10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Well this is bound to happen when you go for quantity over quality.
    It's been bad word of mouth since Cataclysm really, and there sure wasn't quantity in that expansion, Blizzards problems are as follows

- Focusing on the least important details (old world revamp too late)

- Adding new classes rather than perfecting current ones

- Poor customer relations (dismissing what the customer says and making excuses)

- Lack of direction (Casual or Hardcore?)

- Refusal to put a pvp spec in the game (it would solve the nerf-buff-nerf-buff issue big time)

- Not thinking about how their choices could impact the future of the game (LFD/LFR, CRZ, Gated Rep)

If they could fix those maybe things could get better, but I doubt they will and will continue to put band-aid fixes out that don't last.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    What Kotick and/or Morhaime said in the conference call was that the majority (no 'VAST') of the net sub loss was from the East. In Q&A at the end, this was clarified to say 'east' basically meant 'China'. It was also said that while the majority of the loss was from the east, there were also net losses in the west.

You can listen to a recording of the call by going to the investor relations page at activisionblizzard.com, or you can search around the net for a transcript if one becomes available (Seeking Alpha often has one, although you may have to create an account to read it.)
    They didn't explain what majority meant though. To be honest majority could be one extra chinese subscription over the the west. In my opinion without an actual number the term "majority" is meaningless.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-05-10 at 09:33 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    revenue went up
    Non-GAAP revenue in the quarter for Online Subscriptions (the bucket that is primarily WoW) is down 22% year-on-year.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That's what happens in modern society where anything that doesn't cater to "me" is instantly defined as shit.

People lost the power to be objective, because humanity turned retarded.
    Humanity has always been retarded in my opinion. That's why shit happens if you cater for the majority aka common denominator. The ruin of modern society. Yep I said it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Let me remind u that when Wow came out the HIGHEST review it got was 5/10. It was slated all over the internet by the reviewers. And we all know how well Wow did after those scathing reviews...

If ur naive enough to judge a game on 10minutes of play after just downloading it then ur pretty dumb. If the UI is bad then im sure addons will fix it... didnt that also happen in Wow? lol

lmao

Compared to other games on Ultra Wow falls very short indeed. Other games look much more amazing on ultra than Wow. Theyre all more modern games designed with higher end PCs in mind so theyre bound to look better than Wow.
    sry but back when WoW came out it got really good reviews. I remember it getting over 90% or 9/10 some german gaming magazines.

And the following expansion packs also did get good reviews. I still think WoW is a good game unfortunatly that is it is a good single player game now a days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Honestly, I think there are now too many F2P games that are 'good enough' to be an acceptable substitute for a game that has a high entry price plus a monthly fee. New players coming in to the game at a rate that's higher than the people leaving is vanishingly unlikely to happen no matter what they do.
    I honestly haven't found a F2P game yet that is "Good enough" or I would have left by now, the ones that I find are F2P yes but have so many limitations on them unless you pay so either way *shrug*.

Honestly, MOP was a weird one for me. I was having fun, had plenty to do at end game, and I'll say that it was a good expansion. Personally I just couldn't get into the eastern theme though, which is funny since I'm quite the fan of Asian culture, yet it didn't seem to fit wow for me.

I'll probably resub after MOP is over and the game, hopefully, returns to its more westernized fantasy setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know if this has been posted, but i found it interesting, and i agree with them. WoW will go ftp eventually but probably not for 2-4 more years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then I disagree.
    To me it's more the "everything should cater to me, screw the rest!"-attitude that has been rising.

Your personal entertainment means shit to the enjoyment of a multiple others.
    Demanding that a business caters to you and screws over thousand others is stupid and unrealistic.
    I guess 1.3 million players and the future ones leaving are all stupid then? You can call them drooling brainless ass retards but hey guess what. Their 15 bucks is just as good as yours or mine.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I think its a good thing we have sub losses.

It means somewhere down the line some mistakes have been made or maybe new MMOs etc have sprung up to take a part of the pie.

this means blizzard HAS to try even harder and this means the quantity/quality should increase.

I for one enjoyed mop but can see it has some flaws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I guess 1.3 million players and the future ones leaving are all stupid then? You can call them drooling brainless ass retards but hey guess what. Their 15 bucks is just as good as yours or mine.
    I'd rather have the 15 bucks a month of people that keep playing than the 15 bucks a month of the people who play for a while then move onto another game then come back for another month etc etc.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 05:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I think its a good thing we have sub losses.

It means somewhere down the line some mistakes have been made or maybe new MMOs etc have sprung up to take a part of the pie.

this means blizzard HAS to try even harder and this means the quantity/quality should increase.

I for one enjoyed mop but can see it has some flaws.

No they don't or they would have done it after the staggering sub losses during Crapaclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    So? You got it right!
    Their 15 bucks is just as good as yours or mine.
    That also means that MY 15 bucks is just as good as theirs or yours.
    90% of the suggested changes by people would probably make me quit WoW.
    Actually your math is wrong. your 15 bucks is your 15 bucks. The 1.3 million who left and god knows how many more who will leave is worth far more than that.
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Earlier in this thread it was said that Age of Wushu was stealing Wow subs. I grabbed it tonight. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.

Honestly Street Fighter 2 is a better made game. Interface is terrible, fights are choppy, no flow, etc and the controls are bad. I understand F2P is the new thing but I wouldn't spend a dime on it. Mayeb there's other examples but Age of Wushu is not one.

The Nosy Gamer has some comments on AoW in his weekly tracking of XFire usage states. It was down almost 40% in the second week after its release.

What happened to Age of Wushu? I suspect that as the Xfire community is basically from the west that this eastern import is experiencing a culture clash. I'll just post this conclusion from a review from PC Gamer...
    "Age of Wushu can be fun, but that's only if you stay with the game after the initial tortuous two hours tutorial. Even later, however, it's easy to get discouraged by the repetitive nature of quests and unclear game systems. Therefore, this MMORPG restricts itself only to big fans of Chinese culture who are willing to learn a lot, or to vehement players of this genre who like maxing their Hunting and Cooking skills while setting up the most profitable stalls. Age of Wushu has a lot to learn from its older, distant cousin World of Warcraft, and if Snail Games' production were as accessible and streamlined as Blizzard's, many more would flock to this free-to-play, climatic kung-fu adventure."
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    I'd rather have the 15 bucks a month of people that keep playing than the 15 bucks a month of the people who play for a while then move onto another game then come back for another month etc etc.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 05:45 AM ----------

No they don't or they would have done it after the staggering sub losses during Crapaclysm.
    Really? I'd rather have a developer who can engage both groups but I guess were good to accept mediocrity to our dying days. Slouching towards bethlehem.
    The hammer comes down:

Bwahahaha.. seriously? Osmeric.. you take any article that uses Xfire of all things as data seriously? You do realise only a tiny, tiny amount of the MMO gamers uses Xfire right?

Is WoW dying? No
    Is WoW slowly losing subs? Yea
    Should Blizzard try to fix that? No, they should choose 1 group to focus on. Not cater and to the casuals (who left according to the released info) and the hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by tohyatvc View Post
    While WoW's style does have its charms, there's no way anyone can say this with a straight face any longer, unless you have literally played no other recent games.
    I played GW2 for a few weeks and then I went back to WoW to see the new patch just before my sub ran out. It was horrible...

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Bwahahaha.. seriously? Osmeric.. you take any article that uses Xfire of all things as data seriously? You do realise only a tiny, tiny amount of the MMO gamers uses Xfire right?
    You do realize that the relative change in usage is insensitive the absolute number that use Xfire, especially over a single week, right?

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post

Is WoW dying? No
    Is WoW slowly losing subs? Yea
    Should Blizzard try to fix that? No, they should choose 1 group to focus on. Not cater and to the casuals (who left according to the released info) and the hardcore.
    He'll eventually point to warcraft realms or whatever as well. You know, the site that uses an outdated addon no one uses?

Give it a week, he'll disappear. He only really pops up at the quarterly results.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    He'll eventually point to warcraft realms or whatever as well. You know, the site that uses an outdated addon no one uses?
    Actually, I had already pointed at WCR. If you take WCR seriously, this decline is a bit surprising. WCR showed a large decline in activity right after MoP release, but activity has been declining only very slowly since then (slower than the same period in Cataclysm).

Give it a week, he'll disappear. He only really pops up at the quarterly results.
    This is completely false, as even a cursory inspection of my posting history will reveal. Stop being a lying liar who lies, ok?

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean.. Like having Hard Modes and LFR?
    Some people seem to have an "All or nothing"-attitude.

I've seen casuals whining that they spend too much time on Heroics and I have seen hardcore raiders QQ that they spend time on LFR.

You can't please two groups when one of their demands is to stop pleasing the other group.

And I can say, with full confidence, that changes as the ones proposed in that thread would cost them more than 1.3 million.
    And people say my jokes were bad... Lfr doesn't appeal to players as much as the current design just shovels them into it. I like LFR but I understand why it's not very appealing.

I guess mists is just perfect then and the sub loss can be ignored by forum posters. The developers will probably not ignore it though.
    The hammer comes down: