10+ Year Old Account

Cast sequence for DK's

Hey I've seen a lot of these macro's flying around and wondering i anyone is actually usng thewm and if so are they viable for Frost 2h, DW or unholy.

EG.
    #showtooltip Obliterate
    /castsequence reset=target Plague Strike,Howling Blast,null
    /castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,Obliterate
    /castsequence reset=0.3 1,Frost Strike
    /castsequence reset=20 Horn of Winter
    /cast Pillar of Frost

This may not be a good one but this is what i have seen people use.
    Please provide feedback with opinions, arguments and or evidence as to why it is or not viable.

Sig Made By Lilliputia....Thanks

Deleted
    We don't use a rotation since... well I sincerly don't even remember when we started using a PRIORITY system instead.

All those macros are bull**it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    We don't use a rotation since... well I sincerly don't even remember when we started using a PRIORITY system instead.

All those macros are bull**it.
    Ooh! Ooh! Blood DPS DKs used rotations back in WotLK. Diseases, heart strike, heart strike, rune strike, heart strike heart strike rune strike heart strike heart strike heart strike rune strike obliterate... and reset.

Or something like that.

What I'd like is a macro that casts blood tap, then obliterate, but wont cast blood tap if I can already use obliterate.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Ooh! Ooh! Blood DPS DKs used rotations back in WotLK. Diseases, heart strike, heart strike, rune strike, heart strike heart strike rune strike heart strike heart strike heart strike rune strike obliterate... and reset.

Or something like that.

What I'd like is a macro that casts blood tap, then obliterate, but wont cast blood tap if I can already use obliterate.
    There was also a diseaseless playstyle, but back in WotLK there was a fixed rotation for all the 3 specs, not just for the blood one.

What I meant is that it's A LOT of time that we use a priority system instead of a rotation, that's why castsequence macros sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I'm not trying to be rude, but if you can't decide when to use BT or Obliterate without a macro then maybe you should use one of the other talent choices from the tier with BT in it. Just pay attention to your runes and you shouldn't have any problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats off topic please go back to the topic of the specific macro plz

Sig Made By Lilliputia....Thanks

Your question has been answered, macros like that are shit, just learn to play the class properly.

Some macros are OK, I use a castsequence on my frost DK to apply Blood Plague via outbreak/unholy blight/plague strike, for example. But none of those are primary rotational abilities, which cannot be macroed.

Also, reaping-less unholy back in 3.2 used a strict rotation. It was horrible.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've always been curious how people get anything out of just mashing a single button and nothing else. Why do you even play these kind of games then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iso View Post
    I've always been curious how people get anything out of just mashing a single button and nothing else. Why do you even play these kind of games then?
    Because some people liked Arcane Mages back in Cataclysm?
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boramir View Post
    I'm not trying to be rude, but if you can't decide when to use BT or Obliterate without a macro then maybe you should use one of the other talent choices from the tier with BT in it. Just pay attention to your runes and you shouldn't have any problems.
    Oh, I know when to use blood tap.

I just prefer to have as few keys to press as possible.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    Macros like that have been long dead. They're pretty much useless nowadays for any spec, bar from maybe a two spell castsequence macro for utility (of which I can't think up right now :P)
    I use one of these for multi-interrupts.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=15 Mind Freeze, Strangulate

Just so I can have it on one-button for Horridon and the like, I'm always in melee so it works. ^_^

I'm currently experiementing with one for Death Pact and Healthstones, it's sort of hit and miss.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf