Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Wrath's story dumps both TBC's and Vanilla's stories. MoP is second best. Many people agree with that.

Well that's because it's the retarded people who decide to make those movies. If it wasn't for the Lotro trilogy and the Harry Potter franchise everyone would be saying the same shit about books that become movies.
    I think most movies are books before they are films, but seriously video game movies and in a league of their own for suck ass and it doesn't make any sense. We can probably thank Uwe Bol. It is like they try and capture the gameplay or some element that doesn't translate - even for people that enjoy the game underneath. It is like they miss a step where they take recognition that it is a movie. Take max payne for example. The game is almost written like a story board, you would think that if anything would make a good movie this would be it, but when it came it was all "atmosphere" and no substance which completely robbed the chance of it ever selling itself. The script probably fit on one side of A4 and never drove that atmosphere or any attachment to it so I know I was bored as hell with it. To me this was the very epitome of video movie lameness. I can at least laugh at that steroid infused chainsaw clip in the doom movie even if it was incredibly campy.

If the wow movie can take stock of the fact that it is a movie and not a video game then maybe there is hope but I am yet to see it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibar View Post
    I have ever scene.
    :O Accidental cleverness?
    Last edited by Afrospinach; 2013-05-08 at 07:51 PM.

WoW's story is not suffering, the issue is MMO. MMO's take you down to the battlefield, you get to experience battles from the soldiers perspective. Because of this stories move slow. In RTSs like warcrarft you control an entire battle in 1/2 hour. You can conquer an entire continent in a few days. Where that feat takes months to years of in game time.

still wondering why they are going for live action. when WE ALL KNOW a full CGI movie would kick ass. granted i get that there is the what's it called something valley, but if they brought the trademark blizz "cartoonish" look to the characters then that wouldn't be a problem. IDK I just don't see why there should be real actors in a movie that is probably going to be 98% CGI.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    All the best effects can't fix a bad story. I'm reserving judgement until I know the story.
    true but if the story is good. its great news to have atleast also good visuals. and story is not everyting. acteurs play also a big role in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    word.

ever since BC, WoW's story is getting weaker and weaker with each expansion. Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 are also weak story-wise.

and theres a bad reputation revolving movies that are based on games. combine the two together and you have good reason not get hyped over this movie.
    Is true in some way, cause most of the story made in Vanilla, BC and LK was with the use of old story (old characters, old villains) so that made it more interesting for people that already knew the characters, i actually enjoyed MoP lore, but i did find it (sometimes) quite vague...

Shit just got real.

I didn't enjoy Life of Pi as a movie, though the visuals themselves aren't bad. Slight hope increase but i'm preparing myself for the possible downfall of the story.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    All the best effects can't fix a bad story. I'm reserving judgement until I know the story.
    Mhm, I agree.

If the story is well done, then that (Plus good actors etc) will work alongside some fantastic visual effects to bring us a brilliantly immersive movie.,