Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ...
36
44
45
46
  1. #901
    You still wasted points with the old system no matter how you look at it. If I'm a pve player with no intention on doing any pvp out of something like Black Prince quests (which was for only one quest in the line), Why waste a point on a skill/talent that's terrible for both pvp & pve because it lead to a skill I need for pve, whereas I have more utilities with the new system (again, the new system needs a lot of work)!? It's stupid when the minor choices don't help you (the new system is guilty of this too). The trap proc/rooting proc when trapped were garbage for Hunters because they never worked when needed (not the one that triggered black arrow. I'm talking way back with pre-Wrath), and made me wish I could use the points on better stuff.

    I agree you should have more options, but for the love of god, make those options worth a damn if I need to spend 3 points on a skill just to get my bread and butter talents/skill. To jump out of Wow, Look at Arcanum: over 100 stats/abilities to chose from, but only 3 of them would help you beat the game (87 of those skills were broken due to Troika's half-baked programming, and 10 were too useless like beauty). Let's also look at Diablo 2: It's stupid to waste a point on the Werewolf form if I'm going to be a Werebear.

  2. #902
    The main problem is that it has too many non-challenging contents.
    LFR, dailies, easy 5man heroic, scenarios, camp rare, pet battle, farmer

    Besides raid, the only challenging content is Brawler's Guild which has 000000000 reward.
    At least give us some charms or valor.

  3. #903
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkwuzhere View Post
    You still wasted points with the old system no matter how you look at it. If I'm a pve player with no intention on doing any pvp out of something like Black Prince quests (which was for only one quest in the line), Why waste a point on a skill/talent that's terrible for both pvp & pve because it lead to a skill I need for pve, whereas I have more utilities with the new system (again, the new system needs a lot of work)!? It's stupid when the minor choices don't help you (the new system is guilty of this too). The trap proc/rooting proc when trapped were garbage for Hunters because they never worked when needed (not the one that triggered black arrow. I'm talking way back with pre-Wrath), and made me wish I could use the points on better stuff.

    I agree you should have more options, but for the love of god, make those options worth a damn if I need to spend 3 points on a skill just to get my bread and butter talents/skill. To jump out of Wow, Look at Arcanum: over 100 stats/abilities to chose from, but only 3 of them would help you beat the game (87 of those skills were broken due to Troika's half-baked programming, and 10 were too useless like beauty). Let's also look at Diablo 2: It's stupid to waste a point on the Werewolf form if I'm going to be a Werebear.
    Again, Path of Exile's version is the better model, and even then you have pathway points that only gives stats, it's the nature of a talent system to have them as not every point can be of greater significance as it wouldn't be a tree anymore.

    Either way, the point was more that Blizzard went int he wrong direction with their new system that was supposed to be more about "choice", it has less choices and is just as cookie cutter as any other system they had, you simply don't fight cookie cutter with less depth and choice, you add more depth and choice to the point where there are multiple versions of "best" that comes down to preference.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  4. #904
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Banned because I'm Badass!
    Posts
    2,608
    Too much of a grind to be fun for me. Dailys, the mogu coins, thunderforged items, all discourage people.

  5. #905
    One thing that would make me happier with WoW is to consolidate servers or something like that. The servers I've always played on are just dead... 16 people in SW, I don't even know.

  6. #906
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I beg to differ.

    SWTOR's graphics are awesome when played at 1920X1080 ULTRA and so lifelike, that I sometimes found myself fooled that I was actually inside a real world. Tattoine looks almost real. WoW is very far behind SWTOR in graphics as it should be expected, because WoW's engine is now almost 10 years old.





    This has been addressed numerous times in the past. Pushing a graphics engine does NOT equal good graphics. SWTOR screen shots may look prettier, but because of the clunky engine, choppy/laggy combat and poor moving integration--it makes it feel and look far worse when in-game than WoW - MOP. Also, keep in mind MOP is still mixing some old content. If you take MOP and only MOP's content--it is not behind when including all the factors I mentioned.

    There is simply no combat as fluid as WoW's. If you say that this isn't a part of the graphics, then I would seriously rethink your opinion.

  7. #907
    This is coming strictly from the pvp/arena fan base. This has been the worst expansion yet for pvp, the lack of balance is simply amusing and questionable. Blizzard has become very slow to react to overpowered and unbalanced game content. This season I had hopes of it being significantly better than the 1 shotting kfc season of last but its actually worse. The amount of instant unstoppable CC is just stupid. Its really fun to be completely cc'd as a healer for 20-30 seconds straight then once the diminishing returns reset (20ish seconds later) you sit the same amount of cc its stupid and not fun at all. There are so many skill-less comps and classes atm that my personal belief is that a lot of the players that have stuck by with blizzard through bad seasons in the past have just decided to give up on it. There are many F2P games out right now that are much more appealing.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 11:52 AM ----------

    This is coming strictly from the pvp/arena fan base. This has been the worst expansion yet for pvp, the lack of balance is simply amusing and questionable. Blizzard has become very slow to react to overpowered and unbalanced game content. This season I had hopes of it being significantly better than the 1 shotting kfc season of last but its actually worse. The amount of instant unstoppable CC is just stupid. Its really fun to be completely cc'd as a healer for 20-30 seconds straight then once the diminishing returns reset (20ish seconds later) you sit the same amount of cc its stupid and not fun at all. Lets also not forget the opposite end of the spectrum where you get 1shot by thug cleave (rogue hunter) in the first 10 seconds if you dont trinket the absolute correct thing. There are so many skill-less comps and classes atm that my personal belief is that a lot of the players that have stuck by with blizzard through bad seasons in the past have just decided to give up on it. There are many F2P games out right now that are much more appealing.

  8. #908
    Yeah, those SWTOR pics look great graphics wise.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 06:33 PM ----------

    Wow could use some serious updating to compete with those

  9. #909
    Quote Originally Posted by spoon77 View Post
    10/14/2008 is the day achievements went live (patch 3.0) and the earliest possible date for any achievement. You could have killed Gruul a year before that and it would still show as 10/14/2008. Also remember that you only got the achievement if you had loot that recognised the kill. If you cleared Kara 50+ times but vendored all the gear because you were running Sunwell, and you never cleared Kara again, you would not have the achievement for you. They tell pretty much nothing about what people did before 3.0.
    ´

    Thank you for correcting me forgot about that was so long ago. Still he has low Rep with MH/BT to have raided it with that character .

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 07:45 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    And what logic/evidence do you have to support that? Just because WoW is that way currently? Did you not read my post... the entire dev team was moved from WoW to titan... meaning what ever game you fell in love with during vanilla/TBC... those same creators are on Titan, attempting to make it just as good as WoW was in its prime or even better.
    Wild-Star looks awesome and I know some of the developers from Vanilla and The Burning Crusade are the ones behind it, Could it but Wild-Star is Titan project in camouflage?
    Bad - This is a bad player, he refuses to learn how to play correctly.
    Casual - This is a player that will let everything else take priority over wow.
    Hardcore - This is a player that is fine with putting things on hold while he's on wow.
    Bad/Good - Measure of Skill.
    Casual/Hardcore - Measure of Time

  10. #910
    Did they ever break down how many of those lost subs came from China and how many came from the west? I doubt it, but it seems like those numbers would tell us more than how many they lost overall.

    And I hate the dailies and the gear structure, but I'm still thoroughly enjoying the other stuff. They just have to tweak that formula some, which they appear to want to do in 6.0. Nothing to see here, really.

  11. #911
    I feel like wow could save them selves by adding in servers per expansion like re-releasing vanilla or burning crusade back when everyone was happy. I know i will be shunned for this but for example look at runescape. It was getting bad then they released the oldschool runescape. Things were turning around brought back almost 200k people! and not to mention about 500k people voted on this product even to get released! Before you bash this really sit and think about how fun it would be to spend 900g once again on an epic mount at level 60! :] (also that epic grind to get into nax to fun!)

  12. #912

    There are none so deaf as those who will not listen.

    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I knew it... I'm sorry to those who wanted to see the numbers go up or wanted something better, but all those arguments I made about WoW being nothing like it used to be and people quitting because they're sick of what WoW has become... Wow it really does feel good to be right, i never doubted myself, but damn I was right.


    Totally agree with crackerjack. Up til WotLK, things were pretty well fine - after that, it began turning into a fetid pile of dung.

    The few original players (from the day WoW went online) who still semi-remain in the game, are still voicing the same valid criticisms - and Blizz/Activision still aren't listening - so the hemorrhaging of subs continues.

    Can't help but feel that the worst move Blizz ever made was letting Activision (Lacktivision?) into their business affairs - things seemed to go downhill from that point on, really.
    I used to be snow white, but I drifted...

  13. #913
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuesday View Post

    Totally agree with crackerjack. Up til WotLK, things were pretty well fine - after that, it began turning into a fetid pile of dung.

    The few original players (from the day WoW went online) who still semi-remain in the game, are still voicing the same valid criticisms - and Blizz/Activision still aren't listening - so the hemorrhaging of subs continues.

    Can't help but feel that the worst move Blizz ever made was letting Activision (Lacktivision?) into their business affairs - things seemed to go downhill from that point on, really.
    You necroed a 2-month old post just to demonstrate that you have no clue about VG market? Wow.

    BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •