Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    How would they still be if age of consent was lowered to 13?
    I don't think you understand that the age of consent has nothing to do with whether a 13 year old gets groomed or not...
    If a predator or an older man has a preference in younger girls, the legal age of consent will not change that or aid that...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    I don't think you understand that the age of consent has nothing to do with whether a 13 year old gets groomed or not...
    If a predator or an older man has a preference in younger girls, the legal age of consent will not change that or aid that...
    I'm perfectly aware of the circumstances regarding such cases. What use would there be in lowering the age of consent?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    I'm perfectly aware of the circumstances regarding such cases. What use would there be in lowering the age of consent?
    It'll stop 14 year old boys wanting to get their dinky stinky being on the sex offenders list for having sex with another 14 year old.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    It'll stop 14 year old boys wanting to get their dinky stinky being on the sex offenders list for having sex with another 14 year old.
    That is an unfortunate case of what it looks like today maybe. A more approriate path to take would be to make it so that if both partners are close to eachother in age no such thing should apply.

To sum it up: legal with sex between partners close to eachother in age before age of consent is reached but I do not believe there to exist healthy relationships between someone who is 13 and someone who is 40-50 years old. They're in very different stages of life.

I fully support a 14 year old having sex with another 14 year old, it's part of that period in life. However, a 14 year old with a 40-50 year old? No.

Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    I believe that the AoC world wide should be raised to 18 and all children should be given drugs to suppress/eliminate all sexual desires. fixes all problems.
    Those same drugs will cause physical development problems which will create a generation of imbeciles.

I have no problem with children having sex. If they use protection, if they both consent, if they're both well educated. Children who will experiment will do so anyway.
    The problem is that, when both participants are not of the same age category (before adulthood), you've got a severe disparity in power. And thát causes problems.

Your utopian vision might be great for reducing the amount of people on this planet, however. Hell; it'll toss in a few wars over candy that'll kill millions. Great idea!