Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    They will if it's aimed for them to do it. They didn't merely have elements that appealed to casual players, they revolutionized the genre by focusing on the casual experience and not simple hardcores. WoW is as casual as the developers make it to be and that's the problem with mists. They made it to be less casual and casual players subsequently weren't engaged. Shock and surprise.
    I kind of agree about Mists. The problem is the community has become tired. How many more new regions can Blizzard keep creating in an attempt to enthuse the community? As the gameworld grows the population spreads out ever more thinly. New players don't want to pay a monthly fee for a game with ancient graphics, and old players are suffering over-familiarity and WoW fatigue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Yes it's unbearable.
    Yea dude. I hope whatever comes in 6.0. Has me going to some where strange and exotic and fantastic. Not some fat pandas farm to pick up yack crap 10 times in a row or make yak coffee out of his feces. I'm not opposed to the odd humorous quest btw, outland sucks is one of my fave still but everything in mists is crap and poo jokes.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-05-10 at 01:26 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    I think questing was horrible this expansion. In fact it's one of the things they did better in cataclysm. Their is ZERO diversity of the questing experience in mists and it's god damn slow and doesn't break the experience up enough. It's all collect this or catch that and if you don't care about pandas or the story it's just a slog with not enough dungeons or other content to break up the experience. Like why no scenarios pre lvl 90?
    The questing experience was good at the start when they actually gave us the conflict between horde and alliance they'd been promising. But how long did that last? And then you were back to running errands for the locals again. One whole area where almost all you do have to do with keeping their farms running. Two patches in and if you're someone like me where the story ends at the first sight of a blue exclamation mark then the little horde/alliance conflict we saw at the start was pretty much all there was

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    I kind of agree about Mists. The problem is the community has become tired. How many more new regions can Blizzard keep creating in an attempt to enthuse the community? As the gameworld grows the population spreads out ever more thinly. New players don't want to pay a monthly fee for a game with ancient graphics, and old players are suffering over-familiarity and WoW fatigue.
    Actually they will if theirs something in the game that appeals to them. Ask yourself what has kept you playing wow for the long time? Well for me it's just the social aspects of the game by and large and to be honest it's why I played Blizz games in the past two. Diablo 2 chat was awesome. Diablo 2 was so fucking easy to that it didn't matter we could take anybody and we'd just shoot the shit while farming some crap. Or playing ums on sc or NR20 games and just having a good time with pals.

That's the long term hook for me I guess. I don't think I'm particularly atypical but I might be. Who knows. really all of this is academic they have some big 100 pound fish to fry. Server pops I'm lookin at you.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Taking away challenging and up-to-date 5 man content (not the pointless challenge runs which IMO have no place in this kind of game)for the sake of more dailies, LFR and scenarios really hurt a portion of players imo. It's a casual content yet challenging and rewarding enough to give you some goals and to keep you playing the game, if only because of that.

One thing I liked about Cataclysm were ZA and ZG rehashes, they were far from trivial (for the group of randoms) and if you didn't outgear them they offered lots of gear from lots of bosses. As a former HC wotlk raider gone casual they've kept me playing for weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    classic zones you could easily level up 4 toons or so witout repeating hardly any quests, between the 2 factions.
    Yes somehow with cata they managed to make the world 100 times smaller

Thing is there won't be a revamp of the old world ever again so now fellas we've got to stick with it.
    If only I think what they did to the beautiful mysterious land of azshara... *shivers*

10+ Year Old Account
    You know I just realized, blizzard making the statement they don't need new 5man dungeons in mists after the start of it, and will just do scenarios, thats probably going to bite them on the ass too.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god don't get me started on scenarios. Like they don't owe me any more dungeons that's fine but the modus operandi has been more dungeons. more dugneons at release and more dungeons over the course of the expansion. Their not liable but it sure as hell feels shifty and shabby as fuck to be told btw going forward no more for you. It was disingenuous to have not at least let players know that before the expansion came out.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Blizzard also have done this thing since cataclysm of making wow's questing system feel completely lineal, even in mists, you can't progress though a zone unless you finish chains of quests, instead of like vanilla where hubs were open to you and allows you to explore and do things there.
    That's actually true, vanilla questing to 60 required even guides (like the old James's ones) for make it in the most efficient way if you wanted to level a character in the fastest way possibile, if you wanted that for any kind of reason. In TBC there's was still some choice of zones and questlines to follow, but in Wrath that slowly began to dissapear. Now, as it was in Cata, "guides" are absolutely useless. There is now way that you can miss the path or pick the longest/worst efficient series of questlines. Now exists just a way for dealing with a zone, you just follow the line until the end, then next zone.

WoW isn't Dying, is having competition. MMORPG market has now a big variety of games and ppl just have more options. Besides this, players have grown or just don't feel the same after playing 3 or 5 years of the same game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    That's actually true, vanilla questing to 60 required even guides (like the old James's ones) for make it in the most efficient way if you wanted to level a character in the fastest way possibile, if you wanted that for any kind of reason. In TBC there's was still some choice of zones and questlines to follow, but in Wrath that slowly began to dissapear. Now, as it was in Cata, "guides" are absolutely useless. There is now way that you can miss the path or pick the longest/worst efficient series of questlines. Now exists just a way for dealing with a zone, you just follow the line until the end, then next zone.
    I wonder who in the name of god came up with that idea. There must be one dickhead that proposed something like that in a meeting at some stage.
    Yeh, that guy? Fire him blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syran View Post
    Taking away challenging and up-to-date 5 man content (not the pointless challenge runs which IMO have no place in this kind of game)for the sake of more dailies, LFR and scenarios really hurt a portion of players imo. It's a casual content yet challenging and rewarding enough to give you some goals and to keep you playing the game, if only because of that.

One thing I liked about Cataclysm were ZA and ZG rehashes, they were far from trivial (for the group of randoms) and if you didn't outgear them they offered lots of gear from lots of bosses. As a former HC wotlk raider gone casual they've kept me playing for weeks.
    Oh if only the reqard for doing the challenge modes all in gold wasn't a fuck ugly set, but something that look simple but faboulous i would do them.
    On a sidenote why do all armor sets in mists look like something mage by some weirdo lady gaga wannabe designer. They are overstuffed with all kinds of crap, like candles and extremely oversized schoulders.
    I miss classic sets like paladin t2, rogue t2, mage t5, mage t1, warrior t3, priest t7 or perhaps even shaman t10. They where quite nice and simple, and your char didn't look like something who has just been to the carnivale in Rio...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god don't get me started on scenarios. Like they don't owe me any more dungeons that's fine but the modus operandi has been more dungeons. more dugneons at release and more dungeons over the course of the expansion. Their not liable but it sure as hell feels shifty and shabby as fuck to be told btw going forward no more for you. It was disingenuous to have not at least let players know that before the expansion came out.
    I do think the scenario method is blizzards 'solution' to preventing ninjas taking loot. The only problem is, you can't even gurentee anything dropping for you, or if its worth doing a scenario for anything. Dungeons utilize atlas loot for a reason, so you can work towards killing a boss for an item you want.. not just doing a whole scenarion for a box that may or may not content an item is is or isn't complete useless for your spec/class.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    The questing experience was good at the start when they actually gave us the conflict between horde and alliance they'd been promising. But how long did that last? And then you were back to running errands for the locals again. One whole area where almost all you do have to do with keeping their farms running. Two patches in and if you're someone like me where the story ends at the first sight of a blue exclamation mark then the little horde/alliance conflict we saw at the start was pretty much all there was
    Just to chime in, i agree. MoP is the first expansion where i don't feel compelled to finish the questing experience. Was rather bland and omg if i have to do another fucking errand. Too lighhearted, too unfamiliar.

Another thing Blizzard need to accept though, which is a different topic, is that dailys are mandatory. In fact they did say this two patches after everyone else said it. They can never just state the obvious from the start. Too much gating etc.. also i feel LFR is the most boring, waste of time ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Tried leveling in Valley of the 4 winds, it really was a horrible experience. If the overall theme wasn't detached from reality and good taste enough, the only two iterations of quest themes were killing vermin and doing something about someone crops or produces. Only thing decent about that zone was Nesingwary and even that felt somehow fucked up and short.

Deleted
    I do think the scenario method is blizzards 'solution' to preventing ninjas taking loot. The only problem is, you can't even gurentee anything dropping for you, or if its worth doing a scenario for anything. Dungeons utilize atlas loot for a reason, so you can work towards killing a boss for an item you want.. not just doing a whole scenarion for a box that may or may not content an item is is or isn't complete useless for your spec/class.
    Scenarios are a complete mystery to me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax75 View Post
    Oh if only the reqard for doing the challenge modes all in gold wasn't a fuck ugly set, but something that look simple but faboulous i would do them.
    On a sidenote why do all armor sets in mists look like something mage by some weirdo lady gaga wannabe designer. They are overstuffed with all kinds of crap, like candles and extremely oversized schoulders.
    I miss classic sets like paladin t2, rogue t2, mage t5, mage t1, warrior t3, priest t7 or perhaps even shaman t10. They where quite nice and simple, and your char didn't look like something who has just been to the carnivale in Rio...
    I hate hate hate hate the majority of gear in this game now. The paladin belt and shoulders from this tier look OKAY. I like the paladin belt with the big glowing part in the middle. That's about it. The shoulders are okay to they kinda match the belt. EVERYTHING ELSE I"VE XMOGGED and xmogging old gear has become my new fav thing to do during off time.
    The hammer comes down:

They feel like a solution in search of a problem.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    What they are is another way for Blizzard to produce content that isn't a dungeon so they can produce a massive raid tier, sate the desires of a tiny portion of the population (at the expense of filthy dungeon loving casuals) and then also to get as much bang for their buck as they can shove everybody into that lfr design as well. It's a shell game. They haven't produced more when you think about it. they've produced less that players were calling for and even GC now says well gee I wish I had a dungeon in 5.3.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    Then Heroic Scenarios must be grand unified theory.
    The hammer comes down: