Thread: Explosive Shot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Just made an account to say that this DoT mechanic is so lame for ES. I would like ES to deal instant damage! It's like: you gain L'n'L proc and then you spam ES and then it flyes to target and then it lands and then there are 2 more ES behind and ONLY THEN this stupid sh*t ability start to deal real damage... You know, kinda boring.
    Oh I wish sometime... I will shot back to back those 3 instant 150k awesome EXPLOSIVES!!! Anyone? no?

Quote Originally Posted by NickyMinaj View Post
    Just made an account to say that this DoT mechanic is so lame for ES. I would like ES to deal instant damage! It's like: you gain L'n'L proc and then you spam ES and then it flyes to target and then it lands and then there are 2 more ES behind and ONLY THEN this stupid sh*t ability start to deal real damage... You know, kinda boring.
    Oh I wish sometime... I will shot back to back those 3 instant 150k awesome EXPLOSIVES!!! Anyone? no?
    Considering that with all CDs up at start, my ES Crits are usually around 105-110k. That's over 300k damage in a single ES if all crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Considering that with all CDs up at start, my ES Crits are usually around 105-110k. That's over 300k damage in a single ES if all crit.
    Well, waarlocks crit for freakin' millions with 100%, instant ES wouldn't be ovepowered.

I think the DoT nature of ES at this point is merely thematic, IE tons of little explosions going off on the target instead of one large one.

It used to matter in that you couldn't clip ES ticks if you wanted to max DPS, but with the new Ignite-like behavior for ES, this isn't an issue any more. But if you roll it into a single damage spike nuke, it becomes the exact same thing as Kill Command and Chimera Shot, IE boring as hell.

But if you roll it into a single damage spike nuke, it becomes the exact same thing as Kill Command and Chimera Shot, IE boring as hell.
    But it's annoying when you have an ES off CD or L'n'L proc and let's say there is a venomous priest or whatever that you need to burn, and he have close to zero health and you shot ES and he dies faster then he got 3 ticks. Of course it's not the problem for a raid and you can say "oh whatever, boss down anyway, i'm happy", but let's be honest, it's not fun to lose your DPS like that.

then dont use ES. push whatever button you feel would yield a better result. KS or AS for example. you can use ES/LnL on your next target then, it isnt like it is running away.

personally i'd switch off the priest if my killshot was on cooldown and it were below, lets say 5-6%. it would die to other players and dots before it would cast again anyway, no use sticking around. Everyone is spamming their execute like their life depends on it at that point anyway.