10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    8.3 million is still an impressive number.
    This is my ten characters, I agree with this statement.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

compared to other other games wow is already "dead", lol and dota2 are on the top (when you count the console market too, add fifa, cod and co)
    it has nothing to do with the thing that wow is getting bad game its just too old (look at counter strike when you are already played at that time, there was never a direct "killer" of the game, it just died because people getting older and stopped playing or switched to something else after a couple of years (like mostly wow that times))
    Now we have 8.1 Million sub (with multi and bot accounts included and also people who are too lazy to cancel their abo but dont play anymore you should not forget that) regards to Serverpopulation Sites (like wowprogress) we have an active of 4-5 Millionen at the moment.
    On the other side Blizzard wants to release more Content to hold the Subs, but its getting harder and harder to fit the playerbase, where lets say 50% are realy old in this game, know everything and play it hardcore and the other part are realy new or just since some times realy casual, i dont want to know how hard it is to design content fast for 4-5 main target audiences, i beleave they are doing a harder job since mop than every before but its the only way wow could stay alive perhaps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    They could fix 80% of the problems with valor by simply doubling the amount rewarded by... well.... everything.
    And remove the rep requirement for gods sakes. Add other incentives or different gear from rep. Don't make me have to have to things done to spend the valor I earned.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't much hope, What ever you like to thing otherwise.
    Even blizzard things they will drop even more.

Blizzard expects to have less subscribers at the end of the year than they do today.

We aint even halfway yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Blizzard says "People consume content faster" well maybe if they stuck with the TBC/Vanilla raid progression model they wouldn't have that problem.

has BenBos been on the thread yet? i am dying to see how he tries to spin this.

the worrying thing is, there were obvious things wrong with Cata that you could point to as the reason why subs dropped so much. now it seems like the game is in a better place, but people are still walking away. not sure what Blizzard can do to reverse it, at this stage.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep the main thing in wow I love to do is solo old content but I refuse to spend 15$ a month to do it.

change the sub free or add a f2p part to wow like all content from 1-80 ill come back and play it I think it will breath new life into wow.

subs don't work anymore the system has to chance and I got a gut feel since blizzard themselfs said that at the end of MOP they feel the sub count will be lower that with the next xpac we will have a new sub/f2p system.
    They do that and watch myself and a lot of others stop playing permanently.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Good, get ride of those who only want to log and get epics. We don't need them.
    ...so you want 90% if not more of wow to leave. in the end that is what most if not all players want is epic's so they progress there character.

kinda a stupid comment if you think about it.

before you go on about free epic's bla bla bla dungeons have been dropping them since tbc the xpac a small few think that will save wow if it was repeated when in FACT it would kill wow.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You guys really need to stop trying to blame things you don't like as the sole reason so many people stopped playing...
    So why do you think they keep loosing subs? let me guess cause it's old?

You guys need to really stop trying to excuse the piss poor quality of mists (and their direction in general) by saying the game is old as the sole reason so many people stopped playing..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It's not WoW that is dying, it's the Reign of AAA MMO that is ending. A generation as passed and I'll would love to know the age of the players now comparing to the age of the players 10 years ago.

Right now, only Project Titan can restart the AAA MMO market, if it fails, that market is dead. Simple as that. And no, Elder Scrolls Online will not be the one.
    I can see it coming, and this is pretty sad. but it's happening, MMos are losing their popularity... i love MMos, but... i dont see how they are going to survive, WoW is the last warrior, and Titan is the only Hope.... dramatic huh? but it's happening..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post

the worrying thing is, there were obvious things wrong with Cata that you could point to as the reason why subs dropped so much. now it seems like the game is in a better place, but people are still walking away. not sure what Blizzard can do to reverse it, at this stage.
    because the game is not in a better place than it was in cata

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Nope he hasn't and I can't wait to see his reply I think finally he got shutup by fact.

even blizzard stated that they feel they will have less subs when MOP ends.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep the main thing in wow I love to do is solo old content but I refuse to spend 15$ a month to do it.

change the sub free or add a f2p part to wow like all content from 1-80 ill come back and play it I think it will breath new life into wow.

subs don't work anymore the system has to chance and I got a gut feel since blizzard themselfs said that at the end of MOP they feel the sub count will be lower that with the next xpac we will have a new sub/f2p system.
    Oh im praying !!
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    IIT: people who think 8.3 million subscribers means the game is dying. ITT: People who are wrong.
    Whilst i don't think 8.3 million is a paltry number, losing around 15% of your customers during a single quarter is an issue. It's a lot more than i thought it would be to be honest and I think one of the biggest reasons is the dead realms creating environments players can't even experience content in.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Cata returned to a "half" old formula, I should've stated that.

LFR came to be at the end of the expansion when they moved away from the expansion's approach as a whole.

I don't really know how to explain my points further. It's in a previous post of mine me thinks.
    I probably missed it. Thread's moving fast, so I bet I missed the earlier post.

I quit because after 6 years, I'm just burnt out. I LOVED PVP, but now it's just not that appealing anymore.(and not because of the state of the game, but the gameplay itself is getting old for me) I might return whenever. It was a big part of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    this will only lead to a Domino effect.
    I agree. But I would use the term "snowball effect", which is even worse. Of course I am reffering to the the empty-realms situation. People get fed up of empty realms, and not all are willing to pay an insane amount of dollars for an instant file-copying operation (which a character transfer is). I've coded my own MUD (text-mmo - same principles apply) and have to say the greed of Blizzard is appearant here.

RIFT after launch was in a severe decline. They saved their asses by offering free server-transfers (which is NOT mergers).
    (I do not play that game any more, but it is great. I simply do not have the time.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
    MOBA are a 5-man team vs. a 5-man team. Guess what WoW has? 5-man arenas.
    Very poor choices of words, it's like comparing a banana with an apple, they are fruits yeah, nut they are totally diffrents.

Question - Is there any other sub based mmo's left?
    What is there population and how much do they charge?

Anyone can answer these?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Thank you for assuming what my reply would be. The game being old is just one of many possible reason. Just because you don't like to hear it, doesn't make it any less true.

I have no idea why so many stopped playing, none of you do. All I see if the usual suspects declaring x feature or y change as the sole reason.
    The game being crap is also one of the possible reasons. Just because you don't like to hear it doesn't make it any less true.

I have no idea why so many stopped playing and nobody does except the developers. I don't see why the speculation is harmful but apparently some people are so sensitive.