Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm sure it's been said tons of times already, but anyway -
    I've been raiding since Classic AQ40 days. Recently, there's 3 things that've led me more towards quitting than any other

1) Dead servers + Paid character transfer. If there's anything that'll stop you from doing raids its being on a server with only 10 people online in major cities at a time. You'll never recruit and you'll never be able to PUG that last spot. And if you can't do this you're not making progress. If you're not making progress due to this, why pay a sub?
    This isn't just invidual players that'll leave over this - it's more like people in their hundreds deserting a sinking ship. Bliz needs to fix this as first priority - I know several who've left WoW over this and won't be coming back as their mains are on a dead server.

2) Difficulty increase / badly balanced bosses. I can't be the only one to have noticed that even early bosses are now harder than heroic mode stuff used to be. 3 Drakes at Sarth was easier than Tortos normal for crying out loud. TBC raiding was the sweet spot, as was Uld normal, and ICC. The ONLY properly tuned bosses in current content are the first boss and the world boss! Now, i'm all for bosses gradually getting harder, but there's no fun Kara / ZA / Naxx style raid that you can have fun with guildies and gear up in anymore. This was one of the major failings of Cata too.

3) LFR / daily / VP grind. This is the other end of the difficulty scale. Boring and tedious, LFR simply takes too long, and feels mandatory (for the first few weeks anyway). Same with the daily quest grinds. Same with Valor. All of these give too high rewards in comparison with normal mode raids (especially normal ToES compared with TOT LFR!). Valor in particular should NOT give normal-mode quality loot.

Doesn't surprise me,so much unbalance,no fun..they will loose more,game wil end or free2play

lol people are funny china players dont even play with me at all what a joke if trolls think that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykotiq View Post
    Is anyone really surprised about this? A company can only treat customers poorly for so long before they decide not to be customers anymore. Yes they still have a huge sub base but it will continue to shrink and shrink until the game just goes away, at least the game as we know it. They are continuing to build a game for the developers and not for the gamers. People like Ghost Crawler are regularly dismissive of players and player concerns. The attitude seems to be one of "you don't know what you want, WE know what you want." Which is simply the wrong approach in this case. If they ever decide to get serious about fixing the subscription situation then maybe they should contact some of us and get real input from real people. Just my 2 cents.
    Save your two cents and absorb information instead of making it up.

Blizzard developers are the most active and responsive of any game. Go look at other forums. Every day GC and other developers inundate twitter and the like with responses. I mean, Jesus, look at this website itself and how much response the community gets. And how are they making a game for developers? What are you even saying.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 01:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by palladiamors View Post
    No actually, the existing players are still playing so they haven't lost those subs. They need to focus on what they did WRONG and work on fixing it, both to bring back former players and make existing ones happy. If Pandaria is any indication after Cata they won't do that though, they'll change things in an even more radical direction then wonder why they are bleeding like a stuck pig.

People bandying about "They still have 8.3 million players!" really need to stop acting like losing 1.3 million subs isn't a big deal. That is a MASSIVE number of people to stop playing a game in a four month time span, and outstrips all of Pandarias gains in a single quarter. That is terrible, and if that rate of loss continues for ANY length of time then the game'd be dead in under two years. It won't, mind you, you have a core of WoW players who'll play until the lights go out, but the losses from Cataclysm coupled with the losses and lack of overall gains from Pandaria are staggering. Yes, 8.3 still puts them comfortably on top of the pile, but that pile is currently sinking into a pool of lava.
    It's really not though. Also, have you even played MOP? There is more content and more centering around exploration and bringing area community back then ever before. Umm, world bosses, dailies giving bonuses after exalted, rare spawns with toys, stone boss summoning, brawlers guild, pet battles, challenge modes (because getting a small group together is needed for gold), no flying mounts in new zones... The list goes on. And this is just some NEW stuff bringing realms together and encouraging environmental activity and grouping.

And 1.8 subs from the east is not that large of a gauge considering it is from a player base known to fluctuate, responsible for a majority of illegal sales, bot farmers,Multi boxers and NORMAL for this stage of the XP. When Blizzcon comes (which sold out in minutes) and new stuff is broadcasted people will come back and HISTORY will repeat itself. Not to mention the 2 top games for PC which are competing with WoW are OWNED by Blizzard also (SC2 new xp out and Diablo). Not to mention they stated they are developing new ideas to being players back and blue posts suggest it will be more rewarding for current players too unlike SoR. And remember how much SoR brought back? And that was during a time where no content was being released for 6 MONTHS.

Haters really need to just accept that the game will simply never die.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 01:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lasica View Post
    I quit playing earlier this year but will weigh in with the reasons why I quit.

1) Daily quest grind. Totally unnecessary and seemed specifically designed to make players waste as much time as possible doing daily quests to unlock necessary enchants and gear etc. As someone with a limited amount of time to play (2 hours a day normally), I found almost all my time was spend doing daily quests and I didn't have time to do pet battles, level alts, etc. Rep grinds for mounts and vanity items I can understand, but slow gated rep grinds for enchants and so forth are wrong.

2) LFR. I used a raid a lot back in BC - Cata and I think LFR and killed off a lot of the interest I had for the raiding part of the game, and this wasn't helped by my guild being unable to get enough people together to run normal mode raids. I'm not not really interested in doing a dumbed down raid for sacks of gold every week. It was better when there was actual gear dropping and you could see it and roll on it, even if you didn't win it you actually had some excitement from killing a boss.

3) Putting fight club invitations on the black market AH so only those with enough gold could do that content. If they can't make content everyone can enjoy then it's wasted content.

4) General apathy about the setting and story. Pandas just didn't cut it for me.
    1.) if you are playing the game casually, why do you care about min/max enchants? Those enchants we're made for players pushing normal and heroic mode content and need to squeeze maximum potential. Not for players in dungeon gear for LFR. The rest are all vanity.

2.) so you want gear just for showing up? Your guild couldn't get normal modes together so you quit because of LFR (which is a new implementation) didnt trick you into thinking more stuff dropped? You're lucky there IS a way for casuals to see raid content. And the bad RNG is being fixed next patch....

3.) Why do you feel there should be nothing rare in the game? If there is no reward system and things more difficult to get an others, then what is the purpose of an MMO? Also, if you couldn't afford it, why don't you go socialize and try to get an invite from someone with a higher brawler rank... You know, socialize in the game... It is a SOCIAL genre.

4.) you obviously have never picked up a book or actually learned the story. I have read several books and some are even NYT best sellers. The lore and story is amazing. Stop regurgitating something you heard a troll say in trade chat.

It looks to me like you quit because you wanted to hardly play and have everything the game offered. Be spoon fed content instead of earning it and quickly got discouraged with a short tolerance for progression and learning.

I don't think and MMO is for you.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 01:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    I actually think WoW is pretty fun right now. I mean, I don't play it, but I subbed for a month to see all of Throne of Thunder then unsubbed as soon as I was done with it.

The problem is the theme of the expansion. It just doesn't appeal to the MMO/Fantasy nerd demographic. I used to work retail and every time I tried to suggestive sell a MoP pre-order, I was dismissed with a statement along the lines of, "not interested in Pandaren/pandas/kungfu pandas." It really does make that much of a difference, IMO. If WoW wants to attract customers, the next expansion needs to appeal to the general RPG fanbase. Demons, monsters, terrifying villains, etc.. Better yet, make it appeal to Warcraft fans and utilize characters fans are familiar with.
    This I actually agree with. When I first heard of MOP, I was meh about Pandas. But after picking it up, I think they are cool, engaging and I can't wait until the old races are at the quality Pandas were delivered. But it think its time to get off the joking type content and move back to burning legion and badass villains like Illidan and LK. Once I the room, the game is great, but on the surface it looks iffy.

Although ToT and the Jarasic Park theme is awesome and Garrosh is a pretty power hungry villain. I ink they recognized they need to get back to dark story lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaba View Post
    Snipo
    Nailed it for me, completely the reason I am not renewing my sub, although for me wrath was the sweet spot in raid terms, TBC was great for the balance of the raids but the progression meant I never got to do the likes of sunwell as I started raiding late in.

I used to think LFR was not a bad addition, but after my last week I just couldn't face it again.

Quote Originally Posted by mimee View Post
    Of course they are losing subs..

1 hour long queues for LFR.
    1 hour wasted killing bosses and all you get is bag of gold. *rinse - repeat next week same results*
    Everything having a horrible drop rate... SPecially mounts.

And to fix the subs.. Maybe create Vanilla/BC servers? That would bring people back.
    So funny you mention bringing back vanilla servers will help the game considering vanilla and BC didn't even have the foundation to create the things you state causing people to quit.

People forget that it took the times you mentioned to run back to the boss in BT......

Quote Originally Posted by Calaba View Post
    2) Difficulty increase / badly balanced bosses. I can't be the only one to have noticed that even early bosses are now harder than heroic mode stuff used to be. 3 Drakes at Sarth was easier than Tortos normal for crying out loud. TBC raiding was the sweet spot, as was Uld normal, and ICC. The ONLY properly tuned bosses in current content are the first boss and the world boss! Now, i'm all for bosses gradually getting harder, but there's no fun Kara / ZA / Naxx style raid that you can have fun with guildies and gear up in anymore. This was one of the major failings of Cata too.
    And yet everyone seems to be complaining about the game getting "too easy".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Me and my friends left when MoP got released.. And we are not Chinese at all... So no Blizzard, you can fool yourself as long as you want, but it's not Chinese players who only leave this game..

Man, one of the shortest MMO articles I've seen and one of the highest reply numbers I can immediately remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Tureni View Post
    Queue the "RARARAAAR WOW IS GNA END SOON" crowd
    Queue the "EVERYTHING IS FINE, MORE 'ACCESSIBILITY' WILL FIX IT. AND IF IT DOESN'T THEN IT'S BECAUSE WOW IS OLD." crowd.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Man, one of the shortest MMO articles I've seen and one of the highest reply numbers I can immediately remember.
    Oh i love reading all these comments with my coffee this morning.!

All i see is that people have so passion for this game. Bad comments, fan comments, long comments, criticism comment, support comments....man all of you point out that the game is not over!!!That you kinda freak out if something is changing in WoW haha.

Yes they lost asian market(wasn't pandaria a bait for asian market?) and some EU/US people. But, don't forget competiotion that went f2play or how is the other phrase called?free 2 something.

It is expected, and no need to mean about it or wish them to loose more...cause guess what , if you read the post they already know they will loose more. That doesn't mean the game is dying, it means there are more games around for people to test,play, enjoy and come back ....for Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    I don't care. I'm still enjoying this game and expansion and will continue to play and enjoy for a long time.
    And more than 1,3 million people do care since they are not having fun anymore. But I guess that is the "minority" so who cares.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 07:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    I actually think WoW is pretty fun right now. I mean, I don't play it, but I subbed for a month to see all of Throne of Thunder then unsubbed as soon as I was done with it.

The problem is the theme of the expansion. It just doesn't appeal to the MMO/Fantasy nerd demographic. I used to work retail and every time I tried to suggestive sell a MoP pre-order, I was dismissed with a statement along the lines of, "not interested in Pandaren/pandas/kungfu pandas." It really does make that much of a difference, IMO. If WoW wants to attract customers, the next expansion needs to appeal to the general RPG fanbase. Demons, monsters, terrifying villains, etc.. Better yet, make it appeal to Warcraft fans and utilize characters fans are familiar with.
    Except sales were fine. The problem is that people quit during the expansion. A lot of people apparently. The only reason I can think of why people leave half way an expansion is because it is boring.

Maybe they could have sold more but I don't think a theme has such a big impact. There are still monsters and demons.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 07:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    lol people are funny china players dont even play with me at all what a joke if trolls think that matters.
    It's a joke if you think it doesn't matter when a game loses 1,3 million subscribers in one quarter. A game that you are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post

Haters really need to just accept that the game will simply never die.

Oh my, I am speechless at posts like this.
    The problem is that this game will die sooner exactly because of players like you. The ones who say "WoW is still clearly the best MMO around", "WoW at Ultra has better graphics than the other MMOs, etc. etc. No matter what.
    No, that's not the case. Scream as much as you want, it doesn't make it true. It's just the MMO you still like and play. And by denying every problem and jumping at the throat of those who raise some legitimate criticism you are exactly contributing to its demise. There's ton of other online games around which offer more content, more frequently and for free. Very often they offer high quality content, not rarely better than WoW's. In EU and US WoW is already ahead other MMOs in terms of player base by a very slight margin. And new big competitors are coming soon. What Blizzard should do is to innovate more, release more content, making it cheaper or possibly eliminating the monthly fee altogheter (which almost nobody pays otherwise in 2013, and it's absurd in any case: in 8 months they have been able to release just 2 content patch, that's almost a theft). The problem is that instead by keeping paying every single month and bashing everyone who pressure Blizzard for the better by saying that the game is perfect and will never die, you are exactly killing this game. Good job.

Blizzard knows very well, as they officially stated, that at the end of the year the game will be played by much less people than today.
    They know it, we know it. Maybe you should open your eyes and wonder and advocate how this game has to CHANGE if you want it to be successful. Otherwise they will just cash cow it until it's not profitable anymore, and goodbye.

As a matter of fact, screaming that it's perfect and it will never die doesn't make it true. Because it isn't. That's how life goes, pretty much with everything.

as one of the ones who quit, it wasn't "consumed content faster" it was took to fracking long to do anything. it was heirlooms were too damn expensive and it took too long to get lesser and greater runes. it was shitty drop rates even with runes of fate and taking too long to gear up because of gate after gate if my playstyle of choice was to roll alts rather than "mains." i was a casual player and i've quit and come back countless times. but i'm also fairly certain I came back for shorter and shorter periods of time before becoming too frustrated. it was also paying 15 bucks a month and having to deal with shit talking assholes. 5.3 for me is too little too late. while I don't have anything to replace wow with i'm done being sucked back in. fuck the game, i look forward to it's fall from grace.

oh yeah and then there's CRZ...in my mind they wanted to force players to play longer to try and get more money and instead people saw though it or just didn't feel like what they did fro recreation should feel so much like work. i know you people don't care about my opinion most likely and that's fine. that's the same attitude the devs had after all. after leaving reasons why i quit ever time before and only ever sometimes seeing responses to those reasons in game I didn't bother leaving any this time. for ever problem in my mind they fix they create a new one. CRZ being a perfect example.

btw I only came back to find a post about this after seeing the news made headlines on yahoo.

Im happy that I quited at the start of the cata. It hasnt been even a year , even A YEAR since pandaria expension launched and wow has lost more then 2 millions subs. Worst part is they are expecting more drops. They are aware of even they package a mass of crap and label it as blizzard game it sells. D3 was a mini game , wow sucks since TBC. Their only game worth to spend $ is sc2. HOTS was a big upgrade to sc2 experience but i dont buy any other blizzard game because they are rich now and dont work hard as they do. There are lots of competitors too , swtor , gw2. Ive been playing swtor since its launched and im happy

Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    One does not simply play same game for 20 years.
    Explain sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurushockin View Post
    Wow is still strong! Even if it dropped to 4mil, it would still be holding on strong. So not much to say here.
    How do you figure? If it dropped that low realms on the US servers would be deader than they are now, you do realize a good chunk of the subscribers are in the east right? No? Go look at the servers, I played on Blackhand back when it was a medium/high pop server now it's flagged for new players.

What I find absolutely hilarious about this is that casuals weren't engaged but at the same time people still consume content faster than ever and only sub for patches. So not only did they piss off the casuals who payed good money for their game they weren't able to sat the desires of content locusts anyway and give people "something to do" as a way to keep them subbed 12/12 months of the year. Mists is a colossal failure. I said as much but the crow that will have to be eaten now... Enjoy
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Proud to be -1 in that count ^.^

Maybe if they listened to why people like me quit, they would stop trying to assume why numbers are going down. It isn't that were consuming content too quickly. It is that they only change the story, the quests and fights are not really engaging. Tanking in WoW has not changed hardly at all in 6 years.