Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefroz View Post
    Wrath was the ultimate compromise, wrath was when casuals got to play the game, while there was still elitist content. As such wrath was the expac with the best numbers.
    Again it wasn't, just the start, TBC was the best expansion numbers wise, Wrath maintained it well though.

Now jump to panda, we are back to the wrath model on dungeons oh look subscribers jumped up a bit! Wait we are going backwards with grinding because the elitist think that our grind needs to be like BC, oh hello our subs are going down again. Sad to say elitists only take up a small percent the so called casual plays much much more, but as always I've been a fan of compromise, and when blizzard did its compromising the game was the healthiest its ever been. It's not difficult to figure out.
    It's not comparable in any way shape or form though, vanilla and TBC was linear expansions, Wrath and beyond has been segmented, it's two very different designs where my personal preference is the linear that allows for hard to reach goals far off in the distance motivating your game play, segmented leaves you with the feeling of "why bother" especially when coupled with gradual nerfs in an effort to transform difficulty settings into "content"

I guess what I'm trying to say is Neither side is wrong or right, and that just means we should comprimise.
    I don't disagree, there are some major design issues where Blizzard has given at least half the arm though and now they can't take it back. What killed the game most for me was the changes to raids making 10 and 25 share lockout and making them "equal" as it removed lots of content and the nerfs mentioned above that only really benefit players craving insta gratification or free loots.

That and LFD/LFR hate both with every fiber of my being and if I could go back and uninvent them I would in a heartbeat, sadly it's to late now as it's to convenient to take back.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2013-05-11 at 08:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    I think the neglect regarding some classes and speccs has a lot to do with some quitting the game. Players simply get tired of waiting for attention and fixes that should've been done perhaps years ago.
    This does have a lot to do with a lot of players quitting. Take for example Retribution Paladins. Reached their peak in WOTLK, and then just went down hill from there. Websites like www.retpaladin.com are now dead.

I know it's a single spec out of a single class, but as developers you can't neglect any classes specs. Cause for a lot of people, they only play that class and that spec. Otherwise people quit. Can't handle that many classes and specs to balance? Then don't make new classes in the game to balance.

Blizzard Entertainment is legally restricted from doing business in certain countries, including Iran and Syria. As a result, our Battle.net website and games do not permit connection from those countries. If you had a recurring subscription, it has been removed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    goodbye blizzard !

Quote Originally Posted by babak View Post
    Blizzard Entertainment is legally restricted from doing business in certain countries, including Iran and Syria. As a result, our Battle.net website and games do not permit connection from those countries. If you had a recurring subscription, it has been removed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    goodbye blizzard !
    Sad times, that is one thing you can't blame Blizzard for though as they are just following the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
    The cartoonish nature of WoW has always been their aesthetic. I've played both SWTOR and GW2. Their graphics didn't "exceed" MoP in any area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq1aXvXhqMI

Vs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnKetq8aPI4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feQbXKcDsSc
    The guy in the GW2 video is playing on lowest settings.

I know you want to justify why you keep playing WoW, but please don't try to mislead people.

Deleted
    Ok, now ban all the boters and you'll have 5m left. Will never happen right? Greedy Blizzard.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZyngaFail View Post
    The guy in the GW2 video is playing on lowest settings.

I know you want to justify why you keep playing WoW, but please don't try to mislead people.
    No he's right, WoW gives better graphical experience than GW2 does. Smooth, interactive counts to that aswell. Big combats in GW2 lag as hell, not in WoW. GW2 uses like Arial font in everything As unprofessional as most eastern MMO's. And don't let me get started on combat, gameplay, PvP and all that... Even the character customization is actually non-existent compared to many other games.

WoW has a ton more value than GW2 does, but i'm still unsubbed, why?
    - As they say themselves, players consume content too fast. Blizz made it that way themselves by making everything dumb easy. Lower the difficulty - make stupid mistakes not matter - flood the community with skilless players.
    - 13 euro a month is too much.
    - Resilience stat in PvP, why the f--k do they want to distinct PvE and PvP gear? There should only be 1 generalized gear stats. Most people want to enjoy ALL the content, not just 1 aspect of it.
    - Only 2 custom specs screws over all druids, paladins, priests and what else. I don't have dualspec just because of talents and glyphs, it's because it changes my keybindings and actionbars for optimized task aswell. I don't want triple spec, i want a N-spec.

