming power. I'd say it's pretty good fit for your requirements, and actually really good price with the monitor included at the current $899 price.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

You can save a ton of money if you buy the components and assemble yourself.

All the pieces come with instructions on how to assemble it, so dont be intimidated.

My PC I just bought was roughly $500 and I can run WoW on Ultra with 40 fps.

AMD FX-6300
    ASRock 970 extreme3
    Ballistix 8g(1600mhz) dual channel
    OCZ 650 PSU
    Evga Nvidia Gefore GTX 660
    23" LED Acer Monitor

I got the video card really cheap on amazon, i think the grand total was about 575

Quote Originally Posted by Xylr View Post
    You can save a ton of money if you buy the components and assemble yourself.
    No you can't when Dell is throwing in a quality monitor for free. I'm 99% sure without checking it out from pcpartpicker that the $899 price is better than DIY for identical specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xylr View Post
    All the pieces come with instructions on how to assemble it, so dont be intimidated.
    Problem is not being afraid to do it, if you'd read the OP more carefully.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    It'll do fine.

I personally would put in a SSD (Intel or Samsung) for the operating system (and WoW), if you don't mind paying $100 more for noticeably faster performance. If you're fine with 120-240 GB total, you can replace the 1 TB SATA drive with it.
    Last edited by mmocc24a3db56c; 2013-05-08 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Engrish

Thanks for the insights on this everyone