Page 3 of 163 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    So 9.1 to 8.3... technically that would only be a diff of 800k. Subs always fall off after a launch. People come back and try the new expac for a few months and drop off again. Still though, 8.3M subs for an almost 9 year old game that still charges a Sub is pretty good
    I wonder how low the subs have to drop for people like this to stop using this argument.

I predict by the time the next expansion launches, they'll be at 6 million

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    Seems pretty standart for this late in the expansion. This Blizzcon is going to be the most important of all Blizzcons so far. It will make or break the scene:

1. Next WoW expansion info. Has to blow everyone away. Some badass Burning Legion expansion with lots of testosterone, new class, new races, new planet to visit, etc...

2. Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void info. The ultimate showdown, etc...

3. First Titan announcement (blue confirmed to be at Blizzcon). This will either be a "OMFG THIS IS AWESOME AAARGHHHH" or "Wait what? That's it? Laaaamee...."

/popcorn

Oh, and the obligatory INB4 "WoW is dying!" because it ain't.

Well if its not growing and it keeps losing subs than yes it is dying/shrinking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    WOW IS DYING

no it isn't

however, they need to shine with their next expac and think of a more attractive marketing strategy.
    Here's hoping the next one is Burning Legion and rekindles the excitement from TBC.

Deleted
    Long time coming.
    It's only going to decrease until a new expansion is released. If you really think otherwise, you're deluded. Then it's a small increase and even steeper drop again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    and this, they should really drop the price on server transfers.
    even when they drop the price, not everyone is able or willing to have a visa etc...

Blizzard never commented on questions regarding low pop economy, sure CRZ has fixed ZONE population etc

Not FTP, they should drop their sub price a bit though, its like £8.99 now, drop it to £4.99
    and this, they should really drop the price on server transfers.
    That, and/or drop the cost to get up to MoP
    If this game had the same investment cost as when I started there is no way I'd be playing

Its an interesting number. Part of me wonders if its the lack of dungeons. - which in turns makes me wonder how many players dont even do raid finder and once they are bored of the current endgame heroic dungeons they just call it till there are more.

Deleted
    Here's hoping the next one is Burning Legion and rekindles the excitement from TBC.
    indeed
    /10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    wonder how much money they lost from the 1.3 million.
    Not much because SC

Deleted
    Make the game immersive and addictive like it once was blizzard, and you might get more stable subscribers. At the moment it's just way too disposable, the grind too transparent with chore dailies etc. Also, league of legends is wildly growing in popularity over in china/taiwan/korea, that probably takes the biggest bite out of wow subscribers atm.

This game keeps losing more and more subs and people think the current Siting SW or Org and play World of Queue craft is actually an improvement. Blizzard may want to rehire the old talent back... Blizzard North, Matt Uelman etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    I wonder how low the subs have to drop for people like this to stop using this argument.
    lower than every other mmo

So 9.1 to 8.3... technically that would only be a diff of 800k. Subs always fall off after a launch. People come back and try the new expac for a few months and drop off again. Still though, 8.3M subs for an almost 9 year old game that still charges a Sub is pretty good
    So first it gained subs and now 800k lost is not so bad?? The beginning of MOP saw a rise to over 10 million six months later almost two million of them have left. This is bad there is no other way to spin it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    3M. At 3M it will be at its lowest ever almost since launch and will be a sure-fire sign it is on its way out. I just wonder how many subs we have to have to keep people from using the "It's not 12M so it must be dying" argument. Can't have it both ways.

Could be a random thought here, but maybe with North Korea going bat shit crazy, ppl over there are less worried about wow, and more worried about buying canned food and survival stuff atm. Or maybe its the lack of sexy bikini armor xD

Dosen't really surpise me, with the way they have handled wow since Cataclysme launch/End of ICC.

I'm still amased that the game keeps healthy after so many years trough! But when they refuse to merge servers, forcing people to pay transffers, have bad pvp balance, and all the daylie content that was so much fun, it was bound to be big.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Not in the least surprised. WoW is too old a game to show growth anymore, the best they can hope for is a slower decline. Don't misconstrue this, by the way; WoW is and remains the giant of the industry and the go-to standard. They have improved their game considerably, and continue to do so. But improved content or not, it is still a game that is almost a decade old now. You cannot maintain those amazing numbers with such aged technology and concepts, but that's okay. Blizzard is very aware of this, and will slowly begin easing over its player base to whatever new title they bring out (Titan, most likely), a process that will take a few years. WoW is still doing quite well, and certainly magnitudes better than any competitor.

Of course, it's not as though they aren't still making mistakes. MoP's timesink-galore alienated a lot of players and/or made them very angry. The expansion's overall theme's reception was mixed and divided, and apparently did not do as well in the eastern markets as some people thought. Then again, those markets tend to emphasize eye-candy a lot, and WoW just isn't up to par in that respect.

Personally, I was quite pleasantly surprised by the quality of MoP's raiding content, but taken aback by the rest; 5.2 was consequently a very good patch for me (and even made me resub). ToT is a great raid, and the daily/grindy content was kept at a minimum. The game is 8 years old and it shows - but for me, there just isn't a viable alternative right now (and believe me, I've tried). I'm very much looking forward to BlizzCon this year and the hopeful revelation of the next generation. WoW was great and all, but as we see it just won't continue forever.
    I do think that the entire MMO-genre is just dying in general. Blizzard literally started an all out MMO wars as the years have gone on and that was just plain awesome to see. It created a lot of competition, and even though no one came close to even denting the mighty WoW, it got a hell of a lot of people talking. It was great to see so many people with their predictions as the next big MMO would be released. Good memories, I suppose. The game is no where close to being in danger, but it is very much declining. We will have to see next expansion, just what they end up doing. Should be very interesting, and I can't wait!

10+ Year Old Account
    further declines are likely. Had declines from the west and east

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    This game keeps losing more and more subs and people think the current Siting SW or Org and play World of Queue craft is actually an improvement.
    There are definitely areas that can be improved:

- I'd love to see more world exploration in the form of temporary "phased" events or one-off quests (repeatable or not). I posted a thread about it earlier
    - More dungeons!
    - Server transfers off the dead servers
    - Better, balanced PvP that isn't insta-kills