Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    As I've said repeatedly it was on 6 toons over a period of 14 weeks. It was prior to ToT. That's 16 bosses x 14 weeks x 6 toons = 1344 potential bosses. Obviously I didn't do it every week on every toon. I did it religiously on 3 toons, my Shaman, DK and Druid (DPS/Tank/Heals respectively), and got all 3 drops on my shaman. I realise it's very unlucky but I swear to god it happened. Sorry it doesn't support what you've already pre-decided but there's nothing I can do about that.

People's posts about hurp durp maybe they're were on drugs so they just don't understand numbers are incredibly offensive by the way. I would appreciate not being called a lying druggie by people who don't know me and won't listen to me because my experience doesn't suit their agenda. Thank you.
    Link us the armory of the characters please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    I would suggest they would really prefer to keep some of those subscriber

Please put your finger where the 'mostly Chinese' man lost did not touch your revenue stream
    Where are these numbers from? I am only aware of their offical definition (Subscription, licensing and other revenues represents revenues from World of Warcraft subscriptions, Call of Duty Elite memberships, licensing royalties from our products and franchises, value-added services, downloadable content, and other miscellaneous revenues) not seperate numbers for WoW.

They also look awfully high. "Segment income from operations for the Three Months And Year Ended December 31, 2012 in million $: Activision 1,055, Blizzard 88." is a direct quote from their Feb 2013 investors call. It doesn't necessarily mean the graphic is wrong, but the implied split between Blizzard and Activision businesses would be surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipteaze View Post
    Link us the armory of the characters please.
    There's literally no point, because as I've already said:

fwiw as I said I've bounced in and out since I officially unsubbed, I have tried it again and did get some drops since the increased drop rate in 5.2 over Easter. But I'm just too sick of it to bother now.
    Most of my alts do have one or two pieces of gear now, especially after doing the trove of the thunder king and having coins to use. Doesn't change the initial bad run at the start of the xpac though.

Look I realise it's natural to not believe some random stranger on the internet, especially when what they're saying challenges what you believe about something, but there's not much I can do about that. On the other hand it's pretty damn hard to not reply to being called a liar and druggie and so on when you know that it's the case. I tried to walk away from it last night and obviously checked this morning and got offended. I can't make people agree with me, but it would be nice if they could do it without making some pretty awful and nasty assumptions about me as well. I really have been nothing but civil and I think I at least deserve that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its people like you that need to learn it isn't a excuse its a reason.

As it stands now Friday/Saturday/Sunday is my most busy times of the week and sometimes even Thursday. So if I wanted to play that means sun-wed I could get to and one of the day's play I should not have to spend on doing a shit ton of daily's to try to reach my weekly valor cap and get as much rep as I can out of that day as well. now that is one day out of 4 wasted on daily's and day 2 and 3 is raid days so day 4 is ether making up for what we didn't get done raiding or if its after reset doing another day of daily's.

Daily's are fucken boring the gating that was done with them suck and I personally don't want to do them.

As I said its not a excuse its a reason just because something works for you or your guild dose not mean it will work the same for the rest of the players in wow.

The subs dropping prove this. WOTLK had the most normal mode clear's out of all 3 xpac's WOTLK/CATA/MOP now ask yourself why.

To sum up my thoughs I personally am tired of the endgame being centered around the 10% or less hardcore crowd and LFR is a slap in the face to casual players.

Until blizzard gives casual players some respect and remember we are paying members as well they will keep leaving sorry this is 2013 not 2005 things don't work the same way anymore and when it finally dose happen the elitist people bitching at casual's will be given the 2 chose's that casual's was forced to chose from since CATA ether STFU or leave.

I rarely do dailies, next excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    I rarely do dailies, next excuse?
    And obviously everyone has the exact same lives, thought, opinions and tolerances as you?

I fully recognise people would disagree with my reasons for quitting, but it doesn't change the fact that they were my reasons and it was my money and time and therefore my decision to make. The reasons only have to be valid for me, they don't have to satisfy some standard imposed by someone else. And when enough people get reasons then you see what's happened here. The only real debate is over what the trend/s in the reasons are.

Deleted
    There's literally no point, because as I've already said:

Most of my alts do have one or two pieces of gear now, especially after doing the trove of the thunder king and having coins to use. Doesn't change the initial bad run at the start of the xpac though.

Look I realise it's natural to not believe some random stranger on the internet, especially when what they're saying challenges what you believe about something, but there's not much I can do about that. On the other hand it's pretty damn hard to not reply to being called a liar and druggie and so on when you know that it's the case. I tried to walk away from it last night and obviously checked this morning and got offended. I can't make people agree with me, but it would be nice if they could do it without making some pretty awful and nasty assumptions about me as well. I really have been nothing but civil and I think I at least deserve that.
    The armory will still have your characters. It has my banned Shaman from 2012 still active on the armory. I can link it to you if you wish.

The armory will still have your characters. It has my banned Shaman from 2012 still active on the armory. I can link it to you if you wish.
    Yes, but it will have them wearing the gear they've won since 5.2, when I bounced back in for a month over Easter, and not showing when that was won. Which makes it a pretty pointless exercise.

Deleted
    Yes, but it will have them wearing the gear they've won since 5.2, when I bounced back in for a month over Easter, and not showing when that was won. Which makes it a pretty pointless exercise.
    Okay so you're lying. Nice.

Okay so you're lying. Nice.
    Yes, you've got me. Despite the fact I've apparently spent hours of time and seven months on this forum creating an elaborate lie for god knows what reason I now cbf to log into my toons to change them into their old clothes which would make it pretty impossible for you to tell the difference. You've cunningly trapped me in my lie by making use of my honesty. Good job.

The thing is I'm really not. But I have no way to prove that to you without actually lying. It's pretty frustrating, and I'm trying to take comfort in the fact that I apparently win at having the worst loot luck anyone's ever heard of. I can't make you believe me, but there's ways to do that without being a gigantic ass, which some people apparently don't get.

Anyway, I'm going to go do my best at walking away again. Let's see how long it lasts this time.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2013-05-16 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Where are these numbers from?
    From the quarterly earnings reports (which are released simultaneously with the quarterly call; the most recent one just came out last week and isn't represented in that chart.)
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    But we were talking about why people quit... which wowprogress has no data on. Try again.
    You're missing the point.

Try again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    if 100 people quit, and 50 of them said it was for pretty much the same reasons, then yes, that is a good sample size.

the only thing you need to allow for is the variance between "people that quit that still visit MMO-champion" and the rest of the population that quit. so you couldnt extrapolate directly to those reasons being behind 50% of the sub losses, but its a good place to start.
    Do they even ask people anymore why they quit playing?
    I seem to remember there was a dialogue back in the day that if you wanted to freeze/unsub your account you where asked why. But I can't remember there being something like that if you just cancelled your payment method. And I also remember that even if you choose to freeze the account effectively the subscription would run out anyway so just letting the subscription run out would be kinda easier.

Yes, you've got me. Despite the fact I've apparently spent hours of time and seven months on this forum creating an elaborate lie for god knows what reason I now cbf to log into my toons to change them into their old clothes which would make it pretty impossible for you to tell the difference. You've cunningly trapped me in my lie by making use of my honesty. Good job.

The thing is I'm really not. But I have no way to prove that to you without actually lying. It's pretty frustrating, and I'm trying to take comfort in the fact that I apparently win at having the worst loot luck anyone's ever heard of. I can't make you believe me, but there's ways to do that without being a gigantic ass, which some people apparently don't get.

Anyway, I'm going to go do my best at walking away again. Let's see how long it lasts this time.
    It can show how many times you've run those instances on that character. So it gives us some insight into if your posting bullshit or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax75 View Post
    Do they even ask people anymore why they quit playing?
    I seem to remember there was a dialogue back in the day that if you wanted to freeze/unsub your account you where asked why. But I can't remember there being something like that if you just cancelled your payment method. And I also remember that even if you choose to freeze the account effectively the subscription would run out anyway so just letting the subscription run out would be kinda easier.
    As someone who has cancelled 3 times(last time yesterday), I can inform you that yes, they ask you why you quit. In the past, they would just give you a box to write in. Now they give you a poll, with the option to pick an alternative where you can add your own reason if nothing else fits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    As someone who has cancelled 3 times(last time yesterday), I can inform you that yes, they ask you why you quit. In the past, they would just give you a box to write in. Now they give you a poll, with the option to pick an alternative where you can add your own reason if nothing else fits.
    I quit last summer and i also had the poll to give a reason why i had unsubbed.

Its not a good system tbh because people unsub for more than 1 reason usually and u can only choose 1 option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Where are these numbers from? I am only aware of their offical definition (Subscription, licensing and other revenues represents revenues from World of Warcraft subscriptions, Call of Duty Elite memberships, licensing royalties from our products and franchises, value-added services, downloadable content, and other miscellaneous revenues) not seperate numbers for WoW.
    It is the same definition. The legend is just cut off on the side because the image breaks when made wider but the line wont break. But I thought it was obvious. The Call of Duty Elite memberships are minuscule and either way just push the rest that being WoW down further.
    They also look awfully high. "Segment income from operations for the Three Months And Year Ended December 31, 2012 in million $: Activision 1,055, Blizzard 88." is a direct quote from their Feb 2013 investors call. It doesn't necessarily mean the graphic is wrong, but the implied split between Blizzard and Activision businesses would be surprising.
    Revenue and income. Bananas and banana split.
    The graphic certainly is not wrong. You can take the values from the url of the image and check them up in the reports. Google life renders the image and the settings are all in the url.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    From the quarterly earnings reports (which are released simultaneously with the quarterly call; the most recent one just came out last week and isn't represented in that chart.)
    This, except the latest released last week are represented in the chart as well duh last.
    Last edited by mmoc36f28662f1; 2013-05-16 at 10:35 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    I quit last summer and i also had the poll to give a reason why i had unsubbed.

Its not a good system tbh because people unsub for more than 1 reason usually and u can only choose 1 option.
    Actually, I could choose as many options as I wanted yesterday, but within the range of the subject I chose as my reasoning(that would be about 6 choises for that theme of reasoning). Meaning that I had to add anything not related to what I first chose, in the "Another reason" field. The "Another reason" field could be combined with the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    This, except the latest released last week are represented in the chart as well duh last.
    Excuse my brain hiccup please.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Honestly, I think the majority of the western server sub losses are because of dying realms.

I know my guild broke up (we were the last guild on the server) and at least 20 of our 30~ raiders just quit, because none of us want to spend $25-55 per toon to move to a non-dead realm.

I really wanna raid again too, but it's so much goddamn money to move off these dead servers, and I can't even gear an alt to try to raid on because no matter how much gold I have, there isn't any mats on the AH. (farming mats isn't possible with CRZ either.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    Actually, I could choose as many options as I wanted yesterday, but within the range of the subject I chose as my reasoning(that would be about 6 choises for that theme of reasoning). Meaning that I had to add anything not related to what I first chose, in the "Another reason" field. The "Another reason" field could be combined with the rest.
    Ok so out of curiosity why did you unsub?