Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The only reason who is in decline(not dying) is because it will turn 10 next year and pretty much the last sub based MMO on the market. The reasons you gave are basicly based on yourselve being lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggo View Post
    There are plenty of threads with the same topic, couldn't you post in one of those?
    Of course not, when subs go down everyone is a game designer and knows exactly how to fix it... but, they aren't willing to submit their resume and portfolio to Blizzard... instead they rush to fan forums and profess to have all the answers.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Remember Cataclysm? I sure do, I remember the CC, and "Heroic" feel and I also remember it is what caused the massive loss in subs at the time. Blizzard even admitted it. Hence why it is NOT that way in Mists. I hated Cataclysm and it was the expansion I stopped raiding in, and stopped running dungeons. In fact, I never ran dungeons in BC either. Only Classic, Wrath and now Mists.
    The only problem with Cataclysm was they made EVERY heroic a new Shadow Labyrinth. You should have one, maybe two, hard heroics, a few easy ones, and the rest in between.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Of course not, when subs go down everyone is a game designer and knows exactly how to fix it... but, they aren't willing to submit their resume and portfolio to Blizzard... instead they rush to fan forums and profess to have all the answers.
    You mean these forums AREN'T the application process?!?!? WTF!? I've been such a fool! T_T

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason WoW is "dying" as the OP says, is because the things we keep asking for (EU/US players) are not always what the Asian players want. Hence the reason they all quit for months at a time and give the illusion of the game slumping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    Happy to you know you'll leave, bud. I can go on my day knowing you'll dip from WoW if it's F2P.
    I cant see Blizzard pissing away a billion dollars a yr of Wow subscription money to go F2P.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 01:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    You mean these forums AREN'T the application process?!?!? WTF!? I've been such a fool! T_T
    Lol, God man... you made me laugh so hard that someone in the next office over came to see what I was laughing at....Thank you.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I think right now the "empty servers" combined with the CRZ "Fake server" crap is going to create a massive snowball effect.

More people leave, the less raids/groups there are to do, the faster people will leave more.... ect.

Combine that with NO server community thanks to CRZ, Low-pop realm economies decimated thanks to CRZ, and world immersion feeling decimated by CRZ (Look! Terrokar Forrest looks like Stormwind now! But just more green and dead vultures on the ground!")

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 06:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    ...so, is this an admission that you work for Blizzard? Since you do give your opinion (quite often) on these boards about the game and all. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...so, is this an admission that you work for Blizzard? Since you do give your opinion (quite often) on these boards about the game and all. :P
    Actually, No. wouldn't have time to work for Blizzard inbtween writing all these bail bonds...

Quote Originally Posted by elmowaki View Post
    Are you really that stupid?
    He said they only merged servers in Korea because the government passed a law to force Blizzard to this and that they ruin games for giggles. Does that answer your question?

I have to disagree with you on the first half of the lore part.

I mean what did you expect? We killed Deathwing last expansion. Did you want the new expansion to feature Kel'Thuzad all over again and the next expansion after that Illidan? The same argument could be presented in Warcraft III. "Who the fuck are these Night Elfs? All I want is Orc and Humans." I seriously don't get what you're trying to say here.

What were they supposed to do? Turn off the servers after Cata because there are no more characters from the RTS series? The mogu are new lore.

All I get from what you wrote is that you don't want new lore because you don't know the characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not dying. It just has less subscribers, because it's old and people did what they wanted and went on sabbatical like they do every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Whidbey View Post
    It's not dying. It just has less subscribers, because it's old and people did what they wanted and went on sabbatical like they do every expansion.
    If the losses continue at this rate of almost 15% per quarter there will no WOW in little over two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    If the losses continue at this rate of almost 15% per quarter there will no WOW in little over two years.
    That means nothing though. 1 data point =/= trend.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    That means nothing though. 1 data point =/= trend.
    Whilst WOW is not going to die in two years I think it is safe to say that the problem of sub losses, which has been on going for over two years now, is the trend and as realms become emptier it is likely to accelerate before it stabilises.

As a Ex wow gamer, I Found content wasn't fast enough for me, however I'll always be back after every expansion.. so I guess it will never fully die.

Yeah, except the new expansion will be out next year, and that will cause the subs to rise again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Yeah, except the new expansion will be out next year, and that will cause the subs to rise again.
    It will? And when the next expansion fails to bring back the players, just MOP has, what will the next thing to increase subs? 6.1? When that fails, 6.2?

10+ Year Old Account
    My friends, guildies, and I are still playing the game. I'm pretty sure it's not dying on my end.

There is a lot more interaction in the game. The world bosses, elites on Isle of Thunder, and now heroic scenarios are a great example of this! I had 15 people grouping with me to kill elites on Isle of Thunder the other day! The health pools were insane!!! Just so you're aware, all 14 that were with me were all pugs. It was a blast!
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Whilst WOW is not going to die in two years I think it is safe to say that the problem of sub losses, which has been on going for over two years now, is the trend and as realms become emptier it is likely to accelerate before it stabilises.
    I also agree that subs will drop, and then stabilize at some point. Whether or not it will accelerate is to be seen. Since a majority of the sub losses were in the far east, it might start stabilizing sooner rather than later. Or it might not. /shrug

only thing i can agree on is the empty servers. rest is just opinions. so no. this is no reasons why wow is "dying", and for a game to be "dying" they need to lose more money per month than gaining. wich i doubt they wont until hitting the 3m marker
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Social Aspect is driven by players.
    There are more social tools than before, but players need to use them.

Cut out the tired "casual" argument. There is plenty of content for the "hardcore", you just forget that there are players who are not you.
    If people can afk, then thats a social problem where everyone else simply ignores or tolerates it. See above.

Empty servers are again driven by the community.
    See above, again.

Dailies where there are no longer the mandatory items such as shoulder enchants. Craftings can be provided by anyone else, without the need to earn them yourself.
    Aside from earning lesser charms, which is a valid complaint (which nobody ever brings up) dailies are largely fine as they are.
    Valor has other likely more efficient sources.

Alt Unfriendly, when you complain about the reputations which offer a huge bonus to any alts reputation grind which is actually optional at best.
    Mounts being account-wide, many account-wide achievements. You just call it alt-unfriendly without any supporting argument.
    Because you cant give one.

The Lore is a personal opinion, I like it. You do not.
    Get over yourself.

Segregation by tiers is done by players, by the community.

Notice a pattern here, how a considerable number of your complaints are driven by player decisions.
    A player community, which you are a part of.

Instead of whining, take a look at the real problem.
    Those around you, and I would not be surprised if you were also part of it.
    You pick fault with "casual" content, but then complain about segregation of players by tier when you are doing exactly that.
    Hypocrite.