Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Whether Garrosh is corrupt or not

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/04/21/kn...cream-corrupt/

Its really a interesting read if you take the time for it. After reading it, Garrosh's actions really makes sense in my opinion.

Read it and comment.

My opinion: I agree with this article.
    Last edited by mmoce38467a1b7; 2013-05-09 at 12:28 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Corruption by lust for power and glory, or lust for power to sate his lust for glory, whichever
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Kosak or Metzen or whoever was answering that last Q&A, openly and directly stated that he's not corrupt.

Good line to take away from that Joystiq Garrosh piece:

"Is Garrosh Hellscream corrupt? No. Absolutely not. Here is what Garrosh Hellscream is: A raw, inexperienced political leader. An orc that lacks the basic understanding of his allies' backgrounds. An orc who took Thrall at his word and sought to do what Thrall wanted him to do. Thrall wanted to address the barren lands and dwindling supplies of the Horde, so Garrosh set out to take land and resources by force in Cataclysm. Along the way, he discovered that the Alliance were in fact a pretty strong threat that stood in the way of completing this task. And at the end of Cataclysm, he sought to solve that problem by taking out every Alliance outpost and settlement on Kalimdor, to properly claim the continent for the Horde."

Garrosh isn't a "I will murder everyone who disagrees with me" type of orc, but he is a raw, inexperienced political leader. That's why everyone who clamors for Rexxar to be warchief might find that their wish isn't that substantiated considering Rexxar would be just as green as Garrosh in that area, if not more so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    "Is Garrosh Hellscream corrupt? No. Absolutely not. Here is what Garrosh Hellscream is: A raw, inexperienced political leader.
    He is also a mass murdering imperialist. Should we tolerate that just because he's "raw and inexperienced?" How many people shall we allow to die until he is no longer raw and inexperienced?

If you can't drive, you lose your driving license, whether you are "corrupt" or not. You are just as dangeorus to others if you are simply clumsy and stupid.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2013-05-09 at 03:07 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Garrosh isn't a "I will murder everyone who disagrees with me" type of orc, but he is a raw, inexperienced political leader. That's why everyone who clamors for Rexxar to be warchief might find that their wish isn't that substantiated considering Rexxar would be just as green as Garrosh in that area, if not more so.
    Yeah, Rexxar is a warrior through and through, not a politician
    He also prefers the wilderness over civilization
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Yeah, Rexxar is a warrior through and through, not a politician
    He also prefers the wilderness over civilization
    Not to mention he hasn't appeared in MoP yet. No way they're going to make a character warchief who hasn't had screentime since BC.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    He is also a mass murdering imperialist. Should we tolerate that just because he's "raw and inexperienced?" How many people shall we allow to die until he is no longer raw and inexperienced?
    Are Horde players supposed to care that much about the lives of the Alliance?

Deleted
    Are Horde players supposed to care that much about the lives of the Alliance?
    Especially the orcs should worry about becoming so hated that even their own allies are starting to turn against them. After the Second War there was mercy instead of instant execution; that might not be the case any more after the next war.

They've outright said he's not corrupted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Hellscreams vision of a horde is one where there is only fair blonde haired and blue eyed orc babies frolicking through the meadows of Durotar.
    (the other members of the horde are but an inconvenient detail).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    After the Second War there was mercy instead of instant execution; that might not be the case any more after the next war.
    how? The Horde will exist until the end of WoW

Think back to the finale of the Domination point quest series.

He was looking at a Giant Bell made from an evil race out of the flesh of the Mogu's creators.
    His followers in a cult like silence watched as he turned solider after solider into a hideous mindless Sha beast.
    Failure after failure he subjected his men to the same fate including his best solider without pause or consideration that it was not working.
    Had he been allowed to finish he would have been quickly overrun.

MOREOVER when the Divine Bell was struck by the Mallet of Harmony Garrosh and all of the Sha around him were Stunned. There were even little yellow rings reverberating within Garrosh when he gets on one knee. His little Dark Passenger felt that.

Honestly I hate the fact that people are still defending this a-hole.
    Its really getting old.

Also this article has already been tossed out by another OP. Will some benevolent mod please prevent us from the author spamming us with the same crap over and over again. Close it please.
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2013-05-09 at 04:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Also this article has already been tossed out by another OP. Will some benevolent mod please prevent us from the author spamming us with the same crap over and over again. Close it please.
    You Ok, bro?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm of the 'he picked up Sha infestation in 5.1, but was heading down an ugly road before that' camp.

Not sure what will become of him post 5.4, but I hope he doesn't die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Especially the orcs should worry about becoming so hated that even their own allies are starting to turn against them. After the Second War there was mercy instead of instant execution; that might not be the case any more after the next war.
    Many orcs would have considered instant execution better, if they had any kind of vitality after the post-bloodlust.

To me the more this expansion goes on, the less matters if Garrosh is actually corrupted or not.

What struck my mind with the 5.3 spoilers was the quest of the Emperor, and two lines he said :

"Proud races must admit, they need help" and "I thought we were better than the rest of the world, that we coulde solve our own problems"

It's the outright description of the situation of the orcs and Garrosh. The orcs needs help, because Durotar has always been a hard place to live, but after the Cataclysm is far worse. The orcs will not last long there, and for this Garrosh is so desperate to make the orcs stronger and get the lands and the resources he needs at any cost, and for do so he needs to completely obliterate the Alliance, that is always there to opposing, be it Ashenvale or Pandaria.

This justify him ? No. Because there is just another way for get the sustain for survival that his people needs: asking for help, admits that the orcs have a serious problem for survival, and that they cannot resolve this mess all by their own. But Garrosh is too prideful, and so much of his people and loyalists, they will never admits that, because for Garrosh anything like that would be like "begging" the enemies, spit on the orchish pride and show only their weaknesses. For this he choose instead to make his war more and more brutal and violent, because if you're too proud for ask things, the remaining alternative it's take all you need by force.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-05-11 at 11:45 AM.

Garrosh is our Hitler. He has good ass quotes, but terrible leadership and feels his people are better than the rest of the world. Wouldn't be surprised if garrosh commited suicide.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creations View Post
    but terrible leadership .
    he was a good military leader

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard already confirmed that he was not Corrupted, he's just a bad apple

he was a good military leader
    At times. Several Northrend quests as I understand it have Saurfang covering for his mistakes, and he makes a big blunder in twilight highlands. Would have lost Org in Tides of War as well if he hadn't had 'lol krackens' on standby he could summon to anywhere. Also a terrible political leader from the get go.