Macro target live turtles

I use elvui now, and I know with other addons I used to be able to disable certain health bars from coming up during encounters. I know on Lord Ryolith you could disable the obsidian health bars and they wouldn't come up. My question is this, Can I disable the bat health bars with elvui, if so how? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do that. Or is there a targeting macro i can use to target only live turtles. I am ranged and trying to go through all those bats is a pain to target a turtle. I am not very macro/ui savvy.

Thanx in advance.

Wonderful Sig made by Torgerd

Have you considered using a different addon that has such features built in? (tidyplates)
    Last edited by Oncereborn; 2013-05-09 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Post was a question not a statement

Yes I have considered that option. But, for ElvUi to be a such a vastly used package and high customization, I am sure something like that would be included?

Until recently the customization options for tuk/elv was pretty much just changing the scale and such. What you want to do is most likely possible, not sure if there is a built in option (I use tukui). You may haveto alter code in order to do what you want (in a notepad file or something) OR download a separate addon to handle what you want to do

Also, have you considered going to the official forums and asking this ?
    http://www.tukui.org/forums/

I really dont wanna mess with code, would I just disable the name plates part of Elv, and get something like tidy plates?

Deleted
    Hiding the Bat Nameplates is no problem. Expand 'Nameplates' in the config, click on Filters, creater a new one for the Bats, you'll have to call it the exact name of the Mob, in this case Vampiric Cave Bat iirc. Then go to the filter via the drop down menu and make sure enable and hide is checked.

As for the macro, I don't really know if this is possible.

Yeh what senfgurke2 said, or if u wana go the tidy plates route, I think you don't need to disable the nameplates tidy plates may override it.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    /tar [nodead] <name of the turtle>

apparently the line above wasn't made of 10 chars so i wrote this to post

dont think it would be possible as the turtles dont really "die" when they become kickable?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    well if they're not dead, you can't do a macro to check life/buffs/whatever