The cartoonish nature of WoW has always been their aesthetic. I've played both SWTOR and GW2. Their graphics didn't "exceed" MoP in any area.

Vs...

I beg to differ.

SWTOR's graphics are awesome when played at 1920X1080 ULTRA and so lifelike, that I sometimes found myself fooled that I was actually inside a real world. Tattoine looks almost real. WoW is very far behind SWTOR in graphics as it should be expected, because WoW's engine is now almost 10 years old.

Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    Consider another -1 subscriber next quarter. Bored again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    The first paragraph was for you. The rest, I was speaking generally in the thread. However, I can see where it would seem I was addressing you and for that I apologize. I actually agree with most of your points.

Nevertheless, a niche is exactly what you are saying. I took the liberty of looking up the word as you demanded and I urge you to read it.
    a : a place, employment, status, or activity for which a person or thing is best fitted <finally found her niche>

You are asking the game to find a direction and stick with it. Even on a broad scale, like targeting a specific demographic like 'casual players'--that becomes the game's niche. Even using such a broad example, you can see how a game/genre meant to last can force self limitation. When products become too targeted they lose the possibility of gaining customers and players if they broadened their horizons. You also contradict yourself by saying a niche can grow because that is exactly what WoW has done. It started out being a game for MMO fans by bringing together all the things people loved from titles like EQ and Ultima Online and sprinkled a bit of innovation. Now it has become a game almost any gamer can enjoy, not just a MMO fan.
    " a specialized but profitable corner of the market: [ as modifier ] : important new niche markets."

I never said they should target a user base... I said they should have a clear direction in whatever they're doing. I think they should just build a cool game and players will find something to do. Just to prove my point further, I had way more fun as a casual in vanilla than I did in second half of Cata and MoP. Before = they were just building amazing games. Now = they're trying to cater to everyone. Before = I had more fun, both as a casual and as a hardcore raider. Now = I don't have as much fun as either.

10+ Year Old Account

Vs...

Why do you guys keep hammering this point? There is no shame in the game being 8 years old and having "ok", but not spectacular graphics? Those videos are very misleading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2XcrWTHguI

There - check that out for a more fair comparison - also, please note that there is video compression on, so the games actually all look a little better.

You still wasted points with the old system no matter how you look at it. If I'm a pve player with no intention on doing any pvp out of something like Black Prince quests (which was for only one quest in the line), Why waste a point on a skill/talent that's terrible for both pvp & pve because it lead to a skill I need for pve, whereas I have more utilities with the new system (again, the new system needs a lot of work)!? It's stupid when the minor choices don't help you (the new system is guilty of this too). The trap proc/rooting proc when trapped were garbage for Hunters because they never worked when needed (not the one that triggered black arrow. I'm talking way back with pre-Wrath), and made me wish I could use the points on better stuff.

I agree you should have more options, but for the love of god, make those options worth a damn if I need to spend 3 points on a skill just to get my bread and butter talents/skill. To jump out of Wow, Look at Arcanum: over 100 stats/abilities to chose from, but only 3 of them would help you beat the game (87 of those skills were broken due to Troika's half-baked programming, and 10 were too useless like beauty). Let's also look at Diablo 2: It's stupid to waste a point on the Werewolf form if I'm going to be a Werebear.

The main problem is that it has too many non-challenging contents.
    LFR, dailies, easy 5man heroic, scenarios, camp rare, pet battle, farmer

Besides raid, the only challenging content is Brawler's Guild which has 000000000 reward.
    At least give us some charms or valor.

Quote Originally Posted by Orkwuzhere View Post
    You still wasted points with the old system no matter how you look at it. If I'm a pve player with no intention on doing any pvp out of something like Black Prince quests (which was for only one quest in the line), Why waste a point on a skill/talent that's terrible for both pvp & pve because it lead to a skill I need for pve, whereas I have more utilities with the new system (again, the new system needs a lot of work)!? It's stupid when the minor choices don't help you (the new system is guilty of this too). The trap proc/rooting proc when trapped were garbage for Hunters because they never worked when needed (not the one that triggered black arrow. I'm talking way back with pre-Wrath), and made me wish I could use the points on better stuff.

I agree you should have more options, but for the love of god, make those options worth a damn if I need to spend 3 points on a skill just to get my bread and butter talents/skill. To jump out of Wow, Look at Arcanum: over 100 stats/abilities to chose from, but only 3 of them would help you beat the game (87 of those skills were broken due to Troika's half-baked programming, and 10 were too useless like beauty). Let's also look at Diablo 2: It's stupid to waste a point on the Werewolf form if I'm going to be a Werebear.
    Again, Path of Exile's version is the better model, and even then you have pathway points that only gives stats, it's the nature of a talent system to have them as not every point can be of greater significance as it wouldn't be a tree anymore.

Either way, the point was more that Blizzard went int he wrong direction with their new system that was supposed to be more about "choice", it has less choices and is just as cookie cutter as any other system they had, you simply don't fight cookie cutter with less depth and choice, you add more depth and choice to the point where there are multiple versions of "best" that comes down to preference.

Too much of a grind to be fun for me. Dailys, the mogu coins, thunderforged items, all discourage people.

One thing that would make me happier with WoW is to consolidate servers or something like that. The servers I've always played on are just dead... 16 people in SW, I don't even know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I beg to differ.

SWTOR's graphics are awesome when played at 1920X1080 ULTRA and so lifelike, that I sometimes found myself fooled that I was actually inside a real world. Tattoine looks almost real. WoW is very far behind SWTOR in graphics as it should be expected, because WoW's engine is now almost 10 years old.

This has been addressed numerous times in the past. Pushing a graphics engine does NOT equal good graphics. SWTOR screen shots may look prettier, but because of the clunky engine, choppy/laggy combat and poor moving integration--it makes it feel and look far worse when in-game than WoW - MOP. Also, keep in mind MOP is still mixing some old content. If you take MOP and only MOP's content--it is not behind when including all the factors I mentioned.

There is simply no combat as fluid as WoW's. If you say that this isn't a part of the graphics, then I would seriously rethink your opinion.

This is coming strictly from the pvp/arena fan base. This has been the worst expansion yet for pvp, the lack of balance is simply amusing and questionable. Blizzard has become very slow to react to overpowered and unbalanced game content. This season I had hopes of it being significantly better than the 1 shotting kfc season of last but its actually worse. The amount of instant unstoppable CC is just stupid. Its really fun to be completely cc'd as a healer for 20-30 seconds straight then once the diminishing returns reset (20ish seconds later) you sit the same amount of cc its stupid and not fun at all. There are so many skill-less comps and classes atm that my personal belief is that a lot of the players that have stuck by with blizzard through bad seasons in the past have just decided to give up on it. There are many F2P games out right now that are much more appealing.

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 11:52 AM ----------

This is coming strictly from the pvp/arena fan base. This has been the worst expansion yet for pvp, the lack of balance is simply amusing and questionable. Blizzard has become very slow to react to overpowered and unbalanced game content. This season I had hopes of it being significantly better than the 1 shotting kfc season of last but its actually worse. The amount of instant unstoppable CC is just stupid. Its really fun to be completely cc'd as a healer for 20-30 seconds straight then once the diminishing returns reset (20ish seconds later) you sit the same amount of cc its stupid and not fun at all. Lets also not forget the opposite end of the spectrum where you get 1shot by thug cleave (rogue hunter) in the first 10 seconds if you dont trinket the absolute correct thing. There are so many skill-less comps and classes atm that my personal belief is that a lot of the players that have stuck by with blizzard through bad seasons in the past have just decided to give up on it. There are many F2P games out right now that are much more appealing.

Yeah, those SWTOR pics look great graphics wise.

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 06:33 PM ----------

Wow could use some serious updating to compete with those

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spoon77 View Post
    10/14/2008 is the day achievements went live (patch 3.0) and the earliest possible date for any achievement. You could have killed Gruul a year before that and it would still show as 10/14/2008. Also remember that you only got the achievement if you had loot that recognised the kill. If you cleared Kara 50+ times but vendored all the gear because you were running Sunwell, and you never cleared Kara again, you would not have the achievement for you. They tell pretty much nothing about what people did before 3.0.
    ´

Thank you for correcting me forgot about that was so long ago. Still he has low Rep with MH/BT to have raided it with that character .

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 07:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    And what logic/evidence do you have to support that? Just because WoW is that way currently? Did you not read my post... the entire dev team was moved from WoW to titan... meaning what ever game you fell in love with during vanilla/TBC... those same creators are on Titan, attempting to make it just as good as WoW was in its prime or even better.
    Wild-Star looks awesome and I know some of the developers from Vanilla and The Burning Crusade are the ones behind it, Could it but Wild-Star is Titan project in camouflage?