Thread: Mods Biased

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    The Lightbringer DEATHETERNAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA, more fascist every day
    Posts
    3,224
    At least you managed to avoid calling the mods Nazis this time FussedMass.

    EDIT: Also, is discussing moderation like this against the rules or am I mistaken?
    Last edited by DEATHETERNAL; 2013-05-09 at 03:45 AM.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

  2. #22
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    21,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscer View Post
    Go outside.
    Depending on where you live that might be kind of dumb.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

  3. #23
    @vizzle

    I have been infracted 4 times over the course of my entire stay here. All of them have been "minor spam" infractions, only 1 of which actually was minor spam, and was inappropriate for the thread (tbh, I still would have done it even now cause I couldnt help myself) the other 2 were comments and sarcasm that wasn't directed at anyone, calling anyone stupid or the like. "Aww snap.. burn" shouldnt have been infracted, and the sarcasm post in the raiders being dumb thread also probably didnt deserve it. The last one was my profile pictures and signature which I got removed and infracted without even knowing what I did wrong, the rules changed, and I wasn't even given any warning that I was breaking any rules, it was auto infracted and removal without so much as a warning that something was wrong.

    Sometimes people are a bit heavy handed, and sometimes people dont do enough. Its just a fact of life.

    -note, I honestly dont care about the infractions, I never gotten banned for them and only listing them as part of the thread, they are done and expired, but just using them as examples-

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    @vizzle

    I have been infracted 4 times over the course of my entire stay here. All of them have been "minor spam" infractions, only 1 of which actually was minor spam, and was inappropriate for the thread (tbh, I still would have done it even now cause I couldnt help myself) the other 2 were comments and sarcasm that wasn't directed at anyone, calling anyone stupid or the like. "Aww snap.. burn" shouldnt have been infracted, and the sarcasm post in the raiders being dumb thread also probably didnt deserve it. The last one was my profile pictures and signature which I got removed and infracted without even knowing what I did wrong, the rules changed, and I wasn't even given any warning that I was breaking any rules, it was auto infracted and removal without so much as a warning that something was wrong.

    Sometimes people are a bit heavy handed, and sometimes people dont do enough. Its just a fact of life.

    -note, I honestly dont care about the infractions, I never gotten banned for them and only listing them as part of the thread, they are done and expired, but just using them as examples-
    I have 8 pages worth of infractions.



    The mods can be unfair sometimes (imo), but this is not one of those times.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    A snide comment is not on the same level as people joking around for a few posts. Hoping that the information you linked doesn't "crush the brains of lesser advance beings", the people you're talking to in the thread, isn't on the same tier as people posting off-posts for a few posts.

    See, there's a difference between a non-constructive post where a person goes into a thread and spews religious/anti-religious bullshit in a thread that has nothing to do with religion, just to spark a debate or hurt others, and a non-constructive post where someone makes an off-joke meant to harm nobody. The former promotes conflict and ill-will while the latter is just people being people. If we infracted everyone for the latter every single time then half the people on this site would be banned. Mods do come in every now and then and tell people to stop joking around, but that happens when it's continuous for several pages, and if they keep doing it after that warning then they get infracted. If it's just a joke every now and then, it's nothing bad.

    You're just bitter because you got infracted for crossing the line and yet those you're arguing with have been smart enough to stay on the safe side of the threshold. Complaining about it isn't going to work, if you really want them infracted, what you can do is continue to bait people and hope someone trips. Which is inevitably what you're going to do anyway.

    But the best thing to do is just drop it and move on. Because cmon. Spamming Sunshine's inbox for stupid bs? Go outside or something. We all get mad every now and then but don't let it linger.
    You had me all the way up to the point where you said "You're just bitter" this infraction took place months ago. I accepted it back then, there is a massive difference from being bitter and being upset the same rule of law is not being applied to others. I'm not asking you to catch each, and every single person doing it. However the same people doing in, almost weekly in the same thread would be a great start.

    I'm upset because their are numerous times, I wanted to say something that might directly get me infracted. Yet I do not. I report them, and nothing happens. Not a damn thing. People do not assume that you know my personality in detail. As for infractions. I could give a shit. I could easily log a new account in faster then 2 seconds with a separate IP address. That damn easily. This is about the principal behind it.

