Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caninese View Post
    The only thing I somewhat agree with is the level 90 guard problem. It's kind of annoying when you walk by a place of the opposite faction and their guards one-shot your alt. There is also the problem of not being able to enter bases to kill your. Before, if someone ran into town, I'd run in after them and take them out. Now, you can't do that. The guards should scale by zone level and by the level of the attacker. IE: Default guard level for Thrallmar Guards (Level 60), but if someone of a higher level attacks, higher level guards should spawn whether they are level 60, 70, 80, etc.
    This is a good idea.

But they'd have to spawn them quickly, because 1 lvl 90 can rape a whole town in just a few seconds.

WoW got successful by making content that you couldn't clear instantly, and that took time, skill, and effort - stuff like LFR, while giving instant gratification, makes the game boring, plus killing off 5 mans didn't help, 5 mans were the backbone of wow, and scenarios, while queueing faster, just don't make up for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    Not for me personally, I work full time; but for some unemployed people (which A LOT of the WoW population is) it's too much.
    My ex GM's toon name is Unemployment.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Subscription numbers don't reflect your sweeping claim.
    They don't disprove it either.

It's better than it was before, but it's still old. 8+ million people still playing an 8+ year old game is good proof that it's still popular.

Apparently WoW can't sustain itself with millions of active subscribers. /eyeroll

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    People move on, find something new, there is still millions of people playing the game, I have no idea why wow has this following of X players trying to convince people that the game is dead/bad/outdated and there needs to be huge changes.

They just need to move on, you no longer enjoy the game, enjoy your memory's of the good times you have and play something else
    Opinion =/= fact, just remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So the number of subscribers define the quality of the game?
    See above. It's one of your favorite counter arguments, you should've seen it coming.

The world is still there, just it is more accessible than ever.
    But despite that accessibility, the player base is lazier than ever.
    People will spend increasing amounts of time stood in a city demanding summons when the travel is easier than ever before.
    People will sit in a city in a dungeon/raid queue and moan about how long the queue is, while doing absolutely nothing.

The casual argument keeps coming up from stupid players who cant accept that the game only survives due to catering to more than a small minority.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    WoW got successful by making content that you couldn't clear instantly, and that took time, skill, and effort - stuff like LFR, while giving instant gratification, makes the game boring, plus killing off 5 mans didn't help, 5 mans were the backbone of wow, and scenarios, while queueing faster, just don't make up for them.
    There are plenty of tiers of content many people still don't clear, and some do not see at all.
    LFR is not about instant gratification, but about offering options to the time constrained.
    Those who are perfectly capable of normal or heroic tiers are still participating in LFR, yet will turn around and criticise the "easy mode" yet are in it for that exact reason.

The hardcore community used to be people you could look up to, but the endless whining and expectations of entitlement really ruins what they once stood for.

Did we ask for LFR to be below normal difficulty ?
    No, but we were grateful for an option where we would not be penalised for not being able manage several consecutive hours.
    If we get interrupted in an organised raid setting then everyone else in the group suffers.
    In LFR we can just be replaced and pick up where we left off later.
    The difficulty is nothing to do with that.

Do we complain that there is content too hard for us ?
    Do we complain there is content not aimed at just us ?
    No, pity you cannot follow that same example.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-05-09 at 10:57 PM.

I got an idea.

Stop waiting for someone to invite you to grp...

If everyone did that, and was less judgemental, a lot of people would be happier.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Your way of thinking is sensible, however, things won't work like that.

No private server is completely "Blizzlike". Private servers are horribly bugged, especially where it matters most, i.e. raiding, and there are certain elements like drop rate which are changed compared to original WoW. That makes those servers not as fun as the real thing. People would surely pay for a genuine Blizzard server because it would be free of bugs and 100% Blizzlike. On the other hand some people won't but they're the minority.
    Untrue. Feenix released a new 100% Blizzlike progression server with exact copy raid scripts called Emerald Dream a short while ago, which has roughly the same number of bugs that Vanilla WoW itself had.

It's free.

We'll another well-written post.

But it will never happen. I to renember the day when world pvp exsisted. Now that is more a form off 100% griefing, and very rarely you would find propor world pvp. Back inn Cataclysme and WOTLK when I was very bored, I would often go look for people to gank, hopefully starting some fun...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Two wrongs don't make a right
    Don't you mean, two Worgs don't make a Wright? ^_-

Edit: I love these "i came back to see why it sucks" posts.

There is nothing wrong with the game.
    What is wrong is You. It's not entertaining you at the lvl of you convinced yourself you were once entertained at.
    You can't eat pizza every fucking day of your life for years then get mad cause you are over it eventually. You changed, not thepizza.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2013-05-09 at 10:54 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two wrongs don't make a right
    But two lefts make a backtrack...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

WoW doesn't need "Saving".

Blizzard's changes to WoW that they have made over time are the reason for its longevity.

The game right now is higher quality than it has ever been.

Subscription numbers are dropping because the game is old.

This has happened to every game that has ever existed. The variance is only in how long the game lasts, but not game lasts forever.

The game will be supported for a good long while even from now. Even if it were to drop below below 1 million or even 500k active subs sometime 5 or more years from now the game will still be supported (you just won't see content as often).

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently decided to take a break for SC2, and my major problem is the way content was delivered to me.

I get 3 or so heroic bosses down before the guild I was in crapped out so I just descended into this spiral of acceptance and real life. It was never really about the gratification of actually raiding, more like the people. On their own, achievements, questing, grinding, and raiding are extremely fun for me but in moderation. They're trying to connect these different aspects using different routes where (for anyone in their right mind for progression) has to get X reputations and do X quests which aren't really related but necessary for an optimal gameplay.

Since at first you had to do 354356 dailies at the beginning of raiding, I got sick of questing. Did I want to enjoy pandaria's reputation questlines? Nope, because reading them would make me late to raids. Those annoying charms things are what really gets me, chances for loot dropping? I really like how I am basically forced to do dailies if I don't want to look like an idiot in a raid. I also dislike the black prince rep, it makes the legendary status of the items you're getting (gems w/e) feel like glorified reputation enchants with no real point.

Not like it will ever happen, but I really miss the vanilla/BC feeling of the game. Where the world is actually a world and it encompases you, and you feel like you're in something. Instead of just hitting your mount button and flying for 2 minutes to get where you want by num lock, you'd get this scenic mount run. I just feel like the depth of the game has been removed seriously. Flying mounts worked well in BC because of how most of the land was empty space but had floating objects and things to deepen it's depth, it just felt right. Northrend and Pandaria feel a whole lot like a giant piece of land with pretty non-fluid parts of content.

Idk, I feel like I'm being a debby downer.
    Last edited by Solemnity; 2013-05-09 at 10:56 PM.

Deleted
    I don't recall last time i spend time outside stormwind. It's simply not needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    I don't recall last time i spend time outside stormwind. It's simply not needed.
    Funny, I don't recall when I last spent more than 10 min in Orgrimmar.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

I am so fucking sick of this "immersion" argument.

This game never gave you a deeply immersing experience; no video game really does other than a few very artistic endeavors.

You know what not having flying mounts and the like is? Annoying. It doesn't feel like "being part of the world" just because the developer forces you to make all of your travel annoyingly protracted. The game is losing subscriptions for reasons that are largely unrelated to any of the crap you're talking about. The game faces stiff competition in Asia from very well-made and well-kept F2P games (including the newly F2P Blade and Soul, which is pretty popular, whether it's the biggest game or not) and that's where the biggest subscriber loss came from - which is odd, since the Asian countries operate on a different pay-scheme than the west does.

You're basically saying "take the game back to the time when only college freshmen with nothing but time on their hands could get anywhere, that'll save it." No, it won't.

The game is fine as it is - they've made some incredible strides since launch and the only way this game is a failure to you is if you want it to be some kind of life simulator (there's no other reason to complain about the world being sparsely populated by players - why does it matter to you if zones you rarely visit have anyone in them? Isle of Thunder is where most players spend their out-of-capital-city time and it's bustling) and it isn't. I think the majority of people who want the game to go backwards are people who DID spend tons of time during BC/Vanilla on the game and thus were "above" the majority of players who weren't - that's not a good reason to gut great features from a game, just because some old guard want their glory days back. I played pretty seriously at certain points in Vanilla and the latter half of BC and didn't really play consistently until Sunwell was nearing its end. I don't miss most of the things the game had back then like having to get so much rep to get a key to be able to do certain five mans on heroic.

I'm not necessarily saying the OP is asking to hearken back to Vanilla systems but there never was any real immersion in this game; you don't feel immersed in the world of Azeroth when you play this game - how could you? I mean sure, in Vanilla when you didn't have anything to compare our current feature set to, there was a gritty acceptance of slow world travel and dungeon meet-ups. I played back then too; I remember plenty of things that aren't true now and I remember before the game had meeting stones - yes it was kind of neat to have to spam zone chat looking for classes and to send a representative to Ironforge to get the last person you needed for your UBRS group..or to not even be able to RUN UBRS because no one had a key...wait...that wasn't fun at all.

I'll give you one thing - some of the old gating mechanisms like attunements and key quests were immersive; it was kind of cool to have to build a key to get to a dungeon but it was novel at best and I wouldn't trade how the game runs now to bring it back - I'm older, I don't have as much time for so many tasks as I used to and I certainly can't play as much as I used to. If you want to know why the game has lost subscribers, take a look at a calendar.

Plus, Blizzard still does some cool stuff as a nod to the olden days - look at the Thunder Forge; I was very charmed when they introduced it along with recipes you have to make at the TF - it reminded me of crafting FR gear and FrR gear at the black anvil and I remembered smelting dark iron - those were cool things but they just don't have much of a place in the game anymore.

It's 2013, this game is eight years and five months old man - it's extremely impressive that it still has that many players being this old.

Also, you sound like you think the biggest problem with the game is that there are no longer random faction world PvP encounters on a regular basis. They've been gone for a long time and only people on PvP servers even bothered with them - I never randomly engaged in a "war" outside of a raid in Vanilla or BC and I wouldn't have wanted to - I'm there to wait for my raid to start, not waste a portion of my limited raid time doing fruitless PvP.
    Last edited by Olrox; 2013-05-09 at 11:16 PM. Reason: edited for clarity
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    Remove the following things:

All ability to teleport to Dungeons, Make everyone ride there.
    Remove Flying mounts from Azeroth
    Remove all high level guards from low level towns and villages
    Buff Dungeons so that you actually need to play your class properly
    Remove at least 50% of wind riders and graveyards, get the traffic back on the roads
    Remove Ability to teleport into Battlegrounds, make us go to battlemasters as in the old days (just make more of them to avoid griefers).
    Reading all that suddenly reminded me of an old t-shirt..

If you're upset about conveniences, I suppose you have a right to that opinion. I also have the right to laugh, and point back at the shirt picture as a gesture of my lack of agreement.

#FlightIsImportant

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    A lot of people started to play on PVP servers after flying was a thing, now that it's not in some areas they are qqing loudly. I get that it's part of it, and I accept it (I'm on Kil'Jaeden US, which is PVP) but that doesn't mean people don't complain. People complain, and then quit, or quit and then complain. either way, "casuals" HATE this aspect of Isle of thunder.

Remember, we're talking about why/when people leave, right now it's casuals, en masse, since I doubt there are 1.3 million hardcores in the world.

Phasing in Wrath, you ever complete the argent quests and then try to summon at ICC? That's where it was the worst and caused the most problems.
    Yeah, I remember that phasing problem, but it was fixed pretty quickly. As for people starting to play on PvP servers after flying mounts came into existence, that's still their problem. If they can't figure out what PvP means, they're morons. Sorry, but it's true. I don't remember there being a giant cryfest back during 2.4 with the lack of flying on the Isle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    If they opened a BC server millions would return
    I highly doubt that.

Sure, "millions" (perhaps a few hundred thousands, a million tops) would return initially but it wouldn't have the ability to sustain a server population. Not in the long run.

Rose-tinted glasses and all.