Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm not sure as to why there maybe less healers but it wouldn't surprise me because I feel like it's the most stressful role requiring more skills without much of a reward for doing it. Sure gear is nice but it doesn't feel like it really matters. Also it can be pretty boring depends on the raid setup + boss encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    But, are you picky about classes you'll accept? I see a lot of this but then t hey'll say "Oh no, no resto druids..."
    My guild declined two holy paladins early on since we have a raiding holy paladin, however now we wont. Its just hard to find healers now for some reason.

Definitely noticed it's been tougher to recruit good healers this expansion. Maybe there's a lot more poaching at the top 200 level than I'm really noticing. We've had to decline a lot of really bad healers too =(

Will be interesting to see if the healer cooldown changes make healers more interested in 25ms, probably not, but who knows. Or if that reduces the number of healers required to raid 25ms.

My guilds a 10 man. So even if it means needing less for 25 I dont see it effecting it much from our stand point.

As few people says - they are refusing many what they call "bad healers" - they may be bad for the top 200-500 but they would do just amazing probably in top 3-6k (not saying about 10-15k range too ><) range - standards have gone up higher over the years too.

I think the main reason you see this is that over the years less and less people have rolled a healing class. I know in my guild I think only person has a healing alt everything else is dps/tank. So when a healer is tired of healing and want to swap to a dps there is nobody that can replace them. Since they can't get a replacement they just quit. I know when I retired my healer I haven't played it since.

You can only heal for so long before you just go tired of it. DPS/Tanking is 100x easier than healing on any of these current fights. I think they are just burnt out of almost all the burden being on them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heratix View Post
    Exactly this, healing isn't as fun anymore as it used to be. Although I'm still playing and have a healing mainspec on my priest after all these years, i'm starting to lean more towards my shadow spec, as its currently way more fun to play.

I somewhat also stopped playing my other healing alts.
    Well I deleted my shadow spec at the beginning of MoP, and it's been my main since early wotlk.
    Now I am full PVE healing (disco/holy based on the fight) and having a lot of fun, while I feel shadow sucks now compared to the past. Still playing my lock and warrior alts as DPS and having fun.
    I think the healer role is just less life changing for the raiding experience: a lot of utilities come from tanks and dps and it's really hard to die due to lack of heals (at least on normal raids), but on 10mens you can still make the difference as a healer.
    Last edited by mmoc65ba707d63; 2013-05-09 at 10:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing still keeping me intrested in my healer is the prospect of solo healing some encounters later on. Fights like Council can already be almost solo healed, atleast on normal. So with a little more gear, I might be able to talk my guild into letting me solo heal it for lulz and great rankings. Besides raiding, I don't play my healer at all. It just gets to sit there, logged out in Shrine for 21-24 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    The only thing still keeping me intrested in my healer is the prospect of solo healing some encounters later on. Fights like Council can already be almost solo healed, atleast on normal. So with a little more gear, I might be able to talk my guild into letting me solo heal it for lulz and great rankings. Besides raiding, I don't play my healer at all. It just gets to sit there, logged out in Shrine for 21-24 hours a day.
    Every fight can be 1 healed on normal, except maybe Maegara

I find it fun to solo heal fights that normally require 2-3 healers.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    But, are you picky about classes you'll accept? I see a lot of this but then t hey'll say "Oh no, no resto druids..."
    Not particularly. We just don't get a lot of applicants as a 1/13hm guild. We've had four or five applicants since t12 started, three of which have been trialed. One trial disappeared (a resto druid ironically), the other is still with us, and the other starts next week. In the meantime we've had three of our core healers have to leave for personal reasons, so it's all been a wash. -.-

I was doing quite well healing in PVP on my druid, mana issues here and there, but relearning how to heal on a druid now that they want us to be a bit more of a turret.

Deleted
    I haven't noticed any such thing. Healing is the role I most enjoy right now and I don't see much issue with it now.

Perhaps since tanks got a bit of attention this xpac some people might have respeced to that, but I doubt its such an issue. Trying to find good healers has always been one of the main concerns in any MMO since the dawn of time, I don't see how this is any different today.

Deleted
    i play 2 healers. the main being my disc priest & my alt being a resto shammy. i now spend most of my time on my priest & then try & get vp capped on my shammy. both are currently sitting on 507 ilvl, but im playing catch up a little on the priest. ive always healed (apart from 12 months or so as a enhancement shammy) & will continue to do so.

Last time I had to recruit, we added 2 healers to the three we already had (10 man) and ended up with 2 main healers, two that platoon heals/dps depending on what we want for the fight, and one who went straight dps (enhance shaman). So I'm not seeing any healer shortages.

And it has nothing to do with the fact that I hate healing (Spriest), no matter what my guild says.

Deleted
    In case people are wondering, as a Mistweaver healing is easy this expansion. The hardest role to play in heroic mode raids, now, is DPS by far. The amount of skill you need to pull the maximum possible DPS is beyond recognition. Healing, by comparison, is child's play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    In case people are wondering, as a Mistweaver healing is easy this expansion. The hardest role to play in heroic mode raids, now, is DPS by far. The amount of skill you need to pull the maximum possible DPS is beyond recognition. Healing, by comparison, is child's play.

No it more gear dependent than skill dependent. Some specs are built around getting 1 trinket you will be garbage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    No it more gear dependent than skill dependent. Some specs are built around getting 1 trinket you will be garbage.
    Enhancement Shamans. Their DPS rotation is insane, and to be properly "high" on DPS as an Enhancement Shaman you need to be super good. Any healer can be good or bad depending on what they do. Tell me, what is harder: playing an Assassination Rogue or playing a Disc Priest? On my Disc all I do is use 5 skills all fight (excluding things like PS, Barrier, SS, IF).

There's very little diversity anymore for healing... you used to have raid healers, tank healers and burst healers and now you have Monotone Healing <Insert Class> character.

My wife quit playing because HPS was just becoming popular and the guild we were in encouraged high HPS over healing properly so the 3 disc priests in the guild started to snipe everyone and 1-2 healers got replaced because they couldn't "pull" numbers.

Deleted
    I'm personally finding healing pretty uninteresting with the excessive amounts of smart heals jumping into our toolkits. Sure, it's a result of convenience and improved mechanics, but at the same time, it's becoming pretty boring smashing two smart heals and then another two barely smarter ones and get the job done. It just feels insulting that healing has become so dumbed down, though it might just me being a Discipline Priest.

Though I'll admit I really like Chi Bursting on my cute Monk. :x