    All I see from the post, is made up reasons why you cannot do shit. Its no wonder every week, I see a new post from Chad or other like minded people who share my point of view. This is MMO Champion response to people who complain "Go outside, Get a Life, You're just bitter" as a website that feeds off sponsors for the money. I would assure the people directing the complaints would be perhaps more friendly and helpful.

    While I appreciate your ideas on what does, and what doesn't work. I am using my freedom of expression. The same damn way, people post flames everyday and mods turn a blind eye, because its their friend or the mod on a separate account. Yet mods can do what they want, the rest of us need to go outside.

    Its about the system itself and processed behind it, and what happens when that process has a wrench thrown inside of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    At least you managed to avoid calling the mods Nazis this time FussedMass.

    EDIT: Also, is discussing moderation like this against the rules or am I mistaken?
    This is classic.

    Flame Baiting. Hes trying to make a remark to provoke an emotional response. That is the textbook behind the meaning of the words. However this is labeled, "Suggestions and Feedback" so no, that rule does not apply here. Since I am giving them feedback on what they can improve on. These guys like this one.

    Make comments, almost begging for a response. Then when given one, they report it and I'm the one in trouble. He is a perefect example of posters flaming, flame baiting in order to get someone in trouble.
    Last edited by FusedMass; 2013-05-09 at 03:51 AM.

  6. #26
    I am just saying in general though, I am playing devil's advocate, and to be frank, really don't care to much about the reasoning for the OP's post, but more about the idea that people should be 100% fair 100% of the time, which is impossible, so I am just playing the part that is against you trying as best as I can to not be biased much :P

    Its a more interesting discussion that way, and you never know it may help people in the future!

  7. #27
    If there are numerous times where people have insulted you and have said infraction-worthy things, then why aren't you posting those examples instead of posting these innocent masturbation jokes? If you can show a picture/post where someone is calling you stupid in the way you called them stupid, and it wasn't infracted, then you would have a proper argument. Do that in your next reply, or people are going to believe that you have no evidence at all.

    Its no wonder every week, I see a new post from Chad or other like minded people who share my point of view.
    Chad as in Chadwick? The guy who makes threads with links that he didn't even read? Doesn't really help your case.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-05-09 at 03:53 AM.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    If there are numerous times where people have insulted you and have said infraction-worthy things, then why aren't you posting those examples instead of posting these innocent masturbation jokes? If you can show a picture/post where someone is calling you stupid in the way you called them stupid, and it wasn't infracted, then you would have a proper argument. Do that in your next reply, or people are going to believe that you have no evidence at all.
    No there isn't. One of the worse things I have said is "Crush minds of advancer lesser people" I do not blindly just insult people. People I know the rules. Which is why its so frustrating to follow it, only to see it corrupted. Again trying to switch my point, to a subject about me. I understand you having a mod account or whatever. But instead of actually addressing my problem, you seek to "its your fault, its your fault" mentality.

    I have stood silent for months in certain threads. Nothing taking place. This is about the same group of people, posting the same flaming, flame baiting and only a few people like (chad, myself etc) getting punished for it. I know you cannot capture every single detail, no one is asking you to. However I disagree with certain aspects.

    What I'm requesting is very simple, basic. Simply don't ignore the hostile flaming made by other posters, instead circling on a promised few. Also making a request, then ignoring messages for said requests. I'm not asking for the world here. I think at least half would agree, people can be a bit blind at sometimes.
    Last edited by FusedMass; 2013-05-09 at 03:57 AM.

  9. #29
    FusedMass, I love you, but making threads again and again won't really change much.

    We have a pretty solid system of appeals, and we're pretty forgiving compared to most forums out there honestly. Getting pissed because you don't agree with mods decision is one thing, but trying to call my team out in public every 2 weeks is another. I'm the one who had to explain to you what a bias is last time we talked, because you had a big ass thread starting a debate with only articles backing up YOUR idea in the original post.

    As usual, if you have a problem, you can talk to Sunshine, but going all "the mods are super evil" in public won't really do much. It just creates hostility on both sides for no reason.

    Just because you don't agree with how things are done doesn't mean they're done wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •