1. #1

    Moving is Doing my head in

    Hi Guys,

    I have the general rotation down, as well as knowing what i have to do to keep numbers up while having to move on boss fights.

    my question is, does anyone know how i can sustain my damage above the 120k threshold while still being able to run around like 75% of the fight which some fights have demanded of me as of late.

    in phases where i can stand still for more then 10 seconds or so, i can seem to burst pretty good, but not being able to sustain the numbers required is putting me far behind the other dps that can keep there damage up 100% of the time..

    Does anyone know of a quick fix.

    here is my Armory:

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rtler/advanced

    This link doesnt sometimes Work, but its my Druid Turtler, Realm Saurfang US.

    Cheers, For any advice or help that may help me punch rng in the face.

    Turtler
    Signature Supplied by Emaluri
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

  2. #2
    You can't sustain 120k while moving 75% of the time - plain and simple. Which fights are you talking about that require you to move 75% of the time ? Tortos ?

  3. #3
    It's all about crit. And anticipating movement in advance. My healers sometimes get abit upset about me because i usually take the most risk to increase dps. You just can't really move instantly as boom if you wanna keep your dps up. I don't think there are any bosses with 75% movement btw.

    I am abit better geared then OP, but i still do 185k on hc tortos, simply by moving when you can (SS procs, dotting) and not move instantly from rockfall (Its a big delay before they actually fall) and that is just pure single target nuke, on turtles and boss.

    Sometimes, don't move if you don't have to. Your own ability to heal is a big dps gain in some fights, where not moving won't kill you, but will kill your dps. I feel as boomkin you can get away with more. And you should take advantage of it, to max dps.
    Last edited by Miscam; 2013-05-09 at 10:58 AM.

  4. #4
    position ahead of time. know what's going to happen, or is likely to happen, and keep repositioning yourself to minimize need for moving later.

  5. #5
    Heroic Tortos and Ji Kun are currently blocking me as well as normal Durumu.

    On Heroic Tortos:
    My Problems are that rng shits on me and i get several rockfalls in a row add that with having to kill the turtles faster it kinda sucks.
    unsure how i can help to maximise this.

    Heroic Ji-Kun:
    moving From Feed young and also downfall are my biggest problems here i usually soak a caw with rejuvi bark and Renewal. but when i go down onto smaller platforms it kills my dps something chronic.

    Durumu:
    During the maze phase i get shat on as the beam goes fast and with my cast times all i seem to be able to do is leave dots on boss and use my SS procs, i try to make sure im in Lunar eclipse for this so i get a Buffed Starfall but sometimes it jsut doesnt help and i end up falling well below the other dps.


    If Anyone has any pointers on these fights i would greatly Aprreicate it.

    Cheers
    Turtle
    Signature Supplied by Emaluri
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    Heroic Tortos and Ji Kun are currently blocking me as well as normal Durumu.

    On Heroic Tortos:
    My Problems are that rng shits on me and i get several rockfalls in a row add that with having to kill the turtles faster it kinda sucks.
    unsure how i can help to maximise this.

    Heroic Ji-Kun:
    moving From Feed young and also downfall are my biggest problems here i usually soak a caw with rejuvi bark and Renewal. but when i go down onto smaller platforms it kills my dps something chronic.

    Durumu:
    During the maze phase i get shat on as the beam goes fast and with my cast times all i seem to be able to do is leave dots on boss and use my SS procs, i try to make sure im in Lunar eclipse for this so i get a Buffed Starfall but sometimes it jsut doesnt help and i end up falling well below the other dps.


    If Anyone has any pointers on these fights i would greatly Aprreicate it.

    Cheers
    Turtle
    On tortos, you can multidot when the rockfall happens. The moment the turtles come out, dot them up and you can cast while still moving in time for the rockfall. They don't happen instantly. Also because of your passive dmg reduction there is a good chance you won't lose your shield on the stomp, nice little gain there.

    On ji-kun, it's mostly depending on what your role is. We farm it currently with 3 nest clearers, and 3 boss nukers who only go down twice in total for feathers. I don't think we are particularly good for clearing nests. Moving from feed young can be done in advance, when it is happening move before it drops (On dotting or SS proc) and it wont ever bother you. For downfall, stand close to the boss and try to be in an eclipse when it happens. Roar will save you easy mode. Sometimes i use dash aswell, it's only for a few seconds, falling down is way worse

    On durumu try to move ahead of the beam. And then cast till the beam gets closer. The openings are always quite big, so run to the most right point and you should be able to get 1-2 casts off. Ofcourse take the melee route, ranged route its impossible to cast.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscam View Post
    On tortos, you can multidot when the rockfall happens. The moment the turtles come out, dot them up and you can cast while still moving in time for the rockfall. They don't happen instantly. Also because of your passive dmg reduction there is a good chance you won't lose your shield on the stomp, nice little gain there.

    On ji-kun, it's mostly depending on what your role is. We farm it currently with 3 nest clearers, and 3 boss nukers who only go down twice in total for feathers. I don't think we are particularly good for clearing nests. Moving from feed young can be done in advance, when it is happening move before it drops (On dotting or SS proc) and it wont ever bother you. For downfall, stand close to the boss and try to be in an eclipse when it happens. Roar will save you easy mode. Sometimes i use dash aswell, it's only for a few seconds, falling down is way worse

    On durumu try to move ahead of the beam. And then cast till the beam gets closer. The openings are always quite big, so run to the most right point and you should be able to get 1-2 casts off. Ofcourse take the melee route, ranged route its impossible to cast.
    On Tortos:
    i cast rejuvi on myself to help get the shield higher, and having a 1.8 secon cast time to nuke something on aussie ping that has a slowed missed on it kinda hurts.
    ill need to figure a way around this.

    On Ji-kun:

    im usually on the second lower nest, and if i delay coming up i can get a feed young buff then use my 2 remaining feathers on more of the buff, having to move in for quills also moving to avoid caw and globules is whats hurting me the most on this fight ill try and relax up a bit and see how whell i go.

    Durumu:

    yeah in our guild all range have to take the outert part of the maze due to our rotation for Life Drain, ill try get into melee so i can get off a few casts of my eclipsed state and see if that helps. its just the maze phase that does my dps over, i can burst pretty good to catch up but fall behind a lot on the maze phase.

    Thanks for the info ill give the tips a shot.
    Signature Supplied by Emaluri
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    On Tortos:
    i cast rejuvi on myself to help get the shield higher, and having a 1.8 secon cast time to nuke something on aussie ping that has a slowed missed on it kinda hurts.
    ill need to figure a way around this.

    On Ji-kun:

    im usually on the second lower nest, and if i delay coming up i can get a feed young buff then use my 2 remaining feathers on more of the buff, having to move in for quills also moving to avoid caw and globules is whats hurting me the most on this fight ill try and relax up a bit and see how whell i go.

    Durumu:

    yeah in our guild all range have to take the outert part of the maze due to our rotation for Life Drain, ill try get into melee so i can get off a few casts of my eclipsed state and see if that helps. its just the maze phase that does my dps over, i can burst pretty good to catch up but fall behind a lot on the maze phase.

    Thanks for the info ill give the tips a shot.
    You shouldn't need to rejuv though, you can always dot something while moving. with 4+ eclipsed dots running, you have SS procs to waste.

    I also take the sec nest below for a feather, i heal my grp down for quils, and then we get up a few sec after to catch the food like you described. Avoiding caw seems pointless to me. They don't come with quils and your healers should take care of you there.

    Life drain never happens in the maze? Just go melee and go back range when the beam stops. Not sure why you would go in range maze

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscam View Post
    You shouldn't need to rejuv though, you can always dot something while moving. with 4+ eclipsed dots running, you have SS procs to waste.

    I also take the sec nest below for a feather, i heal my grp down for quils, and then we get up a few sec after to catch the food like you described. Avoiding caw seems pointless to me. They don't come with quils and your healers should take care of you there.

    Life drain never happens in the maze? Just go melee and go back range when the beam stops. Not sure why you would go in range maze
    Ill try these tips lets hope it helps, its just doing my head in like i said.
    i love boomkin spec the burst is awesome and i love the massive numbers, lets hope i can get back into liking it as much as i used to.
    Signature Supplied by Emaluri
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

  10. #10
    Even every boss you just described... you're realistically talking like 18% movement, not 75%. Like other said, moonkin have passive damage reduction and a good hp pool for a reason. Sometimes it's worth getting hit by something that won't kill you in order to get that one last spell off to hit a new eclipse. You said something about renewal... get rid of that. Nature's swiftness is on a cd half as long and a nature's touch crit heals me for close to 275k. That way, if you are in a situation where you need to get a 1.8 second or sometimes a non-nature's graced 2.3 second starfire off... you can absorb a hit, heal yourself back up and enjoy your eclipse.

    Otherwise plan your movement more. If you think you're going to move within 2 seconds, hold on to that starsurge proc. That way once you start to move you begin with the starsurge proc, or conversely, gradually move where you need to go with starsurge procs. Most guilds aren't Method and demand that you be at a very specific point in the healing rain so that 6 people fit in it perfectly while maintaining 5 yard range from one another. Loosely stacked is when you afford to move. Take steps in your globals. Re-dotting you can always reposition yourself to be where you want to go eventually. If you absolutely have to move somewhere for a long time and there's only one mob up, then pray for a SS or at least be in an eclipse and spam your eclipsed dot. It's all you can do but those moments can and should be extremely rare.

    As others have also said, the most heavy movement fight being tortos, there's always a million things to dot, no excuse to drop damage to move there. Once 3-4 things are dotted you will be flooded with SS procs and can run around the whole damn cavern just hitting starsurge. Plan your movement and that way it fails to be a weakness. It also gets better with more gear, so don't worry ^^

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 04:49 AM ----------

    Also drop feline swiftness. Get cat blink or Wild Charge and you can get where you need to soooooooooo much faster. Blink gets you further but puts you in cat form so you lose a global coming out of it (not that bad) or wild charge, you can make a macro to change yourself into caster form to click on a person to fly to and change you back or you can use it as moonkin disengage like hunters. Either option works and is much better for big movement fights than 15% movement speed. I can't even tell you how much more dps I can squeeze out on H Consorts by dpsing until the last moment on Suen to then cat-blink into the meteor shadow for Nuclear Inferno instead of having to run 20 yards 15% faster to get there. Same with H Magaera and kiting blue stuff or getting to stack points, makes lots of heavy movement instances in fights much less scary.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Purrberry View Post
    Even every boss you just described... you're realistically talking like 18% movement, not 75%. Like other said, moonkin have passive damage reduction and a good hp pool for a reason. Sometimes it's worth getting hit by something that won't kill you in order to get that one last spell off to hit a new eclipse. You said something about renewal... get rid of that. Nature's swiftness is on a cd half as long and a nature's touch crit heals me for close to 275k. That way, if you are in a situation where you need to get a 1.8 second or sometimes a non-nature's graced 2.3 second starfire off... you can absorb a hit, heal yourself back up and enjoy your eclipse.

    Otherwise plan your movement more. If you think you're going to move within 2 seconds, hold on to that starsurge proc. That way once you start to move you begin with the starsurge proc, or conversely, gradually move where you need to go with starsurge procs. Most guilds aren't Method and demand that you be at a very specific point in the healing rain so that 6 people fit in it perfectly while maintaining 5 yard range from one another. Loosely stacked is when you afford to move. Take steps in your globals. Re-dotting you can always reposition yourself to be where you want to go eventually. If you absolutely have to move somewhere for a long time and there's only one mob up, then pray for a SS or at least be in an eclipse and spam your eclipsed dot. It's all you can do but those moments can and should be extremely rare.

    As others have also said, the most heavy movement fight being tortos, there's always a million things to dot, no excuse to drop damage to move there. Once 3-4 things are dotted you will be flooded with SS procs and can run around the whole damn cavern just hitting starsurge. Plan your movement and that way it fails to be a weakness. It also gets better with more gear, so don't worry ^^

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 04:49 AM ----------

    Also drop feline swiftness. Get cat blink or Wild Charge and you can get where you need to soooooooooo much faster. Blink gets you further but puts you in cat form so you lose a global coming out of it (not that bad) or wild charge, you can make a macro to change yourself into caster form to click on a person to fly to and change you back or you can use it as moonkin disengage like hunters. Either option works and is much better for big movement fights than 15% movement speed. I can't even tell you how much more dps I can squeeze out on H Consorts by dpsing until the last moment on Suen to then cat-blink into the meteor shadow for Nuclear Inferno instead of having to run 20 yards 15% faster to get there. Same with H Magaera and kiting blue stuff or getting to stack points, makes lots of heavy movement instances in fights much less scary.

    Thanks for the tips ill incorperate them as best as i can into my attempts in tonights raid.
    Signature Supplied by Emaluri
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •