lower the sub to 10$ instead of 15

release new models with the next expansion

feature old time favorites like alleria, turalyon.

add a class or race with high fanbase instal like naga, ogres, ethereal, or demon hunters

merge a few of the lower population servers

make level cap 100 so they can use it in marketing campaigns to go along with the 10 year anniversary

have big marketing campaign like in wrath and bc with all the celebs.

i think all of this would see a large influx of subscribers
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    I mean, what kind of developer on a same state of mind would think that is ok to have pvp completely unbalanced at lower levels because its "tuned to endgame".
    You won't be getting new players with that kind of mentality that for sure, and as a nearly 10 years old game you'd better be attracting new ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    Impressive, but FAR below what it used to be, by about 25%. There's a reason for that, but the "fanboys" and the "devs" don't seem to care. And the subs will continue to hemorrhage while people stick theirs head in the sand...
    Yes subs are lower for a reason I 100% agree.

You do understand that none of the reasons could be nothing to do with how WoW is being developed and released?

Unless you are CEO of blizzard in an alternate time line and you have a time machine.

There is zero way of saying that decision x made subs better or worse, as doing the opposite might of made the subs ever worse.

You can say "I left for this reason" but for every person who says "I left for this reason" there is someone who will say "I stayed for the same reason"

There are so many factors outside of WoW that affect WoW subs.

I am sick of fanbois and haters alike using sub numbers to say "OMFG look I am right WoW is shit/great subs are up/down".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    lower the sub to 10$ instead of 15

release new models with the next expansion

feature old time favorites like alleria, turalyon.

add a class or race with high fanbase instal like naga, ogres, ethereal, or demon hunters

merge a few of the lower population servers

make level cap 100 so they can use it in marketing campaigns to go along with the 10 year anniversary

have big marketing campaign like in wrath and bc with all the celebs.

i think all of this would see a large influx of subscribers
    Sounds nice but it doesn't change the core game experience.
    If you look at the big picture,the leveling grind doesn't even matter,players will spend months at max level.Th endgame content needs to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Maybe ... but also 25% of those subscribers leaving again after the first month.

Graphics and novelty marketing, really? How about some quality ingame content instead of superficial cosmetics and a commercial with Mr. T ?
    i think you underestimate a really good ad campaign.

the south park episode did alot to put wow on the map, something like that would help bring in new people.

i also know theres atleast a good chunk of people who would come back for either a burning legion expansion or if they lowered the sub price a bit.

i think gameplay wise wow is pretty fine, theres a few things that need tweaks (scenarios need to be better which blizzard admits, more minigames to pass the time like pet battles, the bad luck blockers for coins next patch should fix the drop rate problems but will see, they need to add a bit more vanity items that casuals can work towards like mounts and titles, they need to make tabards be account wide and work like mounts and titles, they need to make night time dark again, among a few other things)

im pretty sure the main reason age of wushu is so popular is the amazing ad campaign with all those chinese celebrities
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Why do you imagine that that would be necessary for the information to be useful and interesting? You are being obtuse.

Anyway, I was NOT using the data to compare MMO X vs. MMO Y. I was refering to it to look at the change in usage of a SINGLE MMO over a single week. Can you please criticize what I actually did?
    And you ignore the rest of my post because it's a bit to true for your "statistics"? Get over yourself. You came here with flawed numbers, flawed logic. You got called out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    And you ignore the rest of my post because it's a bit to true for your "statistics"? Get over yourself. You came here with flawed numbers, flawed logic. You got called out on it.
    Let's look at your entire post, then.

@Osmeric, ok, come with 100% proof that a large amount of the playerbase uses Xfire. Also, that every other MMO has the same amount of users. Because hey, if 5% (accurate I assume) of WoW uses Xfire, and 20% of MMO X, you will get wrong results. But I'll assume that you already know that, and actually have a clue about how fail Xfire and WCR are.
    What part did I ignore? Please be specific, and explain why it is relevant to what I was using XFire for in this thread.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Wow didn't see a negative in subs gain/lose til Cata....everyone saying QoL was needed because of the huge amount of new players coming in....need to check their facts. LFR/LFD/BoAs/flying in azeroth/hand fed epics and all the other shit is why you see end of expansion crashes (which they never really recover from)....Wow GAINED subs each quarter without all these BS QoL additions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I'm guessing the devs had a list somewhere of defects in the game, and one item was "rep is useless" (which it was, mostly, in Wrath and Cataclysm.)

So I imagine making valor gear double gated was a solution to the internal problem of justifying the existence of rep.
    Personally I do not think that it is such a bad thing to have useless rep. It gives people who want to grind the rep something to do and other people can just ignore it if they do not need it.
    In my opinion they schouldn't hide gear behind rep unless it is on friendly or honored. The for the higher place mounts, pets, costumes and other vanity items.
    I saw people grinding rep in tbc because they wanted the nether ray mount which was fine by me personally i did the netherwing reputation in order to get a dragon as a mount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Prove it.
    The number of people that raid has reached records due to LFR.

I am saying that 10% subloss is nothing compared to the losses we'd have if they actually implemented the ideas that some people seem to have to "improve" the game.

Yes, the game has quite some flaws and things that could be better.
    Then I open up the first "How to save WoW!"-thread I see and I cannot stop laughing at the bad ideas that some people have.

If they don't appeal that much, then why are so many people raiding nowadays?

They won't ignore it, just like they almost never ignore feedback.
    But to yell that "removal of flying and other shitty ideas" will bring players back is just nonsense.
    You can't say "some of this features proposed will get subs down" because you don't know. You have to go with the data you have which is:

--- in the current state wow finds itself in, they lost 10+% in a single quarter ---

Which is WAY more then enough to make someone up there worry.
    It's clear the current model isn't working when you have such a gargantuan drop. Think about it. 10+% in a single quarter is absurd.
    The discussion that sparks then is only appropriate.

Did'nt expect a big drop like that, since the content is wayyyyyy better than Cata.

Like most of the people mention, the game game is getting oold, it's the same old - same old.

In my opinion, At the begening, 5.2 was looking good, but since the last two weeks, it's just ... boring, maybe if I had a direct portal to Thunder Isle I would check for some dailies, but I prefer the one near the shrines of two moon, still two lesser charm and 5 valors with easy kills on trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    Personally I think that raiding is too hard because I can remember when content was actually designed for the majority of raiders. Back in wrath if you wanted to take a break from progression you could just switch to 10 man and go on an alt run. You didn't take this run seriously, you just did it because it was easy but still engaging. You could take that friend of yours who was convinced he wasn't good enough to raid because he was too afraid to try. You could run with people you liked in a safe environment without worrying that the people you were with sucked at raiding were so much fun.

Or hell, you could find pugs going on all the time for 25 mans too if you weren't saved. These runs would almost always clear to 6/12 and they happened often. The only alt runs I ever see anymore exist to gear out another class in case you need to switch to it for progression.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen a GDKP run in a loooooooooooong time.

Plus when you think about it, we used to have 4 difficulties and now we have 3. So beer league raiding would be the missing difficultly.
    That's more to do with normal and heroic sharing a lockout than normals being too hard (they're quite easy).
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    That's more to do with normal and heroic sharing a lockout than normals being too hard (they're quite easy).
    No they aren't. You people have no clue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Did'nt expect a big drop like that, since the content is wayyyyyy better than Cata.

Like most of the people mention, the game game is getting oold, it's the same old - same old.

In my opinion, At the begening, 5.2 was looking good, but since the last two weeks, it's just ... boring, maybe if I had a direct portal to Thunder Isle I would check for some dailies, but I prefer the one near the shrines of two moon, still two lesser charm and 5 valors with easy kills on trash.
    Sorry but I don't think after such a big drop you can objectively say this expansion was better than cata.
    At the end of the day opinions are personal, and the only official way of "judging" an expansion or anything really is by looking at how the public received it.
    Such a big loss might have to do with the content in mop not being entertaining or good enough for people that all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post

If they don't appeal that much, then why are so many people raiding nowadays?

They won't ignore it, just like they almost never ignore feedback.
    But to yell that "removal of flying and other shitty ideas" will bring players back is just nonsense.
    First of all i agree about not flying. That's stupid. My opinion is that if the developers should learn one thing about this expansion is that their is no going back. You can't take something away from players that they had before and that gets to the ROOT OF THE PROBLEM WITH LFR and paradoxically why they can't remove it but must also offer alternatives to it.

Why are so many people raiding lfr these days? And you'll note fewer and fewer are raiding normals. Well it's quite simple. Go look at their recent gearing blog. It all leads to lfr. They shoved all the great mass of the player base into lfr. Hell they even abandoned the daily questing model by and large. YOu can buy 496 with tot island dailies? well that won't last to long and then what do you do? YOU RUN LFR. You run lfr to get rep because well hey look at that the best valor gear is now behind raid rep AND you run lfr to get gear. PERIOD. That's why so many players are raiding. It's appeal is that they've been funneled into it by the developers. Non daily non lfr alternatives need to be offered. Or better yet have daily alternatives (what do i give a fuck if you do dailies) but also offer dungeon alternatives and organized raid alternatives.

Understand I DO NOT WANT lfr to be removed or lfd. I recognize the value of those systems and like I said their is no going. Mists is proof of that IMHO. How much more regression do we need before some of the more obstinate members of our community recognize that the path to success for the game is forward not backward? How much more bleed do you guys want to see?
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-05-10 at 11:48 AM.

Deleted
    It's something many people have known for a while: WoW isn't as big as people think. It has a lot of "churn" - people who sub but only dip in for a few days and then quit again. That's why the open world is so empty.

WoW players only think there's lots of people playing WoW; they tend to not play other games, and be very vocal about anything WoW-related. This is because a few years ago, it was really the ubiquitous game, but that has not been the case since Cata really. No one I know even plays WoW any more.

WoW is just old. It had its day and it was great, but now it's just old. Some people just find it hard to let go and face the truth because they feel they've invested so much time into their chars, and because the rat race gear treadmill keeps people working away at gear endlessly, masking the lack of actual fun gameplay.

I mean when was the last time you saw something this epic in WoW?

MMOs used to be about those epic moments, big 40-man raids, large scale world PVP etc.

I mean we all remember tarren mill vs southshore fondly, even though it was a zergy mess. It was, and it wasn't skilled or pro and didn't give you gear or points or anything - but it was FUN.

That's what WoW doesn't have now - real actual fun.

WoW is not like that now, it's 10-man raids and 3-man PVP arenas, all done for gear and points. It's not epic at all, it's just a very empty gear treadmill with no real soul of fun behind it besides acquiring new shinies.

Break the spell it has on you, and realise there's lots of other games of all genres to play, and other better MMOs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by imerxx View Post
    Wow didn't see a negative in subs gain/lose til Cata....everyone saying QoL was needed because of the huge amount of new players coming in....need to check their facts. LFR/LFD/BoAs/flying in azeroth/hand fed epics and all the other shit is why you see end of expansion crashes (which they never really recover from)....Wow GAINED subs each quarter without all these BS QoL additions.
    TBC released the most significant QOL features of any expansion to date. Crafting for gear options, heroic dungeons with *gasp* EPICS, badge and vendor gear for filthy casuals WHO FARMED POINTS IN DUNGEONS, flying mounts to get around and even the removal of RAID ATTUNEMENTS *gasp*.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    No they aren't. You people have no clue.
    Yes, they are. Aside from Lei Shen which could cause headaches as roles can shift on the fly, there's not a boss in there that doesn't follow clearly repeatable rules with enough slack in it that if you fail, it's not the end of the world.

I'm sorry you find them hard, but that does not make them hard.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    TBC released the most QOL of any expansion to date. In fact flying and hand fed epics were in tbc.
    Are you for real?

TBH had the hardest heroics with only 1 epic drop at the end of the instance until Magisters, Badge gear actually took work to obtain from said heroics. Raids were alot harder then they are now with only 1 set of tier. No 3 different versions of the same gear crap they have now.