Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Banned sandmoth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,767

    Exclamation Will TBC and Vanilla Private Servers Become More Populated than Real WOW?

    I think one of them already has like 1 million plus players. Really this just stands as a testament to how good TBC and Vanilla were, and how crappy all the later expansions were.

  2. #2
    link of source? Its hard to belive they have an active 1 mil player base.

  3. #3
    Banned sandmoth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Villafranca View Post
    link of source? Its hard to belive they have an active 1 mil player base.
    I will let you search for yourself. It seems like I read that somewhere, but I may be wrong. Still the fact these realms even exist is a testament in itself.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    I think one of them already has like 1 million plus players. Really this just stands as a testament to how good TBC and Vanilla were, and how crappy all the later expansions were.
    Or that you can get a lot of "players" (however those places count distinct, active players) on something that's free.

    This is a stupid thread, the obvious answer is no.

  5. #5
    I've recently tried the one that is known for "1 million players"...the server is dead. /who anywhere and no one is playing. It's definitely neat to go back in time and relive the past. I did it mainly because I missed Auberdine. However, I totally lost interest when there wasn't a mailbox outside my favorite auction house.

    Really?! Mailboxes were added later? It's this and other quality of life things, I can't live without (the dead server didn't help either). So I doubt I'll be putting much effort into a private server.

  6. #6
    1 million players playing on a TBC private server

    8.3 million playing on live realms

    yeah, it sounds like the private server is doing better.

  7. #7
    Banned sandmoth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Chireru93 View Post
    1 million players playing on a TBC private server

    8.3 million playing on live realms

    yeah, it sounds like the private server is doing better.
    8.3mil and declining...quickly

  8. #8
    Herald of the Titans Bathory's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,569
    That's not a testament of anything but "people will play wow for free"
    You now stand before the Countess.
    A story of Firsts from around the world:
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com/

  9. #9
    Banned sandmoth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    That's not a testament of anything but "people will play wow for free"
    Why are there no free Wrath or Cata servers then?

  10. #10
    Moderator LocNess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Indiana, United States
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Why are there no free Wrath or Cata servers then?
    Because the "omg vanilla and tbc so good" thing has been beat to death so if you are looking for players that would be the quickest way to gain a good amount.
    Battletag: Rhaegas#1141
    Armory: Valefaran
    "When you're a Mage you're a Mage all the way from your first Pyroblast 'till WoW's last dying day"

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Why are there no free Wrath or Cata servers then?
    what makes you think there aren't?

  12. #12
    Banned sandmoth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Because the "omg vanilla and tbc so good" thing has been beat to death so if you are looking for players that would be the quickest way to gain a good amount.
    They still exist and wrath and cata servers don't, so a sensible conclusion to draw from that is players like TBC and Vanilla better than latter expansion. Proof is in the pudding buddy. I cannot help if you do not want to open your eyes.

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Calzaeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kopervik, Norway
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Why are there no free Wrath or Cata servers then?
    There are. You just didn't look. Heck, I've occasionally used a pretty good Wrath one since week two of Cata! Nostalgia is great, and I like having my need for mindless Volley-spam sated, but the game has truly improved in tons of ways since then. Both the small QoL-things like mailboxes, and in bigger gameplay-related ways. Such as a Balance druid now actually interacting with the Eclipse-mechanic in a meaningful way instead of wrathwrathwrathPROCstarfirestarfirestarfirestarfirePROC. Note that in Wrath, those PROC's were random. Now we have a genuine resource

    I'll give you this, though: Those vanilla and TBC-servers are a testament, but not to what you claim. They are a testament to the fact that people dislike change, and the internet is an unbeatable tool when it comes to averting changes.

    Boom, logic'd!
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I don't think you're having so much a thought but rather complete mental diarrhea all over the internet and your keyboard and it's not pretty or even logical.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Why are there no free Wrath or Cata servers then?

    I just did a quick search, and there are.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Why are there no free Wrath or Cata servers then?
    There are. Cata arena private realms are very popular.

    As for the OP, all of the "big" vanilla servers are pretty dead.

  16. #16
    Banned sandmoth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    what makes you think there aren't?
    What makes you think there are?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    They still exist and wrath and cata servers don't, so a sensible conclusion to draw from that is players like TBC and Vanilla better than latter expansion. Proof is in the pudding buddy. I cannot help if you do not want to open your eyes.
    The server that was known for having 1 million people died a long time ago.

  18. #18
    Banned sandmoth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    There are. Cata arena private realms are very popular.

    As for the OP, all of the "big" vanilla servers are pretty dead.
    Here's a video. Take it for what it is worth, but it seems fairly well populated.



    Okay now your turn. Post some link or video showing these claimed Cata private server realms.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Here's a video. Take it for what it is worth, but it seems fairly well populated.



    Okay now your turn. Post some link or video showing these claimed Cata private server realms.
    That's not populated at all. What has you calling that populated?

  20. #20
    No one cares, go leave MMO champ and to ur private realm forum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •