Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
  1. #161
    Social Aspect is driven by players.
    There are more social tools than before, but players need to use them.

    Cut out the tired "casual" argument. There is plenty of content for the "hardcore", you just forget that there are players who are not you.
    If people can afk, then thats a social problem where everyone else simply ignores or tolerates it. See above.

    Empty servers are again driven by the community.
    See above, again.

    Dailies where there are no longer the mandatory items such as shoulder enchants. Craftings can be provided by anyone else, without the need to earn them yourself.
    Aside from earning lesser charms, which is a valid complaint (which nobody ever brings up) dailies are largely fine as they are.
    Valor has other likely more efficient sources.

    Alt Unfriendly, when you complain about the reputations which offer a huge bonus to any alts reputation grind which is actually optional at best.
    Mounts being account-wide, many account-wide achievements. You just call it alt-unfriendly without any supporting argument.
    Because you cant give one.

    The Lore is a personal opinion, I like it. You do not.
    Get over yourself.

    Segregation by tiers is done by players, by the community.

    Notice a pattern here, how a considerable number of your complaints are driven by player decisions.
    A player community, which you are a part of.

    Instead of whining, take a look at the real problem.
    Those around you, and I would not be surprised if you were also part of it.
    You pick fault with "casual" content, but then complain about segregation of players by tier when you are doing exactly that.
    Hypocrite.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Social Aspect is driven by players.
    There are more social tools than before, but players need to use them.

    Cut out the tired "casual" argument. There is plenty of content for the "hardcore", you just forget that there are players who are not you.
    If people can afk, then thats a social problem where everyone else simply ignores or tolerates it. See above.

    Empty servers are again driven by the community.
    See above, again.

    Dailies where there are no longer the mandatory items such as shoulder enchants. Craftings can be provided by anyone else, without the need to earn them yourself.
    Aside from earning lesser charms, which is a valid complaint (which nobody ever brings up) dailies are largely fine as they are.
    Valor has other likely more efficient sources.

    Alt Unfriendly, when you complain about the reputations which offer a huge bonus to any alts reputation grind which is actually optional at best.
    Mounts being account-wide, many account-wide achievements. You just call it alt-unfriendly without any supporting argument.
    Because you cant give one.

    The Lore is a personal opinion, I like it. You do not.
    Get over yourself.

    Segregation by tiers is done by players, by the community.

    Notice a pattern here, how a considerable number of your complaints are driven by player decisions.
    A player community, which you are a part of.

    Instead of whining, take a look at the real problem.
    Those around you, and I would not be surprised if you were also part of it.
    You pick fault with "casual" content, but then complain about segregation of players by tier when you are doing exactly that.
    Hypocrite.
    Have you messed up quoting someone? Who are you talking to? It is like being witness to a conversation between Norman Bates and his mother.

  3. #163
    Empty servers are again driven by the community.
    See above, again.

    ------------------------------

    That doesnt mean Blizzard can just sit back and relax and laugh at all the people who 'accidently' chose the wrong server 8 years ago and can't be arsed to pay alot of money to transfer or begin on another server.

    And pleae dont come with CRZ, that did NOTHING fto help dead servers.

  4. #164
    Banned sandmoth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,767
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pt-to-save-wow Wow is dying and I don't believe raid finder is gonna save it. The game suffers from a bigger problem. The underlining mechanics of the game have gotten boring. Wow needs changes in game philosophy and direction. Blizzard needs to shake up the core of wow.

    One of the reasons why I think core mechanics have gotten so boring is because we have had the same designers for like 6 years straight? You need new blood and new leadership thrown in from time to time to shake things up and keep them from being stale.

    Eventually having the same designers gets to the point were nothing truly new gets introduced just rehashed stuff we have already did a million times over.

    This echoes a lot like my signature below which was originally created by none other than Albert Einstein.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...sion-of-change Nothing is really changing in Mists. Blizzard is simply putting a new coat of paint on and hoping you don't realize it. Rotations for all classes are almost exactly the same, almost all abilities are exactly the same, and raiding is the exact same idea with new npc's.

    You expect us to play the nearly the same classes we have been playing for 7 plus years and not be bored? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results in the definition of insanity. No wonder why people are leaving your game in droves because you refuse to change blizzard. You would rather lay in the pool of stagnation and watch your game slowly die instead of boldly taking risks and changing things. Jesus would a few radical ideas really hurt that much?

    You are not even the same company you were before blizzard. You accumulated so much by having the heart and guts to take risks. It is as if you have been blinded by fame and fortune and have forgotten where you came from. Another problem is you refuse to higher anyone with new ideas. You say it may corrupt your talent pool, but is this really true or just another cover up because you are afraid of change?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...munity-so-much Many of the problems we have now were caused by the community wanting something without looking at the harm it could cause to the game. Maybe the community isn't as smart as it thinks it is. Maybe blizzard should just step back and realize, the community is too full of contradictions in explaining what it wants to be taken seriously. Maybe blizzard should design the game more according to their own opinion of how a mmo should be and just tune the community out a bit.
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2012-08-13 at 02:30 pm.
    I told you so! I told you so! I told you so!

    All threads I have made throughout the years. I have been saying these things for awhile, and no one listened.
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2013-05-09 at 10:03 PM.

  5. #165
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    I told you so! I told you so! I told you so!

    All threads I have made throughout the years. I have been saying these things for awhile, and no one listened.
    So, since you know so much send your resume and portfolio to Blizzard... if they hire you, I'll gladly match your first year's salary with them.

    You cant claim you were 'right' until Blizzard gives us a reason for the drop, certainly you can speculate, but that doesn't make you right. Until they give reasons that match your claims, then you are nothing more than another speculator.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  6. #166
    Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,742
    I only have one thing to say on this whole "WoW is dying/declining/whatever": anyone who honestly thinks or believes (or even hopes) that WoW will ever reach its peak is a foolish person. WoW is probably never getting as many people as it once did, regardless of quality of content, regardless of difficulty, regardless of type of content, regardless of anything. It reached its peak, and now it's a decline. And there is nothing wrong with it, because it's simply the natural flow of things. It'll gain subs every now and then (especially at new expansion releases), but other than that, it is only natural that it'll lose them.

    Now, don't interpret this as me saying the game is flawless: it most definitely isn't.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-05-09 at 09:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    I told you so! I told you so! I told you so!

    All threads I have made throughout the years. I have been saying these things for awhile, and no one listened.
    It's kind of funny how your posts are all about Blizzard needing to change the game more, while many other posts are about how Blizzard changed it too much.

    I guess your subjective views are just as interesting as theirs. I do agree with your last quote 100% though. Blizz needs to really get better at trying to understand the real issues instead of reacting to whoever cries the loudest on forums.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    1: Really hate the social BS because their was never a social aspect to WoW apart from your guild. If their was then people wouldn't be spending hours trying to get a tank and healer to do a dungeon and Blizzard wouldn't be forced to make a dungeon finder.

    2: if people go afk in my lfr do you know what happens.....they get kicked even if I don't say anything. Second if your talking about challenging then why not do that exactly do challenge modes

    3: Maybe Blizzard will combine empty servers but this is more of a techincal thing and your overstating the impact since your talking about a minority here. I play on a medium server and I don\t really see what is happening on the empty servers

    4: They offer valor so what? does it suddenly force you to do dailys? The only reason why you should feel to do dailys (with current patch) is that they give coins which you don't even bother mentioning.

    5: With patch 5.3 anything that made this expansion alt unfriendly is gone in my opinion, pet battle for coins and rep isn't needed anymore since the early wings in lfr is more then enough to ge to TOT.

    6:You know you never had any interaction with the major lore characters in TBC do you? And your overstating the number of people that knew who Illidan, KJ, Kael thas, Vashj was. Blizzard cares about lore because thats how they build their game, but majority of the people don't give shit and we always fight creatures we never heard about before (the pre humans is a great example)

    7: We have 3 tiers of gear this expansion, Vanilla has 3, TBC has 3, WOTLK has 4 cata has 3. If anything the previous expansions had to few tiers since people ended up doing the final raid for almost a year.

    Honestly you have no clue why World of Warcraft who is has 10 times more subs then any other MMMO is losing players, your looking it form your own point of view and assume everybody thinks like you. Just going to say but people in china (majority of the players lost) have different culture and expect different things.
    I disagree, Bronzebeard EU had a cracking social aspect during Vanilla and TBC.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by -ex- View Post
    They have content like this, run Challenge Mode...
    Just no, challenge mode is more like see what the maximum amount of mobs you can pull and AoE down the fastest without dying.

  10. #170
    the basic reason i feel is that its getting too 'samey' and more repetitive as patches and expansions come out

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Have you messed up quoting someone? Who are you talking to? It is like being witness to a conversation between Norman Bates and his mother.
    No, I was just covering each point described on the first post.
    I did not feel the need to quote that also, and make my post twice the length it already was.
    And if you are posting here with no knowledge of that which spawned the conversation, or that which most people are likely referring to in some way then why are you saying anything at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •