The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    You post in this thread like there's not 60 pages of discussion. Second, you're naive if you think that less subs won't affect your gameplay. You know it takes money to make content right? Where does that money come from? I'll give you a minute to put two and two together.
    It's not even that.

If players start to abandon the field, eventually the devs are going to start panicing and fleeing as well. And when that happens, you get idiotic ideas like "let's make everyone see endgame content" without a though as to the consequences (raids get old in 1 month instead of 6-7).

Yes, that's LFR I'm describing. It was a paniced decision at the end of Cata to try and stave off the bleeding subs.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    It's not even that.

If players start to abandon the field, eventually the devs are going to start panicing and fleeing as well. And when that happens, you get idiotic ideas like "let's make everyone see endgame content" without a though as to the consequences (raids get old in 1 month instead of 6-7).

Yes, that's LFR I'm describing. It was a paniced decision at the end of Cata to try and stave off the bleeding subs.

I'll give them more credit than that. I mean aside from the fact that programming something like that isn't something you do in a hurry I don't think their deer in the headlights or anything.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 05:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    We can only farm Heroic Jin'rokh and everyone is 520+ ilvl so Normal Mode gear is useless for us. We tried Ji-Kun and Tortos but we wipe in like the first 2 minute on both of those. We can't get past the 3rd gate on Horridon.

We're honestly thinking about quitting until these bosses get major NERFS because they're OVERTUNED and not doable by the average raider. It's not absolutely not our skill that's lacking, it's Blizzards stupid tuning that's preventing us from killing Heroic bosses.

We have over 100 wipes on Horridon so far. The boss is just not doable. Being stuck on 1/13 H for 6 weeks is going to make us unsub.
    Wow that's rough brother I'm sorry to hear that.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I'll give them more credit than that. I mean aside from the fact that programming something like that isn't something you do in a hurry I don't think their deer in the headlights or anything.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 05:27 AM ----------

Wow that's rough brother I'm sorry to hear that.
    He is partially correct, they don't take into consideration the bad effects things they put into the game can have, LFR being one, cross realm everything being another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    He is partially correct, they don't take into consideration the bad effects things they put into the game can have, LFR being one, cross realm everything being another.
    Well I don't think it's so much that they don't consider it's that they aren't clear and that you and I are basically talking in hind sight. Trust me I don't want to stick up for them but LFR makes sense on paper and I don't think getting rid of it is viable nor should they get rid of it at all.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Lfr allowed bigger and better raids to be made. It opened raiding up to a much larger portion of the community. How can you write that off as a loss?

From the general forums on the official site. The leaked blizzard reaction to 1.3M sub loss.

Deleted
    8.3 million subscribers...that still means that Blizzard earns almost 75 Million Pounds per month...nothing to worry about this game still makes crazy money, it's not going anywhere and hopefully a huge % of peeps leaving are the kind of people you don't really want in the game anyway...I still <3 WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Lfr allowed bigger and better raids to be made. It opened raiding up to a much larger portion of the community. How can you write that off as a loss?
    #1.........less people are raiding in this expansion

#2.........LFR is NOT raiding, raiding takes coordination, communication, and you can not nod off and still live (and yes I have nodded off during LFR because it was so damn boring)

#3.........LFR further put in a nail in the coffin of the need for making friends and being in a guild

#4.........LFR breeds bad players and bad attitudes, you can completely ignore mechanics and live for gods sake!

That's how I can write it off as a loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not surprised to be honest it's an old game but 8.3 million is still impressive consider how old WoW is.

10+ Year Old Account
    #1.........less people are raiding in this expansion

#2.........LFR is NOT raiding, raiding takes coordination, communication, and you can not nod off and still live (and yes I have nodded off during LFR because it was so damn boring)

#3.........LFR further put in a nail in the coffin of the need for making friends and being in a guild

#4.........LFR breeds bad players and bad attitudes, you can completely ignore mechanics and live for gods sake!

That's how I can write it off as a loss.
    More people are raiding than ever. They are raiding lfr. You may not consider that raiding as per your number two point but who cares the developers do. I agree theirs consequences to implementing but non of what you listed. Bads existed before and so did their attitude. They managed to get gear somehow. YOu can still make friends although I do agree lfr doesn't promote this theirs nothing that prevents it.
    The hammer comes down:

We're honestly thinking about quitting until these bosses get major NERFS because they're OVERTUNED and not doable by the average raider. It's not absolutely not our skill that's lacking, it's Blizzards stupid tuning that's preventing us from killing Heroic bosses.
    "It's not that I'm too weak, the weights are just too heavy!"
    "Those weights are not meant for you."
    "I paid just as much as you to come to this gym, I can use whatever weights I want!"
    "But you can't handle them."
    "So the gym should do something about it!"

This is the logic you're displaying. If you can't do it, then it's not meant for you. These are HEROIC RAIDS. This is the hardest content available. Not something meant for everyone -- that's what LFR and normal mode is for.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    More people are raiding than ever. They are raiding lfr. You may not consider that raiding as per your number two point but who cares the developers do. I agree theirs consequences to implementing but non of what you listed. Bads existed before and so did their attitude. They managed to get gear somehow. YOu can still make friends although I do agree lfr doesn't promote this theirs nothing that prevents it.
    They existed sure.............but LFR BREEDS them, I can't count the number of times I have heard "LOL it's LFR it doesn't matter"

We can only farm Heroic Jin'rokh and everyone is 520+ ilvl so Normal Mode gear is useless for us. We tried Ji-Kun and Tortos but we wipe in like the first 2 minute on both of those. We can't get past the 3rd gate on Horridon.

We have over 100 wipes on Horridon so far. The boss is just not doable. Being stuck on 1/13 H for 6 weeks is going to make us unsub.
    Just a quick note, Heroics aren't meant to be targeted at the "average raider," as you put it. If you're working on HMs right now, you're not an average raider. And if you're dying within the first two minutes on Tortos and Ji-kun consistently, you're doing something wrong with the strategy, or your group is not up to Heroics. If you're not getting past Door 3 on Horridon, pulling 100+ times isn't just going to magically solve it. Plenty of groups have killed it, so calling it "just not doable" isn't going to help your group kill it.

Heroics are targeted at groups that want significant challenges and appropriately aren't nerfed as much. As for farming heroic Jin'rokh, congratulations but I would argue that Normal Lei Shen is as hard or slightly harder than Heroic Jin'rokh due to the complexity of Lei Shen and the simplicity of Jin'rokh. Point being, killing HM Jin doesn't signify the skill necessary to beat the rest of the HM encounters.

or maybe learn to play.

i think for now you can safely say that Age of Wushu has the most amount of players.

copied from the front page bullets

"Players consume content faster and subscribe and unsubscribe as new content is added."

seems to hit it on the head. people get it, beat it, quit it, come back, repeat. in the process some people don't bother to come back to it because human nature dictates disinterest after prolonged absence. seems basic and not worth all the shit talk and speculation.

Wow is just boring atm when having to level alts. Still waiting for them to lower the exp it takes to level to 90 . Hopefully they'll add a book for flying to.

Right but you can skip horridon, run him on normal and farm one of the easier bosses on heroic can't you? LIke is every boss on heroic that much harder?

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 05:11 AM ----------

So if we kill lei shen we should be able to do 4/12 relatively easily? 6/12?
    1/12 or maybe 2/12 somewhat easily.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    copied from the front page bullets

"Players consume content faster and subscribe and unsubscribe as new content is added."

seems to hit it on the head. people get it, beat it, quit it, come back, repeat. in the process some people don't bother to come back to it because human nature dictates disinterest after prolonged absence. seems basic and not worth all the shit talk and speculation.
    i remember clearly the point already being discuss in .... vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    They existed sure.............but LFR BREEDS them, I can't count the number of times I have heard "LOL it's LFR it doesn't matter"
    You have absolutely no conclusive proof of that. Let's take your anecdote on face value. I've also had a more than a few experience in lfr WHERE PLAYERS STEP UP AND LEAD GROUPS. Yes it happens and players do perform well from time to time.
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    i remember clearly the point already being discuss in .... vanilla.
    not my fault people still shit talk and speculate o.0