Gaming keyboard?

Hey guys, i'm going to buy a new gaming keyboard and i need some help!

I know every standard keyboard is viable, but i'm looking for a specific one! anyone know a good keyboard for wow that doesn't have tall buttons, but is quiet and have flat buttons? also a nice feature would be if the ALT button is easy reachable. CTRL too, but that isnt necessery. I had razer lycosa and i really liked it, but buttons are starting to fall off and stuff now.

Cheers
    Last edited by Vetly; 2013-05-08 at 11:40 PM.

uhm well i'm using the Logitech G105 and it works perfect for me. but if the lycosa worked for you before..get a new one if you can afford it. key's tends to fall off due to miss use of keyboard/age

Hmm. Does keyboard have faster "reactions"? Ive seen some cheap ones that I could just buy, but is it any difference when it comes to how fast the buttons react to gameplay? Might be a stupid question, but...

Deleted
    I'm currently using a Razer Blackwidow, and it's perfect, but extremely loud...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    I'm currently using a Razer Blackwidow, and it's perfect, but extremely loud...
    Yeah that's the thing, I don't like the keyboards that's really loud.. but flat buttons and quiet.

I checked out the steelseries apex raw keyboard and it looks pretty nice! anyone have experience with this keyboard?
    Last edited by Vetly; 2013-05-09 at 10:28 AM.

Deleted
    id go with the black widow, best keyboard iv ever used, solid and keys have a nice feel to them

Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    something i have learned in the last forty-eight hours is that a mechanical keyboard is only as loud as you're slamming the buttons. there is such little force needed to activate the switch that if you practice (aka, just use it) you can type very softly and it only makes little peeps~
    Exactly, if you're not bottoming out all the time, mechanical keyboards are really quiet. Though with some switch types it's hard not to bottom out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    Exactly, if you're not bottoming out all the time, mechanical keyboards are really quiet. Though with some switch types it's hard not to bottom out.
    You can actually make them quiet even when you're bottoming them out by putting O-Rings on each of the keys to prevent them from bottoming out.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only downside with mechanical keyboards: They all have "tall" keys and the OP specifically wanted flat keys.

For flat keys i would suggest a Cherry Stream XT (not available on Newegg anymore, but other places should have it for $20-30). High quality, very sturdy (metal backplate), flat keys, fairly silent.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The G110 Logitech keyboard has done great for me. Lots of ways to key-bind for games with this Keyboard. I recommend checking it out. I mentioned that razer products are 50/50 in a previous thread. I have no hate towards them, just pointing out the truth. Go with a Logitech, they are very durable and i have had no problems with my mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my G510 keyboard.
    Pretty quiet and lots of options for macros.

After using a standard Apple keyboard for a while I got a Razer Anansi a few weeks ago. Didn't like the narrowness of the keys (among other things) and returned it to Amazon. Been looking at the Blackwidow 2013 version. Can anyone who's seen/used both keyboards tell me whether or not the keys on the BW are any wider than the Anansi? Looks pretty similar from the picts I've seen online.
    Last edited by martyjay75; 2013-05-15 at 04:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like Razer products the Deathstalker has flat and low laying keys and is pretty quiet when I tried it out in the store. Here is a link for it http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyb...-deathstalker/
    CM 690II Advanced / Lamptron FC-6 / Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 / G Skill Sniper Series (2x4)8GB 1.25V DDR3 1600 / CM Hyper 212+ / I5 2500k stock / 2x MSI HD 6950 2GB ( Reference / Stock ) Crossfire / Corsair TX850 V2 ES / Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200RPM / Sony CD/DVD / Windows 7
    Overclocking almost done! 4.4 GHZ still working on it!! Wait.......where is all that smoke coming from?