Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    The reason I dislike Rift most

    Rifts. There are either not enough players doing one to clear or there are so many players things die too quickly to be fun or a challenge.
    I can't tell you who I am, but I can tell you who I'm not.

  2. #2
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,372
    That... one problem... is why you hate Rift?
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    That... one problem... is why you hate Rift?
    He said "Why I hate Rift the most". For there to be a "most", there has to be lesser reasons as well. My logic tells me such, anyway.

  4. #4
    You can solo every non-group rift in the game.

    I mean if you open a 10 man rift alone... that's sort of on you. Mundane rifts are easily soloable.

    Not sure there are legit reasons to have a group or need a group for rifts not designed for a raid.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    You can solo every non-group rift in the game.

    I mean if you open a 10 man rift alone... that's sort of on you. Mundane rifts are easily soloable.

    Not sure there are legit reasons to have a group or need a group for rifts not designed for a raid.
    Talking about zone events that occur during off peak hours, in a zone that isn't "the" spot to be, etc
    I can't tell you who I am, but I can tell you who I'm not.

  6. #6
    Okay, zone events.

    Not rifts.

    Gotcha.

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans Lemposs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,551
    That really isn't the games fault but the players.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    That really isn't the games fault but the players.
    For low level zones, it is an issue. When you don't have enough players, it's a massive pain in the ass to attempt to complete it, but when you have a ton of players (especially mentored down players) it's pretty much a cakewalk (most public events like that have to be pretty easy) as they don't necessarily scale up super well.

    The zone events worked great during classic while leveling as they require zones with moderate to heavy populations of level appropriate characters. Without those players though, they definitely lack a lot of the "umph" they used to have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    That really isn't the games fault but the players.
    It kinda is. It's a design issue, not something that players are doing wrong.

  9. #9
    Pandaren Monk Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,880
    A game called Rift with the main selling point been... Rifts, openings in the veil to allow invading forces to pour through, who'd have thought

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    A game called Rift with the main selling point been... Rifts, openings in the veil to allow invading forces to pour through, who'd have thought
    He clarified that he's talking about zone events, not general rifts. Zone events are definitely lacking when you don't have a group to do it with (or multiple raids), which is kinda a consequence of the design of them. They're spectacular with others, and terrible alone.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    For low level zones, it is an issue. When you don't have enough players, it's a massive pain in the ass to attempt to complete it, but when you have a ton of players (especially mentored down players) it's pretty much a cakewalk (most public events like that have to be pretty easy) as they don't necessarily scale up super well.

    The zone events worked great during classic while leveling as they require zones with moderate to heavy populations of level appropriate characters. Without those players though, they definitely lack a lot of the "umph" they used to have.



    It kinda is. It's a design issue, not something that players are doing wrong.
    And people want the removal of LFD in WoW ...

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    And people want the removal of LFD in WoW ...
    That's nice, but this isn't wow. clearly, none of the rift players have asked to have anything removed from another game. This is also a discussion about open world content, not dungeons or instances - yes, people are actually complaining that they want to see more open world participation.

    Rift has its own LFD, btw. Might want to read up on stuff like this.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    That's nice, but this isn't wow. clearly, none of the rift players have asked to have anything removed from another game. This is also a discussion about open world content, not dungeons or instances - yes, people are actually complaining that they want to see more open world participation.

    Rift has its own LFD, btw. Might want to read up on stuff like this.
    I know. Just pointing out that the people who want LFD removed in WoW to bring back the "old days" are crazy. Grouping up is a PITA when the population interested isn't dense enough.

  14. #14
    Stood in the Fire zanexlol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    382
    Rift's biggest flaw is its engine, no doubt about it.
    Yes, we are an ape with a symbiotic relationship to a mushroom.

  15. #15
    Warchief theWocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post
    Rift's biggest flaw is its engine, no doubt about it.
    Funny you should say that. I just dropped seven grand (South African currency) today on a new SLI setup and saw almost no significant improvement to the FPS in Rift - like a few fps only. Running the beta NVidia 320 drivers.

    Not that it bugs me as I see a huge improvement in other games, but after enabling and disabling SLI on it's profile, Rift doesn't seem to care if I have a dual or single GPU. 2 x 660ti's Gigabyte 2Gb SOC, new gigabyte main-board, 3.4GHz 3rd Gen i5, 16Gb up from 1 x 660ti SOC, 12gb RAM, i5 2nd gen 3.1GHz. I don't overclock ever as I buy new kit every 4~6 months (resell to customers as "demo" stock)

    I'm a server guy, not a gamer card guru - anyone have any suggestions, please PM me.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-05-10 at 08:46 PM.
    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ blog wockycc.tumblr.comyou-tube: Wocky GAMING
    Recent Video ★ Enter the Wocky: an introduction
    Partner/Member of the CURSE "Union for Gamers" YouTube Gaming Network | ★ Wocky's Computer Specs: HERE
    #WOCKSTER Gaming CommunitySteam Games List"


  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Funny you should say that. I just dropped seven grand (South African currency) today on a new SLI setup and saw almost no significant improvement to the FPS in Rift - like a few fps only. Running the beta NVidia 320 drivers.

    Not that it bugs me as I see the improvement in other games, but after enabling and disabling SLI on it's profile, Rift doesn't seem to care if I have a dual or single GPU. 2 x 660ti's Gigabyte 2Gb SOC, new gigabyte main-board, 3.4GHz 3rd Gen i5, 16Gb up from 1 x 660ti SOC, 12gb RAM, i5 2nd gen 3.1GHz. I don't overclock ever as I buy new kit every 4~6 months (resell to customers as "demo" stock)

    I'm a server guy, not a gamer card guru - anyone have any suggestions, please PM me.

    The problem is that Rift don't really support the new grapich cards.
    I am going to check around and ask my tech friends.
    Just because you make awesome rift videos and are a cool person in general.

  17. #17
    Warchief theWocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakash View Post
    The problem is that Rift don't really support the new grapich cards.
    I am going to check around and ask my tech friends.
    Just because you make awesome rift videos and are a cool person in general.
    He He - I've never been called "cool" - thank you.
    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ blog wockycc.tumblr.comyou-tube: Wocky GAMING
    Recent Video ★ Enter the Wocky: an introduction
    Partner/Member of the CURSE "Union for Gamers" YouTube Gaming Network | ★ Wocky's Computer Specs: HERE
    #WOCKSTER Gaming CommunitySteam Games List"


  18. #18
    I think its a pretty sweet game...

  19. #19
    The reason I left Rift is that I can't stand multiple roles. Yes, the main selling point of the game. Just not for me.

  20. #20
    I like Rift. I keep coming back to it every once and awhile. I'm on hiatus at the moment though. There are about 10 things I'd say I like about it for every 1 thing negative.

    The main thing that was bugging me was the combat. I cant explain why, but it feels thicker/more molasses-like/clunky than says SWTOR or WoW. It just doesn't feel as nice to click the buttons and go through the abilities. I'm not too into the lore either it just feels very 2-dimensional.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 08:24 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    The reason I left Rift is that I can't stand multiple roles. Yes, the main selling point of the game. Just not for me.
    I kind of have to agree with this. I miss the old EQ1 where you were an enchanter/bard/ranger/cleric/necromancer/shaman ect. and THAT was what you were. It might be harder to put groups together, but you feel like a special butterfly when a group is so excited to find you and you them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •