Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    mechanical totems are there largely for blizz to keep the "flavor" of goblins as a race involved in the class, same reason every shaman character has a totem themed to their race, in this case game mechanics REALLY do not = lore. as for gravity wells and spider tanks and the other examples you gave, yes, those are technology steadily advancing, the thing is that despite that technology and nature magic aren't the same thing, nature magic in most situations is a request rather than a demand or manipulation of nature. gaining the support of a nature spirit and turning into the form it represents =/= putting on a suit that makes you look like it, druids request the power of nature around them or have enough of an inherent connection to simply be a conduit of it, wheras the suggestion of a power suit to channel nature spells and change forms is in itself a violation of nature. plus gnomes and goblins in the lore really have never got what it is that lets druids use their abilities in the first place, if we suddenly drop the basics of how the class works by saying "well I have an invention that lets me do that too" then gnomes and goblins instantly have every class in the game from paladin to druid, it removes what lore reasoning we have for class/race combinations and really makes it so there's no point to any of it aside from "well I like this race and its racial bonus so I'm playing that" which kind of butchers what lore we have.
    Blood elves took the light from the Well of Eternity and bent/manipulated it to their will. Over time, they've learned how to manage it. Same thing with a mechanical druid. Some Dryad meets the gnome, and imbues him with the powers, yet the gnome is not able to shift into the real animal. So, instead, devises a suit which gives him the strength and speed of the requested type. Voila. Lore is not tough to implement. We have Pandas... I would think this is just as possible

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnome Paladin, i'm still waiting.
    Gnome Druid ~~ Would be the coolest thing ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    how is this thread going to achieve any form of serious discussion? If i ever saw a robot druid I would say wow is dead and I would leave it to the flys.
    this thread is as constructive as a 2 year old baby
    It's just an idea. I am not looking for "serious" discussion, since I am not jumping up and down trying to get Blizzard's attention to implement my idea, unlike some of the posters in this forum.

On Topic: The Gnome Druid, in ANY form would be a welcome change to the game. As to those who did not like them, would not have to roll one.

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 02:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Panszer View Post
    Gnome Paladin, i'm still waiting.
    Gnome Druid ~~ Would be the coolest thing ever.
    I agree. Another fan thought so too and made these:

I thought they were really creative!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    You and one other person have been less than favorable about this. I tossed it together since it is something I would love to see in the game. I'm sorry if I did not waste 100 hours stealing other peoples ideas just to give a full class breakdown. If I had used the words Heroic in the title, would you have like it more?
    lol at least my class has a logical base to it, from lore to gameplay, to playerbase, to balance. This is just your wet dream. I mean how would you explain the creation of a robotic nature being? If you could come up with some thought behind instead of reporting me than I would be all eyes. And who are u to tell me I stole other people's ideas? I rather take good ideas from others to make something good than to be original and absurd.
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-05-08 at 09:23 PM.

Blood elves took the light from the Well of Eternity and bent/manipulated it to their will. Over time, they've learned how to manage it. Same thing with a mechanical druid. Some Dryad meets the gnome, and imbues him with the powers, yet the gnome is not able to shift into the real animal. So, instead, devises a suit which gives him the strength and speed of the requested type. Voila. Lore is not tough to implement. We have Pandas... I would think this is just as possible
    A: pandaren have been in warcraft lore since warcraft 3.
    B: dryad's have about as much ability to give nature magic to others as a paperclip does.
    C: bloodelves (originally highelves) were capable of channeling holy magic BEFORE the mu'ru was captured, some were even members of the knights of the silver hand until it was disbanded by arthas, the well of eternity was also destroyed before they even BECAME the highelves and bloodelves we know now, you probably mean the sunwell, regardless the holy power they "bent/manipulated" was taken as an energy source alongside demon magic to sate their addiction to the arcane, they had a basic understanding of it beforehand and had to be taught by illidan how to even take it. please, PLEASE stop trying to convert my favorite class into "I want it so I can now do this" without understanding what's behind it.

edit: accidentally said mu'ru (the naaru's name) instead of just naaru, my bad.

With all the other ridiculous class combinations Blizzard has done this would be a very fun class/race combination to see. I would definitely play it. I feel like druids don't have many races to be able to played on either so this would make a slight change. Hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol at least my class has a logical base to it, from lore to gameplay, to playerbase requests. This is just your wet dream. I mean how would you explain the creation of a robotic nature being? If you could come up with some thought behind instead of reporting me than I would be all eyes.
    1. It's just a fun thought thread, not a wet dream.
    2. We already have these items in game, would be easy for a master ENG to build for the Gnome Druid in training
    3. I'm not looking for a serious discussion, cause I am not begging to have them added. I was just catering to a whim and laughing with other fans.
    4. I didn't report you. But, if you continue to derail the thread with your rude and condescending tones, I just might.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop it (looking at DonQShot). If you have a constructive criticism to add, feel free. If you're just going to be rude and bash the idea, the OP, or the thread, step out.

2. We already have these items in game, would be easy for a master ENG to build for the Gnome Druid in training
    if that's the case then engineering as a proffession can replace all the classes, if all it takes to do a class's spells and abilities is a quick invention then maxxed engineering would make sure everyone can do everything, which again butchers lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    A: pandaren have been in warcraft lore since warcraft 3.
    B: dryad's have about as much ability to give nature magic to others as a paperclip does.
    C: bloodelves (originally highelves) were capable of channeling holy magic BEFORE the mu'ru was captured, some were even members of the knights of the silver hand until it was disbanded by arthas, the well of eternity was also destroyed before they even BECAME the highelves and bloodelves we know now, you probably mean the sunwell, regardless the holy power they "bent/manipulated" was taken as an energy source alongside demon magic to sate their addiction to the arcane, they had a basic understanding of it beforehand and had to be taught by illidan how to even take it. please, PLEASE stop trying to convert my favorite class into "I want it so I can now do this" without understanding what's behind it.

edit: accidentally said mu'ru (the naaru's name) instead of just naaru, my bad.
    That works. You don't like the idea. No biggie. You don't have to roll one. This is just my way of tossing an idea out there, if for nothing more than my own amusement. BUT, the minute Blizz unlocks race/class combos, and Gnomes get as many choices as TROLLS, I am paying to race change every last character I have into a gnome and will gladly ask for the stuff of the Lore heroes who are leaving because they think THEIR fun is the only kind of fun.

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 02:28 PM ----------

if that's the case then engineering as a proffession can replace all the classes, if all it takes to do a class's spells and abilities is a quick invention then maxxed engineering would make sure everyone can do everything, which again butchers lore.
    Exactly. Gnomes could make weapons, shields, totems, tanks, and anything else we can possibly imagine in game. Personally, I would love to see Race/Class combos unlocked and allow people to play the way they want to, and not how someone else thinks they should

That works. You don't like the idea. No biggie. You don't have to roll one. This is just my way of tossing an idea out there, if for nothing more than my own amusement. BUT, the minute Blizz unlocks race/class combos, and Gnomes get as many choices as TROLLS, I am paying to race change every last character I have into a gnome and will gladly ask for the stuff of the Lore heroes who are leaving because they think THEIR fun is the only kind of fun.
    I'm really not trying to be mean here or say that you shouldn't want these things, really all I am trying to do is say that in the game's lore, the thing which is the deciding factor for which races get which classes, it really makes no sense, if it happens it happens and I doubt I'd leave the game over it but it would just be against everything I've understood in the lore. really I'm not trying to be mean, just please understand that when it's brought up it feels like being told "the story you've read all this time is no longer valid, instead we're using this" out of nowhere. for any rudeness I may have shown I apologize and I'll leave this thread alone.

Deleted
    It's just an idea. I am not looking for "serious" discussion, since I am not jumping up and down trying to get Blizzard's attention to implement my idea, unlike some of the posters in this forum.
    Nope, you managed to get our attention with stupidity. Look I said it before, there is absolutely no relation at all between robotics and naturalism. To make such relation would be to Forget the last 2 centuries.

On Topic: Gimme some reasonable idea on how to explain a gnome druid and would gladly give it some thought but a robot druid is an acid trip.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-05-08 at 09:57 PM.

I would play this class/race combo so hard.

Though whats the flight form?

I like the one you have for moonkin as flight form but if you have something better I will be easily swayed.

Nope, you managed to get our attention with stupidity. Look I said it before, there is absolutely no relation at all between robotics and naturalism. To make such relation would be to Forget the last 2 centuries.

On Topic: Gimme some reasonable idea on how to explain a gnome druid and would gladly give it some thought but a robot druid is an acid trip.

You're no fun at parties are you... :'(

10+ Year Old Account

On Topic: The Gnome Druid, in ANY form would be a welcome change to the game. As to those who did not like them, would not have to roll one.

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 02:19 PM ----------

I agree. Another fan thought so too and made these:

I thought they were really creative!
    That Druid form, amazing! :O

Deleted
    I'm really not trying to be mean here or say that you shouldn't want these things, really all I am trying to do is say that in the game's lore, the thing which is the deciding factor for which races get which classes, it really makes no sense, if it happens it happens and I doubt I'd leave the game over it but it would just be against everything I've understood in the lore. really I'm not trying to be mean, just please understand that when it's brought up it feels like being told "the story you've read all this time is no longer valid, instead we're using this" out of nowhere. for any rudeness I may have shown I apologize and I'll leave this thread alone.
    make your words my own...

10+ Year Old Account
    all I am trying to do is say that in the game's lore, the thing which is the deciding factor for which races get which classes
    Fair enough. Draenei Shadow Priests - use of dark magic. Violates the belief of the Naaru. Night Elf Mages - using arcane magic. Turned their backs on their highbourne brethren and cast them out for doing what? Playing with Arcane magics. Dwarven Mages - though the earthen used magics, and the Dark Irons have somehow harnessed dark magic for warlocks, no dwarf in the history of the whole history would ever get caught using anything other than an axe and a shield. Yet mages, locks, monks, and priests exist.

I can appreciate the need to "retain lore", but when the lore is already in shambles and took hours of creative writing to explain it all, I promise, this too could be explained away into the lore. It also makes no sense that gnomes cannot be hunters, yet design, build, and test guns and crossbows and every member of the S.A.F.E. Team uses a ranged weapon. Specifically, a gun. I am certainly not in this for an all out debate, I simply recommended Gnome druids and included a few silly pictures of mechanical items which already exist in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Panszer View Post
    That Druid form, amazing! :O
    I'd say remove the tusks though as they make zero sense on a gnome.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    The tusks are made from the tears of every gnome that was ever punted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    That was someone who liked Trolls and Gnomes Not my artwork.

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    Actually, they could be made from the bone of every tauren who ever tried to punt them

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    I really wish I could change my Puntable Marmot into a Puntable Gnome, complete with little helmet.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.