Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Worst DPS you've seen from a DPS spec in MoP?

I'm kind of a person who hates seeing people do REALLY low DPS. I'm not talking about players that do 30-40K DPS in LFR, At this point i think that's appropriate given the audience that does LFR, and usually there are people who can make up for those. LFR is not that tightly tuned anyway.

I'm talking about the players that are really horrible. I once encountered a fire mage in a Temple of the Jade Serpent hc PuG who was doing 2.5K DPS. No, seriously, he was really doing 2.5K DPS. he had no gems, reforges or enchants, didn't use his level 75 or 90 talents and completely botched up his rotation. he used inferno blast on CD, didn't use combustion, stuff like that. I actually felt so bad for him, I gave him my realID (battletag didn't work for some reason) and spent the next 2 hours after the instance tutoring him on his server, explaining what talents to take, what to use when, reforging and enchanting, and finally doing Arena scenario with him so he could get a better weapon. the result was that his DPS went from 3K DPS to 20K DPS, which I was happy about.

but that was the worst DPS i've ever seen. that DPS would have been great 3 expansions ago, and acceptable 2 expansions ago. but in current content, it's just sad. 20K DPS is still somewhat low, but at least it's not so bad that the instance gets harder because of it.

what was your worst DPS you've seen in MoP?

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like you spent several hours with some guy who was just afking through lfr, which people sometimes do. Pretty sure the jokes on you. Even without talents, gems, enchants... someone in LFR would do a lot more than 2.5k dps. Sounds like trolling.

The worst dps I've seen is 0. They were afk on follow, but nobody booted them. So, I guess, they win?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    It sounds like you spent several hours with some guy who was just afking through lfr, which people sometimes do. Pretty sure the jokes on you. Even without talents, gems, enchants... someone in LFR would do a lot more than 2.5k dps. Sounds like trolling.

The worst dps I've seen is 0. They were afk on follow, but nobody booted them. So, I guess, they win?
    it wasn't LFR. it was a 5 man heroic. and he was playing his spec completely wrong. On Sha of Doubt, he did 5K DPS under bloodlust. he wasn't using his mage bomb, he wasn't using invocation even though he was specced for it, he didn't use combustion,... he basically just spammed fireball with inferno blast on CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spamming fireball ought to do more dps than that. Sounds like he was just lazy, and not necessarily bad.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Just go in any LFR raid and see the worst DPS in mop

Seeing sub10k dps almost everytime Im running HC that isn't 5/5 guildies.

Ppl get rewarded for playing like shit, with systems like this it will never improve.
    I can imagine that someone that someone actually are playing and manage to do crap like this.
    Just pressing any button when GCD is over will give u more dps than some iv seen do.

Well, I did 4k dps yesterday autoattacking through LFR with my guardian specced druid as cat. Does that count?

Seen so many examples over the year's, mostly inn WOTLK, when I was still doing alot off 5 mans

People just don't care, that is the core issue. Witch is wierd to me, cause when I play a game that I spend quit abit off time with I'll always try to atleast be abit good, and have some understanding off mechanics. But that aint what most wow players do, aka casual and I dont care generation.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as an aside: DPS doesn't really matter so long as you're killing bosses and clearing content.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

The worst DPS Ive seen from someone who was trying was a boomkin (My main is one) who was doing ~30k on Horridon. I asked him why his DPS was so low and he said he was very new and had just hit the 480 ilvl to get in here. I spent a few hours with him via RealID and helped him out. He didnt know how the DoTs really worked, didnt know how important some talents were... so on. By the time we were finished talking, he could sustain about 80k on the dummy and was really happy with his choice of spec.

The best way to handle bad players is to find out if they want help, and if so, deliver help to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    The worst DPS Ive seen from someone who was trying was a boomkin (My main is one) who was doing ~30k on Horridon. I asked him why his DPS was so low and he said he was very new and had just hit the 480 ilvl to get in here. I spent a few hours with him via RealID and helped him out. He didnt know how the DoTs really worked, didnt know how important some talents were... so on. By the time we were finished talking, he could sustain about 80k on the dummy and was really happy with his choice of spec.

The best way to handle bad players is to find out if they want help, and if so, deliver help to them.
    Great! Now I know I'm not the only one who does this. I wish more people did this. I remember something on the Korean realms about a random player that was almost pushed out of the community and, with 1 forum thread explaining himself, got a major influx in helpfulness and niceties started.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post

Tried this over the years aswell. Some people just don't give a fuck, and find it rude trough. Witch is odd to me, since for me being just slight good at wow is as simple as opening this site, and going into a sticky and reading abit. This very site has atleast helped me be better at wow plenty off times.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Tried this over the years aswell. Some people just don't give a fuck, and find it rude trough. Witch is odd to me, since for me being just slight good at wow is as simple as opening this site, and going into a sticky and reading abit. This very site has atleast helped me be better at wow plenty off times.
    Its true, some people dont care / dont give a fuck. But those are the people who you vote kick for not giving a fuck. They are the people that the game will be better without once they have been told enough times to leave groups. The people who dont care about their characters and dont want to learn tend to not stay around too long and eventually are pushed out of the game by their own stubbornness.

But when you do find someone who is willing to even take the advice of "This is a really good SPEC/CLASS guide. You should check it out." then your kindness to that person keeps them playing. Being nice to people, in random groups especially, will keep them interested in the game.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post
    Great! Now I know I'm not the only one who does this. I wish more people did this. I remember something on the Korean realms about a random player that was almost pushed out of the community and, with 1 forum thread explaining himself, got a major influx in helpfulness and niceties started.
    its nice in theory, but the number of times i have tried to help people that dont have a clue only to get yelled at, sworn at, told to stop being elitest etc has made me give up. now i just ignore those doing terrible dps, dont call them out on it unless we are wiping to something because of it (and, as im sure most mmp-champ posters find, with me in a 5-man that doesnt tend to be a problem).

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people just don't give a fuck, and find it rude trough.
    Had a mage in my guild that did half my DPS on every fight. I'm a DW Blood DK tank.

When help was offered she refused and said: "I've got very little time to spend enjoying myself, I don't want to do it reading spreadsheets and being told what to do by others."

Which I think is fair enough.

Which is odd to me, since for me being just slighty good at wow is as simple as opening this site, and going into a sticky and reading a bit.
    Some people don't want to be good. They just want to have fun pressing buttons.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post
    it wasn't LFR. it was a 5 man heroic. and he was playing his spec completely wrong. On Sha of Doubt, he did 5K DPS under bloodlust. he wasn't using his mage bomb, he wasn't using invocation even though he was specced for it, he didn't use combustion,... he basically just spammed fireball with inferno blast on CD.
    On my 450 i level mage alt I can spam fireball and nothing else and do about 20k-30k dps. I know this because when I first specced fire I went to the dummies to see how often I get a hot streak proc, and it wasn't often :P . Enchants, gems, reforges, etc actually attribute VERY little to your overall dps. Especially if you don't utilize the whole of your abilities (example: If he isn't using Pyro and Combustion, then crit and mastery will do very little for him other than the ignite dot :P ). So yeah, I agree with the above. It sounds like this guy was being lazy and couldn't give a shit but decided to drag you along anyway. Just out of interest, what addon did you use to measure his dps? Recount or Skada? Would explain the low dps if you used Skada...

I do agree with you though that it's nice to try to help others. Unfortunately, whenever I try to help or offer advice one of two things happens:

- The player replies with "lol wateva fuk of I don't need halp from u noob"
    or
    - The person replies with "I don't give a fuk jus leave me alone"

Because most players who do low dps or afk, are either aware of what they're doing and just intentionally getting carried or they don't want help from anyone because they are too proud to accept help or think you're trolling them and that their dps is fine (the latter is usually people who are new and don't have recount installed and wouldn't know what dps even is).

Kudos to you for trying to help though.
    Last edited by mmocc2eb32b347; 2013-05-07 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Had a mage in my guild that did half my DPS on every fight. I'm a DW Blood DK tank.

When help was offered she refused and said: "I've got very little time to spend enjoying myself, I don't want to do it reading spreadsheets and being told what to do by others."

Which I think is fair enough.

Some people don't want to be good. They just want to have fun pressing buttons.
    Very true. Thoes players for sure exsist

10k frost mage, with hero and 10% buff (another person from same guild hence not 15%), 450-ish ilvl (elv ui is nice for that, just mousing over with shift on someone shows me their ilvl ^^) last boss brewery

I understand that hitting 90 kills your dps since all your stats go to shit (which effects some classes more than others, I know I couldn't crit to save my life on a fresh 90 fury warrior (didn't like arms ^^)), but still 10k is low even for that
    Last edited by Enosh; 2013-05-07 at 10:11 AM.

70k destro lock around 517il
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

12k by a lock in "Heroic" Serpent of Jade Temple. Plot twist: he got me kicked because we wiped on Sha fight.