Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ...
19
27
28
29
30
31
39
... LastLast
  1. #561
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    One of the reasons I wont be renewing my sub, I dont want free gear but I spent 7 hours one day trying to cap VP using LFR, scenarios and heroics and only ended up with 600. Double gating and dailies really killed this game off for me, I was already in a burnout phase anyway.
    Good god man, don't try to cap VP in one day.

    Mine's always capped by the end of the week and all I do is 4 LFR queues spread out over the week, a heroic+scenario every other day when I can be bothered, and some easymode IOT content for some bonus VP. I'm capped by Sunday and it's effortless.

    The biggest problem Blizzard is having is this mentality of older players that they need to grind things out immediately instead of doing them at a more relaxed pace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  2. #562
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Great now I have to hear every man and his dog attributing the sub drop to whatever their pet hate is about the game for the next couple of months.

    Back in the real world: this game is 9 years old, on its 4th expansion and it costs $15 a month to play. In a market where MMOs are dying back and most have gone F2P. No shit it's shrinking. The only thing that's surprising is that it somehow still dominates the genre after all this time.



    We do have a big advantage in MoP with commendations and Valor of the Ancients which we didn't have in Wrath. Though I do agree they could do better alt-wise. Blizzard says as much themselves.

    The fact is, a large proportion of players play ONLY their main and refuse to consider alts as actual content, and for the entire time I've been playing I've seen them on the forums demanding more content NOW NOW NOW because their main is fully geared (usually they're through NM at most but anyway). Blizzard tried to cater to them by having enough content in MoP that you don't run out even on your main, which of course means a massive burden for those of us with a lot of alts.

    Not their fault really. Just another case of two different factions in the playerbase that are diametrically opposed and pleasing one pisses off the other.
    Now this is a person who knows what he's talking about. The problem is this will get buried in 100s of clueless posts, or the idiots will never return to READ informative replies which is why they are so ignorant to begin with.

    People just jump to reply because they disagree with a feature instead of reading blue posts and helping solve the never ending "make everyone happy" goal. Most complaints have been addressed and are being actively worked on as scaling grows and what was once easy a few expansions ago is becoming tougher to balance and implement. It's good to have high expectations, but nothing is going to be perfect. The problem is nostalgia and there is never going to be the high of the first few expansions. But if you don't burn yourself out, help the developers and acknowledge the positives new content has brought, ANY experience will always be flawed. The grass is not greener on the other side... Trust me I've been there. There are NO developers delivering like WoW does. Go ahead, go to another game or play your precious Wrath or Vanilla on a private server. You will quickly realize how spoiled you are.

  3. #563
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Nostalgia made a million players quit, because they all thought the game used to be better than it actually was. Nostalgia prevented them from seeing how much fun they're having grinding out dailies, farming, and playing PokeWoW. If only they'd waited to unsub, they could have watched other people play PokeWoW and realized how much fun they were having!
    Wtf? The game is obviously better than it was then. PokeWoW is FUN. The game is ONLY better because it's in there. There's no way to argue it's a bad thing. Stop mentioning it.

    It is possible you had more fun in BC. That does not mean the game was better than now. It only means you had more fun then.

    Let me explain to you the difference. Imagine you ride a roller coaster for the first time. It's awesome. Then you're told you're going to ride that same roller coaster at least once an hour for 6 months at which point you will switch to a new cool roller coaster. You're going to do this for 7 years. In year 7 how much fun are you going to be having? Even if the roller coaster is better you're going to hate roller coasters at this point and want nothing to do with them.

    The game is what 8 or 9 years old? You've been playing the same game for 5 years at least if you think BC was best. I'm sorry but games are not going to be fun forever. That's why this game is worse for you. You want something new and WoW will NEVER be able to provide this. That's the way it is. Blizzard's goal is not to stop the leak of old players leaving. That's impossible. The best they can do it limit it a bit. In the meantime they want to attract people who quit a while back to come back and give it a shot again. They want to attract new players who have never experienced WoW. That's the right thing to do.

    This is the most successful MMO there has ever been. No game will ever kill it. It'll grow old and die of old age. It's already on its way. Blizzard should be incredibly proud of the work they've done and continue to do. They made something amazing. It wasn't going to last forever.

    I think the game is way better than it was in BC. I had more fun in BC, though, and especially vanilla, and I spent maybe 4 months combined time doing hardcore raiding. What made it fun? It was fresh and new. It was exciting. It's not anymore. I had more fun then, but the game was way, way worse. Grinding, simple boss mechanics, terrible group makeup requirements, awful gating requirements for everything, the economy sucked, there was a heavy elitist attitude, and arena was the only option for pvp and you lost if you weren't PMR or a resto druid. That stuff was fun because it was new. These new mechanics simply add-on to something that isn't new.

  4. #564
    Quote Originally Posted by Galrauch View Post
    If you think this game is "improving" you are completely delusional
    The game is improving a lot for raiders. I can't say the same for any other part as I only partake in raiding.

  5. #565
    One does not simply play same game for 20 years.

  6. #566
    D-d-d-drop the sub!
    That guy (>'.')>


    How i would rate WoW Cinematics : WotLK>MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

  7. #567
    Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    These dudes crack me up.... If WoE is so easy, link your current heroic mode experience.
    These dudes crack me up, assuming raiding heroics are the end all.

    Also, people jumping up and down excited because you were dying to tell yourself you were right, realize you are WRONG. The game is NOT dying and it ALWAYS loses subs around the middle/end of the XP. This has been historically occurring even during its peak in Wrath. Stop having selective reading and understand what is being said. New content will draw people back and they are developing new ways to encourage players to come back. This will also continue to occur and HAS occurred through the entire life of the title.
    When your subs have peaked and now only lower and go lower....you are dying slowly.

    Stop wishing something people enjoy to fall because you either sucked and left, burnt yourself out, couldn't cut experiencing the entire game or play a failing competitor.
    Sensing some fanboyism.

  8. #568
    Blizzard found out what happens when you have a really alt unfriendly x-pac. It maybe too late to recover that because everyone who played knows how frustrating the alt rep grind and gearing grind was at the beginning. It was a poor design choice to make playing multiple toons very difficult. Although they have addressed many of those issues people still have it in their minds that playing an alt is cumbersome and time consuming.

  9. #569
    Don't try to attribute ONE thing you don't like about WoW now to 1.3 mln+ people unsubscribing.
    Obviously, it's much more complex than that.
    The overall quality of the game dropped on many levels, it wasn't a matter of one silly change.

  10. #570
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Exactly why the hell would I give a damn about china? I want EU/US info.
    Why give a damn about the EU/US market? Affects your game about as much as the Chinese market does.

    This info is not for players, it's for investors.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 05:23 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zokten View Post
    These dudes crack me up, assuming raiding heroics are the end all.
    If you want WoW to be hard, do the hard content. Would've thought that was pretty obvious.

    And we have Challenge Modes as well now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  11. #571
    Dreadlord Tarx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    787
    Thats because blizzard, work more in pet battles than pvp and pve. Thats we I left the game. Thanks God!

  12. #572
    so, it looks China friendly panda kung-fu datadisc didn't help...

  13. #573
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If you want WoW to be hard, do the hard content. Would've thought that was pretty obvious.

    And we have Challenge Modes as well now.
    Assuming its the type of content you enjoy playing to start with

  14. #574
    Warchief Clevername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    behind cover
    Posts
    2,132
    I will never understand why so many players take such a personal interest in Blizzard's quarterly status reports. I mean I love me some Ben & Jerry's but I'm not going to be bothered to monitor their sales like a hawk and immediately damning them as having 'lost touch' and proclaiming their downfall if they make a bad flavor. Just a game folks, if you like it keep playing, if you don't move on.

  15. #575
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokten View Post
    These dudes crack me up, assuming raiding heroics are the end all.



    When your subs have peaked and now only lower and go lower....you are dying slowly.



    Sensing some fanboyism.
    1.) If they are saying the game is easy, then I would assume they are comparing the highest difficulty of content. Wait, you're right, I assume people are using their brain too much.

    2.) The fact that you made that statement sadly shows how ignorant and clueless you really are. Really look up the definition of ignorant too. A peak, is just that... A peak. If something drops below it, it does not mean it is dying. It is simply leveling.

    3.) I'm sensing a lack of information and knowledge. Read a book.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 01:49 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zokten View Post
    Assuming its the type of content you enjoy playing to start with
    And let's not forget heroic scenarios coming, ranked PvP, various sites to compete for best class/guild performance, two tiers scaled better than BC and notably difficult.

    Ignorance is a disease.

  16. #576
    Epic! OneSent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Forest
    Posts
    1,628
    I really fail to see how this expansion has been alt-unfriendly.

    It has never been so easy or as quick to gear up a freshly level-capped toon than it has been now. EVER.

    You ding lvl 90, you run heroic 5-mans to get some blues to increase your ilvl for LFR and you start raiding. WTF MINDBLOWN?! With the increase to drop rates and coins to give you an extra shot at loot, you could be decked out in raid epics in just a few short weeks. Of course, the loot gods may not smile upon you, but you are still raiding within the first week of hitting lvl 90 regardless.

    I think most people just can't look past the amount of dailies that were added with MoP. Dailies that you never had to do a single day for the above route to be effective for gearing any single character. As someone who plays only one character, the dailies were a blessing. Yes, they were tedious at times and repetitive, but they gave me something to do each day I logged on.

    Compared to how it used to be - when an alt was nothing more than a character you dicked around on, nothing serious - this game is becoming World of Altcraft and it just blows my mind that people can't see that. Never in the past (pre-LFR) could you ever have had multiple characters sporting epics.

  17. #577
    To me it seems like the themes of the game are more of a turnoff to people than anything else. The quality of Pandaria is top-notch to be sure, but I'm pretty sure most people were expecting a Burning Legion/Emerald Dream/South Seas expansion before the Pandaria announcement, and they still want those things. If the quality of the next expansion is on par with MoP (while maybe being a little more lenient to people with alts) then I think sub numbers will be fine for the near future.

    I'm curious as to what is going on with WoW in China. They have MoP out there already right?

  18. #578
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    Oh no not 8.3 million subscribers! Wow is totally dead now guize!
    Considering they used to have over 12 million, yeah it's safe to say that, while not dead, it is dying. Frankly, Blizzard has lost touch with the player base. Instead, they seem to be focused on their own personal wants and ideas that fit their life styles. In all honesty though, it's not a surprise. Mike Morhaime is 47. Rob Pardo is 42. Chris Metzen is 39. Even Ghostcrawler is in his 40's. According to a few studies, the average player base is 16-30.

    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    I'm curious as to what is going on with WoW in China. They have MoP out there already right?
    Quality free to play MMO's over there are pulling customers away. Also, the fact that WoW is 9 years old has some factor in things.

  19. #579
    Epic! OneSent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Forest
    Posts
    1,628
    I would also agree greatly with Notos. The theme was definitely a huge turn-off for me.

    The content has been great and coming in at a really good pace (I've yet to truly be bored this xpac) but the whole asian/panda theme just never really felt "Warcraft" to me. I didn't like the idea when it was first announced but thought it might grow on me, but it hasn't.

    As much as the amount of content in this xpac has been good, I can't wait to put Pandaria behind us for good. It's just too bad the Pandas are here to stay!

  20. #580
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kadath, Cold Wastes
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    One does not simply play same game for 20 years.
    You obviously don't know any Pathfinder players, do you.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •