Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    Blizzard need to swallow their pride, admit they got it wrong and give Azeroth back to the people.

    Remove the following things:

    All ability to teleport to Dungeons, Make everyone ride there.
    Remove Flying mounts from Azeroth
    Remove all high level guards from low level towns and villages
    Buff Dungeons so that you actually need to play your class properly
    Remove at least 50% of wind riders and graveyards, get the traffic back on the roads
    Remove Ability to teleport into Battlegrounds, make us go to battlemasters as in the old days (just make more of them to avoid griefers).
    Remove a lot of phasing as it ruins immersion when you chase someone and they suddenly vanish.
    Mister, you just want your ganking lifestyle back (for which I have only discontempt). Admit it.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    yea... sure that'll fix it


    /sarcasm

    sorry, i shall elaborate, removing flying mounts will never fix WoW, removing the casual option will not fix wow.

    SNIP....
    You definitely got that right. I don't think of myself as a casual gamer back when I played WOW but I do know this. I hated flying was taken away even for the leveling process. It was something you earned in game and suddenly it was banned from you. Doesn't matter the reason or how blizzard wanted to slow players down.

    It was one of my top 10 reason listed for leaving wow.

  3. #243
    I am highly sympathetic to the OP's suggestions. The difference between flying over a zone, and actually being among the creatures, dangers and others in the zone is tremendous. If you're skeptical, fly over the Jade Forest in Pandaria, or even Feralas, and then ride back on the ground. The difference is immense.

  4. #244
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    805
    What's done is done, no way back. But the future MMOs need to be like what WOW was, not like it's now. Or unlike WOW at all.
    The QoL changes should have never come, yet now we're too much dependant on them

  5. #245
    From what I heared in the report a lot of players quitting were casuals.
    And from a casual PoV the game is what I believe to be bleak in terms of Heroic Raiding. Valor Capping and finding gold to aquire crafted Gear for Progression take way too long when paired up with the legendary grind and take more time than casuals have. That is without setting one foot inside a Raid.
    Also casuals are hard to entertain and tend to get bored with their mains, flirting with alts, which is an impossible thing to do atm.

    However, there's some hope on the horizon for alts with faster legendary questing and levelling in the next patch and also with the new Scenarios which give much valor and a chance for moderately good items in a quick time investment.


    But lets face it the subscriber decline isn't just caused just by the WoW development team but also by other games. There are Games like TERA or Starwarstor that look better and are free and there's PS4 on the Horizon with games like Deep Down that people see and realize how dated the WoW graphics are
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWIS8x0Sjg8

    If WoW wants to raise subscription numbers then it should be more casualized and a lot of abilities need to be purged so that also console heroes and People with Pads can play it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Themessiah View Post
    I The difference between flying over a zone, and actually being among the creatures, dangers and others in the zone is tremendous
    Partially agree. I levelled through Dungeons and other Zones but came back to Krasang Wilds to do the Quests after I hit 90 and could fly in Pandaland and then I sometimes cought myself riding from/to the questing areas because I felt this was a more immersive and better experience despite being slower than flying was.

    However, there were also bad times without flying like when I earned LV88 through Dungeons but it was a pain to reach the LV88 Questing area because it took way too long to find a way through that stupid wall.
    Corpserunning without the flying Ghostbird also proved either challenging or even impossible at times when I died from knockback on otherwise unreachable Pandaland terrain or from falling after the "crossrealm zone dismount bug".

    I would prefer something like a Hardened shell to dismount enemy players for PvP Realms:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=86584/hardened-shell
    as an Item for everyone that you buy with Honor but it should put a parachute and an ivulnerability Shield on the opponent so they don't die from falling and melee can't be sniped by ranged but instead a fair battle can occur.

    ALso to some of the OP's suggestions:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    #1 Remove All ability to teleport to Dungeons, Make everyone ride there.
    #2 Remove all high level guards from low level towns and villages
    #3 Buff Dungeons so that you actually need to play your class properly
    #4 Remove Flying mounts from Azeroth

    #5 All future expansions should take place in Azeroth, do not add any more zones, just develop the story on Azeroth so it thrives once again.
    If they opened a BC server millions would return, but this would be an admission of doing it wrong and the PR department won't allow that
    #1: Well I have 130Days of Playtime and levelled many Alts but I got no clue where "Razorfen kraul" and many other dungeons are. Imagine how it is for new players to learn the location of all dungeons. Although I'm partially on that with you and would like that people who travel to a dungeon get the same bonus Gold and Valor as people who camp in the city and queue for a random one.

    #2 So you want to recreate the South Park Experience where one random Loser can corpsecamp all low level Players of entire Servers (or nowadays multiple Servers over CrossRealm)

    #3 It has been done and is called "Challenge Mode". Reaching CM Gold is said to be harder than some heroic fights.

    #4 It can take an hour to walk through a continent. Kodos to the Devs for making so much content but if a player's goal is reaching the other end of a continent with all your suggestions like forced PvP that has unavoidable corpsecamping and graveyard removal then said player may never reach the end. What you suggest is a hardcore roleplay world where everything is as hard as it would be @IRL.
    And I don't raid hard for that glowing Cloud Serpent, Frost Dragon , or Pterodactyl to crouch on ground with them. I want to fly them aswell :-)


    #5 So Everything should take place on Azeroth, but a lot of players want to play on Outland. Makes no sense to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    There is no community, no immersion, no "world" anymore.
    Pretty sure that the 100 people on my Realm who kill Oondasta each spawn time disagree about the world part. And the people who crashed our world Server when Nalak got unlocked were also plentiful - at 2.00AM Nighttime.
    Sure, nowadays it's just a party train of constantly swapping random raid members who just cycle through the four World Bosses and use them as Loot Pinatas without putting in any effort but it's still fun.
    Last edited by Fincher; 2013-05-09 at 09:48 PM.

  6. #246
    Completely agree. There is no community, no immersion, no "world" anymore.

    They've turned this into a single player game.

    Log on, queue up to instantely do anything in the game for an hour or two with a couple strangers, log off.

    YOU WIN!

    It's destroyed the game.

  7. #247
    Yeah, I've been playing since Vanilla, and I would hate almost every single one of the OP's ideas if they were implemented.

    Remove teleports to dungeons? I play a warlock, and I know what this would cause. Everyone to sit in SW or wherever and wait for me to get there so that I could summon them. People do that shit NOW, when it's easy as hell to get places. Only way I would even consider this is if they ditched summoning as well.

    Removing flying mounts from Azeroth--why? So that when you're max level you still have to spend minutes riding in boredom to get to where you're going? I don't have a problem forbidding flight until you're past that content, but once that happens, then fly away. Also with removing flight plans. I might agree that there are too many of them now, but there were way way too few back in Vanilla.

    Guards? I don't PVP, so I don't really care about this one. Teleporting into BGs either, by extension, though I think it also falls into the same situation as with dungeons, above.

    Buffing dungeons? I don't understand why people feel that they need to close off accessibility to people who don't reach their arbitrary level of "skill." It's a game, and games should be fun. Granted, steamrolling content isn't always fun either, I can accept that side of the argument and even support it. For example, I have a friend who used to play. He was an OTR truck driver, so he couldn't play at any time and place that he felt like. He didn't care about researching optimal talent builds, ability rotations, and so on. I play on a more-or-less nightly basis. I try to be as good as I possibly can to help my raid group progress. My friend was never going to be as "skilled" as I am at the game. From the arguments that I keep hearing, he shouldn't be allowed to do anything in the game. I call bullshit on this one.

    Phasing, IMO, actually improves immersion, though I don't think that's the word you really mean to use here. Now the world changes along with you. You accomplish something, and the world reflects that. You are now an active part of the world.

    The OP early in his post made a comment about the game being in the players' control. Turns out that the players have exercised that control in making and supporting the choices given to them. None of this was crammed down our throats by Blizzard, saying that we will do these things or else. At least if you're going to be upset about things, direct it at the right people.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Oh, I would hardly say it was the "rehashed" content that turned people off to Cataclysm as opposed to the lack of content and general mediocrity of said content. In fact, I'd say the overall difficulty of heroics at launch had more of an effect on sub losses than rehashed content.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 04:38 PM ----------



    So, how many other subscription MMOs are out there? 2 (Rift and Eve)? It's not about how many subscribers they have. The better barometer is how much money are they pulling in per month around said game. That's not exactly something we can gauge since many F2P MMO companies don't need to report their revenue. As it is, saying they have so many more subscribers than other subscription MMOs is short sighted considering sub MMOs only make up 1-2% of the MMO market as a whole.
    What kind of argument is that? They are not competing with most F2P MMOs (not to mention 90% of F2P MMOs likely don't have the player base of WoW either).

  9. #249
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    What kind of argument is that? They are not competing with most F2P MMOs (not to mention 90% of F2P MMOs likely don't have the player base of WoW either).
    Well, they are competing in China, where the sub loss is the heaviest.

    BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

  10. #250
    First I have to admit, I didn't read the 11 pages of comments, so maybe someone said this.

    If you read the WoW forums, all the casuals complain that the reason they are leaving is because Blizzard has made MoP too elitest like it was in Vanilla/BC. Gearing is too hard due to double and often triple gating (Golden Lotus Exalted to get Shado-Pan or August Celestials, in addition to gating with VP), no new 5 man dungeons in 5.2 giving 476 or 483 epics allowing access to ToT, too many dailies taking up too much time in order to gain rep and access to gear.

    Here lies the problem: If they go back to the Vanilla/BC model casuals aren't happy; if they go back to the Wrath/Cata model hardcores aren't happy.

    Personally, I like how they they have tried to find a balance between the two.

    What I don't like is a post for another day...

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    What kind of argument is that? They are not competing with most F2P MMOs (not to mention 90% of F2P MMOs likely don't have the player base of WoW either).
    Morhaime did point out that the bulk of the decline came from the East, where the competition from free-to-play MMORPGs is fierce. "Given the more competitive market, and the length of time since the last expansion, we do expect further volatility this year," Morhaime said.
    (Source)

    If it's good enough for Morhaime, it's good enough for me and should be more than adequate for you as well.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    As a few of you will know who have seen my recent WOW videos I have returned after a 3 year break to see what has gone wrong with the game I played 6 times a week for 6 years of my life.

    One word can easily sum up what is wrong with WOW and that word is "IMMERSION"

    When I played through Vanilla and BC many years ago this game was incredible, the immersion of the whole experience engulfed you so much that you literally could lose yourself for hours in the world of Azeroth.

    To get immersion the one thing you need is a thriving world and WOW used to have that in abundance. Everywhere was busy, Horde and Alliance would often meet in random places as two guilds were on their way to various Dungeons and this small skirmish would often escalate into a large war.

    The game was total sandbox, no one had any idea what would happen during your daily play time. Our guild would have a plan to maybe go to BRD but on the way we may be ganked by another guild, again this would start a war off which usually ended with both sides calling in other guilds for help. Then when you eventually got into the Dungeon you had to concentrate, use your class well and be prepared for at least a good hour long Dungeon.

    Then we had the questing, quite often I would find my quest areas compromised by Alliance and have to send for help in order to get them to leave, it was great fun. Sure you sometimes were corpse camped but Azeroth was dangerous back then.

    Sometimes we would be in Org discussing what we would be doing when 100 Alliance would storm through the gates to kill Thrall, it was just an amazing living thriving world, totally in the players control.

    Now though it's totally different, the Cities are full but the towns and roads are empty. People don't need to leave their capital city, they can teleport everywhere like lemmings, striving to get gear but for what? So they can dual outside their City gates?

    All over Azeroth the little towns and villages that attracted so much world PvP are now guarded with level 90 Guards. Instead we have to PvP either in the boring battlegrounds or try and find someone questing.

    The trouble is why would anyone be questing now? They can level up in BG's and Dungeons without leaving the AH.

    World PvP is the thing that brought immersion and it was immersion that brought the players and the players brought the money. If you look at a graph of the subscribers you will see a steady rise in Subs while wow was immersive during the Vanilla and BC times but then as WOTL arrived you will see it level off and then fall and it's falling fast now. This is because people left but more important, people left and told others how bad the game had become.

    So lets talk solutions:

    Blizzard need to swallow their pride, admit they got it wrong and give Azeroth back to the people.

    Remove the following things:

    All ability to teleport to Dungeons, Make everyone ride there.
    Remove Flying mounts from Azeroth
    Remove all high level guards from low level towns and villages
    Buff Dungeons so that you actually need to play your class properly
    Remove at least 50% of wind riders and graveyards, get the traffic back on the roads
    Remove Ability to teleport into Battlegrounds, make us go to battlemasters as in the old days (just make more of them to avoid griefers).
    Remove a lot of phasing as it ruins immersion when you chase someone and they suddenly vanish.

    Add the following things

    All future expansions should take place in Azeroth, do not add any more zones, just develop the story on Azeroth so it thrives once again.

    Conclusion

    Ofc none of this will happen as the tears that would be shed could possibly flood the world and wipe us all out. The new breed of player has no balls, has no ability to shake him/herself down after being ganked and certainly has no patience to ride from A to B. Can you imagine the wow players of today trying to survive in Vanilla, they would have a heart attack at how hardcore it used to be. No I am afraid MMO's now are so easy, so spoon fed that the players today simply could not cope with old wow.

    From a business point of view Blizzard are currently their own worst enemy, they are killing the game by making it so easy and forgiving. If they opened a BC server millions would return, but this would be an admission of doing it wrong and the PR department won't allow that
    You're offering the same old solutions that people who played in vanilla always offer. You know what, every time that Bliz makes noises, even joke noises, about some of these things, the entirety of the response is negative.

    I'll take them one at a time, though probably someone has done so already:

    Remove ability to port to dungeons: Tried something sort of like this in the beginning of Cataclysm, where people had to fly to a dungeon before queing for it for the first time. Everyone hated it.

    Remove flying from Azeroth: Various zones/areas don't have flying. People complain constantly about the ganking.

    Remove all high level guards from low level towns and villages: People who quest and have their quest zone killed off completely just quit playing, instead of doing whatever it is you suggest.

    Buff Dungeons so that you actually need to play your class properly: Cataclysm, again. I LOVED the heroics, people not in a guild, or in a casual/inactive guild, HATED them. Who do you think is quitting? casuals or hardcores? 1.3 million is not hardcores, it's casuals.

    Remove at least 50% of wind riders and graveyards, get the traffic back on the roads: Wind riders, ok, not much problem there, graveyards? put traffic back on the roads? when you're dead? I don't see your point here.

    Remove Ability to teleport into Battlegrounds, make us go to battlemasters as in the old days (just make more of them to avoid griefers).: Already not great participation in random bgs, due to the huge gear imbalance. I'm sure if you A: take away flying and B: make people run to them, more people will play them, right? right?

    Remove a lot of phasing as it ruins immersion when you chase someone and they suddenly vanish.: They worked on this, phasing is a lot better than it used to be back in wrath.

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Growing huh, servers full in the EU? Have you logged in lately? As I'm typing this, there's currently 35 low populated servers, one "new players" and one "recommended" which means 37 low populated servers. My server is shrinking for every month that passes, people either transfer off it or quit entirely.

    Whilst I agree that MoP is the best expansion since BC, they are definitely not growing in numbers.

    Edit:
    Oh and the servers I counted were only English speaking ones, if I were to include all the European ones we have an additional 19 German low populated ones, 3 French, 4 Spanish, 1 Russian, 1 Italian for a total sum of 65 low populated servers in Europe alone.
    Low pop servers are just going to continue to get more and more vacant. Nothing is going to stop that. High pop servers are going to continue to get more and more crowded since people have the option to jump ship from their dying server, and especially now that you can even transfer an entire guild off to a more populated server to increase your recruitment pool.

    As for the OP: to me this sounds less like "bring back immersion" and more like "bring back world PvP", because every one of those changes (save the difficult dungeon one) you want is directly linked to how easy it is to avoid world PvP for the non-PvPer.

    And it has been said many, many, many times in the past; there is NOTHING immersive about "LF tank UBRS" for 2+ hours in trade.
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2013-05-09 at 09:46 PM.
    Awesome Sig of Awesome courtesy of Shyama | Warlock Soloing Spreadsheet, original courtesy of Dr. Wuky
    Pokemon X FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Steel safari with Metang, Mawile, and Klefki | PM if you add me

  14. #254
    Scarab Lord Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    4,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Completely agree. There is no community, no immersion, no "world" anymore.

    They've turned this into a single player game.

    Log on, queue up to instantely do anything in the game for an hour or two with a couple strangers, log off.

    YOU WIN!

    It's destroyed the game.
    Yes. Despite GC's scolding of the community for their Anti CRZ stance, it is very much a single player game.

    I think Blizzard is about to swallow their pride and change the Dev team around.
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocuous View Post
    If you read the WoW forums, all the casuals complain that the reason they are leaving is because Blizzard has made MoP too elitest like it was in Vanilla/BC. Gearing is too hard due to double and often triple gating (Golden Lotus Exalted to get Shado-Pan or August Celestials, in addition to gating with VP), no new 5 man dungeons in 5.2 giving 476 or 483 epics allowing access to ToT, too many dailies taking up too much time in order to gain rep and access to gear.
    The official forums of most MMOs are not a very good barometer of the truth as opposed to loud, obnoxious hyperbole.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocuous View Post
    Here lies the problem: If they go back to the Vanilla/BC model casuals aren't happy; if they go back to the Wrath/Cata model hardcores aren't happy.
    WoW had 11 million subscribers prior to WotLK's release. I'm not inclined to believe that time was filled with "hardcores".

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 05:48 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    Remove flying from Azeroth: Various zones/areas don't have flying. People complain constantly about the ganking.
    This is a joke, right? The only way you can be ganked is to play on a PvP server. Playing on a PvP server is supposed to introduce the danger of getting attacked at any moment. If you don't want to be ganked, you shouldn't be on a PvP server. That argument for keeping flying mounts around is quite possibly the dumbest. The only reason they should keep any of this shit is because Blizzard already implemented it and you can't just remove shit once you've brought it in. It's like asking a jury to disregard a statement made during a trial.

    As for phasing in Wrath, there wasn't much of it. The real problem with phasing arrived in Cataclysm in places like Hyjal.

  16. #256
    If I had a nickle for every person convinced the ideal version of WoW they invented in their head was the 'right' was WoW should be, I'd have a hell of a lot of nickles. And if Blizzard acquiesced to even a handful of them, the game would be an incoherent mess of contradictions subscribed to by - you guessed it! - that one person, and just about no one else.

    WoW has made mistakes, but most of the decisions that have been made by Blizzard were the 'correct' decision to make the best game for the majority of players. Now might it have been foolish to give in to popular demand in certain cases? In hind sight, of course, but no one knows at the time of implementation which decision is the silly one and which is the successful one. For example, if I told you a month before the BC release that flying mounts were going to become a major point of contention, almost every player would have scoffed at me for being a Blizzard hater. And you know what? They'd have been right! Flying mounts were a logical addition, and a fairly successful one, until the implementation guided subsequent content such as the Cataclysm revamp.

    Basically the conclusion to take away is that WoW has always been, and will be until the last server goes down, a massive experiment. The things we love most in this game were a result of trial and error, and the things we've come to hate about this game are, well, examples of some of those errors. To suggest that you know best how to do a top to bottom overhaul isn't just foolish, and it isn't just egocentric, it's also attempting to take credit for realizations that have been a decade in the making thanks to countless hours of Blizzard developers. What you're doing with this thread (and everyone else who makes threads like these) is akin to saying the last word in someone else's sentence and trying to assert that you totally had that idea all along. Blizzard knows this game has weak links, everyone in the community knows this game has weak links, but it's a lot more complicated than just deleting this, swallowing pride on that, and bazing perfect game!

  17. #257
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    Blizzard doesn't swallow. Blizzard spits (all over its fanbase).
    Then teach them a lesson with your wallet... if you already have then you need to consider asking yourself why you are stalking your ex-game.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    The official forums of most MMOs are not a very good barometer of the truth as opposed to loud, obnoxious hyperbole.



    WoW had 11 million subscribers prior to WotLK's release. I'm not inclined to believe that time was filled with "hardcores".

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 05:48 PM ----------



    This is a joke, right? The only way you can be ganked is to play on a PvP server. Playing on a PvP server is supposed to introduce the danger of getting attacked at any moment. If you don't want to be ganked, you shouldn't be on a PvP server. That argument for keeping flying mounts around is quite possibly the dumbest. The only reason they should keep any of this shit is because Blizzard already implemented it and you can't just remove shit once you've brought it in. It's like asking a jury to disregard a statement made during a trial.

    As for phasing in Wrath, there wasn't much of it. The real problem with phasing arrived in Cataclysm in places like Hyjal.


    A lot of people started to play on PVP servers after flying was a thing, now that it's not in some areas they are qqing loudly. I get that it's part of it, and I accept it (I'm on Kil'Jaeden US, which is PVP) but that doesn't mean people don't complain. People complain, and then quit, or quit and then complain. either way, "casuals" HATE this aspect of Isle of thunder.

    Remember, we're talking about why/when people leave, right now it's casuals, en masse, since I doubt there are 1.3 million hardcores in the world.

    Phasing in Wrath, you ever complete the argent quests and then try to summon at ICC? That's where it was the worst and caused the most problems.

  19. #259
    You seem to be confusing what Blizzard should do, with what I want them to do.

  20. #260
    Warchief Statix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    Remove the following things:

    All ability to teleport to Dungeons, Make everyone ride there.
    Remove Flying mounts from Azeroth
    Remove all high level guards from low level towns and villages
    Buff Dungeons so that you actually need to play your class properly
    Remove at least 50% of wind riders and graveyards, get the traffic back on the roads
    Remove Ability to teleport into Battlegrounds, make us go to battlemasters as in the old days (just make more of them to avoid griefers).
    Remove a lot of phasing as it ruins immersion when you chase someone and they suddenly vanish.

    Add the following things

    All future expansions should take place in Azeroth, do not add any more zones, just develop the story on Azeroth so it thrives once again.
    No. A big, fat 100% absolute, motherf**king hell no. Those aspects of the game made the game better. It's obvious you are one of those lousy low level character gankers, otherwise you wouldn't be whining about high level guards in low level towns and villages. Leveling alts is already a pain in the ass and you wanna remove flight paths and graveyards? Man, gtfo.

    All future expansions should take place in Azeroth. They did that in Cataclysm and that worked out so well, didn't it?

    The decline is WoW subcribers is mostly in Asia, which isn't all that surprising. All the shit you see in the game, they live in a real world like that. Would you wanna play a game that is almost exactly as your real life is? No.

    Dailies aren't helping, but the real problem is the fact that you have to do them to gain reputation with certain factions. Bring back rep tabards. Bring back an awesome story. Don't introduce boring characters such as Deathwing. Blizzard is simply milking the cow, they are adding extra expansions into the mix because they see $ signs. But alas, the community isn't falling for it. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, stop bringing old instances to the maximum level. All Blizzard is doing, is giving us less new stuff. Look at how much instances there were throughout WotLK. Look how unique and new they were. Instead in Cataclysm we get Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep at level 85. Give me a break.

    Blizzard just puts less and less effort into creating new stuff. Who cares if we can do Deadmines again? I want new Dungeons that play into the story, like Utgarde, where the Lich King appears and empowers a boss. Wanna bring back an old instance? Put a new story in it, like Naxxramas.

    WotLK did, as I recall, everything right. Cataslysm was just bad. Mists of Pandaria is a lot better on a lot of fronts, but also continues the decline by introducing 463453452 dailies we have to do each day for rep. Blizzard is, I've said it before, just milking us. They don't give us a lot of unique content, no, they make us farm 32423 dailies every day for rep so they keep getting paid without actually having given us something awesome in return. Blizzard is doing this more and more.

    What Blizzard needs to do is stop dumbing the game down, needs to introduce another epic story and, above all else, needs to stop with bringing old content back. Bring back the WoW as it was in WotLK.
    Statix will suffice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •