Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    Flying mounts are not the problem. We had Flying mounts at the end of BC and the game kept growing through the middle of Wrath.

It's pretty simple, IMO, why WoW is dying. It's an old game with a subscription cost in an age of new games that are free to play.

Why would anyone who's not already addicted to WoW opt to pay $15 a month when they can play a F2P game that's newer?
    New games aren't that different from wow at the end of the day.
    The problem isn't the sub, I'd be happy to pay if what I get is worth the money spent.

10+ Year Old Account
    So tired of seeing these "I got the Solution!" threads for WoW -.-.-. Every thread I've seen has the same "solutions", why are people hating on my Purple Firehawk and Crimson Cloud Serpent. LEAVE MY FLYING MOUNTS ALONE! lol.

Either which way, as funny as all these changes are, they will never happen lol. You're basically saying to scrap every single change made since Vanilla, I know Blizzard can be assholes at times, but to the Developers who have been around for years it's just disrespectful. It's their job to keep evolving the game, it'd be rather fucked up to scrap all the work they've put into the game over the course of, what is it, 9 years? And for what? For burnt out players like OP? Dude, you said you played 6 days out of the week for 6 years straight? The game may be lacking some immersion, but with your play time, you lost immersion in life lol.

So stop suggesting to take away all the goodies players have worked for throughout expansions just to fill that void of constant nerd grind you had 6 years straight. If you don't like the game you could just unsub, I don't see in what world do you think these changes would actually occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    As a few of you will know who have seen my recent WOW videos I have returned after a 3 year break to see what has gone wrong with the game I played 6 times a week for 6 years of my life.
    Now that is what Blizzard should do, cater to people's cynicism!! Everybody loves to complain, more so about WoW it seems.

New slogan..."COME BACK TO AZEROTH, WE'LL GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO BITCH ABOUT"

Also you bullet list a bunch of things that would encourage ganking/griefing in a PvE setting and then near the end want to avoid griefing but for PvP?

Honestly, saw nothing new in this post, just regurgitation of the same old complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    New games aren't that different from wow at the end of the day.
    The problem isn't the sub, I'd be happy to pay if what I get is worth the money spent.
    If new games aren't different from WoW then the only deciding factor left is the sub. Why pay $15 a month for a game when there's one that's just the same for free?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'm just gonna say it. OP, Worst. Ideas. Ever. Uttered!

So you want them to make all people have worked on for years meaningless in the game.
    You want them make ganking in the game associated so you can piss off low level players.
    You want to make dungeons harder for people so more casual players quit.
    You want to have players run miles to raid dungeons so nothing happened at all.
    you want there to be 1 battleground a day.
    You want the questing system to be a dull as vanilla.

oh yes because that worked soooo well for cataclysm didn't it, people so enjoyed blizzard focusing all there effort into revamping the old world, and reusing old dungeons they'd played a million times before.

These ideas are just plain awful.
    Trassk, Has been a while
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn man. You started out so well and ended with another world PvP thread.
    I agree large part of the immersion is gone.
    I disagree with the rest of your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Trassk, Has been a while
    /carmen sandiego hat tip
    #boycottchina

The OP ignores changes in the player base and changes in game lifecycle. You want to revert the game to the way it was back then, but that won't change the fact that back then the game was new to many players, and that the experience was new to many. When I started playing (tragically) a mere 5 years ago, I found the game engrossing, and that there was a world, etc. it probably wasn't as great as yours, though.

Now, I grant you, it seems like 2-3 months after the expac -which was excellent - a lot of people have dropped subs, and this was backed by Blizzard's statement. But if I log on during prime time, there are plenty of people, crafters available, etc.

You seem to be falling into the age old trap of fondly remembering the early days of, well, it doesn't matter, and thinking that if you could just go back to when it was shiny and new, everything would be great again. People, families, companies, and communities are in a constant state of change. You change with them or you move on. If your time has come, farewell, friend. Personally, I've been quitting WoW for over two years, so they must be doing something right.

Deleted
    Remove the following things:

All ability to teleport to Dungeons, Make everyone ride there.
    Remove Flying mounts from Azeroth
    Remove all high level guards from low level towns and villages
    Buff Dungeons so that you actually need to play your class properly
    Remove at least 50% of wind riders and graveyards, get the traffic back on the roads
    Remove Ability to teleport into Battlegrounds, make us go to battlemasters as in the old days (just make more of them to avoid griefers).
    Remove a lot of phasing as it ruins immersion when you chase someone and they suddenly vanish.
    I wouldnt mind at all. Would be fun to actually have some action somewhere again

As a few of you will know who have seen my recent WOW videos I have returned after a 3 year break to see what has gone wrong with the game I played 6 times a week for 6 years of my life.

One word can easily sum up what is wrong with WOW and that word is "IMMERSION"

When I played through Vanilla and BC many years ago this game was incredible, the immersion of the whole experience engulfed you so much that you literally could lose yourself for hours in the world of Azeroth.

To get immersion the one thing you need is a thriving world and WOW used to have that in abundance. Everywhere was busy, Horde and Alliance would often meet in random places as two guilds were on their way to various Dungeons and this small skirmish would often escalate into a large war.

The game was total sandbox, no one had any idea what would happen during your daily play time. Our guild would have a plan to maybe go to BRD but on the way we may be ganked by another guild, again this would start a war off which usually ended with both sides calling in other guilds for help. Then when you eventually got into the Dungeon you had to concentrate, use your class well and be prepared for at least a good hour long Dungeon.

Then we had the questing, quite often I would find my quest areas compromised by Alliance and have to send for help in order to get them to leave, it was great fun. Sure you sometimes were corpse camped but Azeroth was dangerous back then.

Sometimes we would be in Org discussing what we would be doing when 100 Alliance would storm through the gates to kill Thrall, it was just an amazing living thriving world, totally in the players control.

Now though it's totally different, the Cities are full but the towns and roads are empty. People don't need to leave their capital city, they can teleport everywhere like lemmings, striving to get gear but for what? So they can dual outside their City gates?

All over Azeroth the little towns and villages that attracted so much world PvP are now guarded with level 90 Guards. Instead we have to PvP either in the boring battlegrounds or try and find someone questing.

The trouble is why would anyone be questing now? They can level up in BG's and Dungeons without leaving the AH.

World PvP is the thing that brought immersion and it was immersion that brought the players and the players brought the money. If you look at a graph of the subscribers you will see a steady rise in Subs while wow was immersive during the Vanilla and BC times but then as WOTL arrived you will see it level off and then fall and it's falling fast now. This is because people left but more important, people left and told others how bad the game had become.

So lets talk solutions:

Blizzard need to swallow their pride, admit they got it wrong and give Azeroth back to the people.

Remove the following things:

All ability to teleport to Dungeons, Make everyone ride there.
    Remove Flying mounts from Azeroth
    Remove all high level guards from low level towns and villages
    Buff Dungeons so that you actually need to play your class properly
    Remove at least 50% of wind riders and graveyards, get the traffic back on the roads
    Remove Ability to teleport into Battlegrounds, make us go to battlemasters as in the old days (just make more of them to avoid griefers).
    Remove a lot of phasing as it ruins immersion when you chase someone and they suddenly vanish.

Add the following things

All future expansions should take place in Azeroth, do not add any more zones, just develop the story on Azeroth so it thrives once again.

Conclusion

Ofc none of this will happen as the tears that would be shed could possibly flood the world and wipe us all out. The new breed of player has no balls, has no ability to shake him/herself down after being ganked and certainly has no patience to ride from A to B. Can you imagine the wow players of today trying to survive in Vanilla, they would have a heart attack at how hardcore it used to be. No I am afraid MMO's now are so easy, so spoon fed that the players today simply could not cope with old wow.

From a business point of view Blizzard are currently their own worst enemy, they are killing the game by making it so easy and forgiving. If they opened a BC server millions would return, but this would be an admission of doing it wrong and the PR department won't allow that

HaHaHa i couldnt had said it better my self..

Being a player from back in the old days, even played Us closed beta, even the Korean closed beta and finally Eu beta, todays players wouldnt survive a day or two back then..

Holy crap i miss chasing ppl down BRM "Me being a rogue back then" or ganking in Tarren mill, in and out, ambushing a poor mage, getting the guards on my tail half the way down to Southshore.. Both sides lined up at the guard tower, runnig back and forth. Ganking ppl all the time, in every map, every chance u had.. Shit u didnt know what u would meet down the road... Riding all by ur self meeting a hole guild, its quite a nice experience.. HAHAHAHA Been there, done that, and survived..

What u have written is true, all too true, but with the new generation of players "Lazy ass MF if u ask me" Blizzard makes the game mainsteam to fit all kind of players, its both a good thing and a bad thing.

The most important thing Blizz has forgotten is the world it self, there isnt any ppl in it any more.

As u also stated, take away all the above and merge low pop servers, get more ppl on the server, more vibrant, more alive. Back in vanilla the servers couldnt even handle two guilds with 40 ppl on each side, duking it out down in Tanaris with out crashing the servers. For the love of GOD Blizz u should be able to have a decent set of servers by now, so we can do this kind of things without the gadd damm BG´s.... This is the heart of WOW two factions against each other, thats what the game is all about. BUT, a big one, it needs to move out from the Bg´s and in too the world once again.

As for my self, im having a hard time to play now days, with a wife and two kids, but some time´s i get really psyched, i login, i look at my toon for maybe 30 60 sec, and remember once again, why the hell im i playing this game any more, there isnt something to, beside´s from doing some dungeon´s with some obnoxious spoiled brat on the other side, who where like 3 years old when i started playing this game, screaming at all the ppl in grp.. Or do some Bg´s with 20 bots out of 40 ppl playing, and the other 20 ppl are running around like headless chickens?? Or go out into the world, actually ride "not fly" through the world, not even seeing another player for hours while farming nods or herbs...

I know its long gone, the the wow i knew, when dungeon´s took more then 15 30 min, when u actually needed to get to the entrence of the dungeon to enter. Meeting ppl in towns grouping up for a elit quest or just questing in a group just for fun, having a chat about where u from or what u do for living.

Almost every friend i have, who played wow stopped playing, ok we played since day one, the game is getting old, its not new and exciting any more, like it was in the two first expansions...

I think blizz really needs to think the next expansions over, to get it right or they will loose even more subs, but i think there may only be one or two expansions, then Titan or what its called, will be released and wow will at last die... I hope, we need something new...

When i started playing wow the average age of the player where above 23-25, now its down to maybe 11-13?? Im 34 to day and i still love to playing
    game´s and especially MMO´s when i have spare time, but i wanna do it with friends, and its quite hard when every one stops playing, becouse the game´s suck and ppl in it too, it has gotten to ELIT, u need to be best of the best, highst on the Dps, and if u r not, u r are a NOOB and get screamed at. And this come´s from the player segment, players who are 11-16 of age. A bunch of kids who dont care about anything else but them self. Not all of them, but many. Sad but true.... The new wave of players in the mmo world..

The MMO scene needs to shape up.

Crap i didnt mean to do a long write up... Thats my 2 cent on the hole thing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Fact of the matter is, people want new. They want new things to play with, new things to experience, new hobbies and activities to work towards, with a sense of accomplisment from it.

Wow, even if it pours a couple of new things into it, its really just the same old thing. new dungeons and enviroments? Yeah, but to get the same old points and grinding daily quests for the same rep grind as always. New battle grounds? More like the same battle ground design with a slight tweek on a preexisting one.

and even if the developers did complete revamp there design approach to whatever new max level content comes after mists, you will still have all that came before it.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    @!#% Your casual players, they are the reason we have lost the game we love,

IF YOU DONT HAVE TIME TO PLAY A GAME, DONT PLAY IT!!

Great post, 100% agreed.
    Casual players is what fuels this game, without them any elitist hardcore raider or die-hard pvp gamer with minimum 2400 in arena wouldn't have a game to play. Bad players and retarded whiners plague the game and the community. Not casuals.

When i started playing wow the average age of the player where above 23-25, now its down to maybe 11-13??
    [citation needed]
    it has gotten to ELIT, u need to be best of the best, highst on the Dps, and if u r not, u r are a NOOB and get screamed at. And this come´s from the player segment, players who are 11-16 of age. A bunch of kids who dont care about anything else but them self.
    so people who want other's to perform better when they are playing with them since the success hinges on everyone performing to a certain extend are selfish but player who do shitty dps and hold back 2/4/9/24 other people aren't?

k....
    Last edited by Enosh; 2013-05-11 at 01:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Casual players is what fuels this game, without them any elitist hardcore raider or die-hard pvp gamer with minimum 2400 in arena wouldn't have a game to play. Bad players and retarded whiners plague the game and the community. Not casuals.
    I mean I don't think these people get it. The problem is PEOPLE STOPPED PLAYING THE GAME. Making it more of a time sink won't stop that.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

The more I think about things the bigger question I have is this.

Why did I stop playing? Simple - After Wrath, I stopped having fun.

Why did I suddenly stop having fun? Combination of things... LFD changed my standards of fun, and the change back to BC-Style dungeons was slow, tedius and unfun to me. The style of the game was in the toilet (can't speak for MoP, cus I stopped right before it came out), Raids became boring 4-6 bosses standing in glorified hotel lobbies instead of raiding a full-on palace (ICC, Ulduar, even Naxx (hush Vanilla fans! :P)). The main villain had NO story or connection save for him randomly burning patches of land. Gear design looked aweful. next to NOTHING you could do with your Justice/Valor after gear upgrades. Blech, The game just became an akward bunch of "meh"...

Things looked up with 5.whatever - the one with DS and Darkmoon faire island. LOVED Darkmoon Island! Thought the the 3 new dungeons were only OK... good pacing but they got old REAL fast due to stupidly putting those three on a separate timer. I liked LFR a LOT - but even I'll admit the DS "design" (or lack thereof) really showed...

CRZ's implementation on my PVE server is what drove me back away...

So, after saying ALL that - I simply have to ask this of those who left durring MoP. Is there a problem with who the MoP content was designed for... or is it rather simply that the MoP content isn't fun to play for anybody regardless of casual/hardcore? Is it REALLY just the difficulty? or could it be more than that? Maybe the players simply don't feel like they have control? That they don't ask "what can I do today" vs "Damnit, I got to hit ALL these things today!"

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

So, after saying ALL that - I simply have to ask this of those who left durring MoP. Is there a problem with who the MoP content was designed for... or is it rather simply that the MoP content isn't fun to play for anybody regardless of casual/hardcore? Is it REALLY just the difficulty? or could it be more than that? Maybe the players simply don't feel like they have control? That they don't ask "what can I do today" vs "Damnit, I got to hit ALL these things today!"
    I would say that overall quality of design has gone way down since the BC/LK days, and this has really not much to do with easy vs difficult game play. Blizzard has gotten lazy for sure.

Another problem that even the most casual of players will become bored of being spoon fed quick, easy content, especially when they eat it up at a incredible rate due to its ease of access. They can accomplish the new content in a matter of days, which then leaves nothing left to do afterwards but wait until the next content release. Its just become a mindless grind that provides very little challenge instead of something that invokes a thought process. I believe what caused the success of the game in the early years, it used to make people think about things (I know it hurts for some people to think, but it worked). Blizzard has made its own monster with this in that they're stuck having to release content more rapidly or lose subs. This of course is a purely losing battle at this point for Blizzard.

There has been a numberof bad design choices in WoW over the past few years which seem to have condensed into what we have today.

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    [citation needed]

so people who want other's to perform better when they are playing with them since the success hinges on everyone performing to a certain extend are selfish but player who do shitty dps and hold back 2/4/9/24 other people aren't?

k....
    As i stated before the game has become to Elitish. That said and to Answer Enosh:

Ok if u r in guild that try´s to progress i understand that u need to be top of u r class, but in dungeon´s, give the guy a brake, its maybe he´s first time in it, the thing is, most players forget that they also have been new to the game at some point and where equal crapy as the guy they are hammering.

If a guild recruit a player thats not on top of he´s class, dont hammer him, help him, talk to him, insteed of shooting him down, have seen this kind of behavior a 1000 time´s with players that live at home, no job, playing 24/7 and they expect every one else can do the same...

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I left a month after MoP and only recently came back, so here's my answer to this: I left for a combination of reasons, mainly because doing the stupid Golden Lotus/Klaxxi dailies got boring after about the first week, and knowing that I had to keep doing GL dailies in order to UNLOCK more dailies (Shado-pan and Celestials) was total BS. I didn't mind doing some dailies (I did my Cloud Serpent ones religiously until I got my dragon) but they weren't fun and the gating was crap. The dungeons were boring for reasons I'm not sure why, as I had fun with them the first time and they were a welcome change from Cata launch when they were painful as hell. Another big factor in my leaving was (this is IMO of course) the fact that MSV was tuned way too high for an "entry level" raid. My casual guild had TONS of problems on Stone Guard, and after spending most of our raid weeks (we got a late start as some of our raiders had other commitments, our main tank was rerolling Monk and we started raiding I believe third week of the xpac) trying to down Stone Guard, we got a few attempts in at Feng before the reset and then were never able to get past Stone Guard again, so people stopped logging in and showing up because we all felt it was BS that an entry-level raid was so unforgiving, and to me anyways it was as if Blizzard had learned nothing from T11 when guilds broke up because they could clear (nerfed) ICC but couldn't down Magmaw/Omnotron/Halfus.

So yes it was mostly the difficulty of the raids (now don't get me wrong I would not have minded if HoF and TES were challenging, but MSV should have been barely harder than heroics because it was entry-level content. That alone would have made a HUGE difference if my guild had been able to get MSV on farm within a week or two and could set aside a night for that while progressing in HoF) but also the fact that Blizzard thinks that adding more and more and more dailies are "things to do" when they aren't fun past the first time you do them, and feel like busywork or working a menial job.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2013-05-11 at 11:48 AM.

Deleted
    Completely agree with you OP

The game feels more like a quick 50p arcade game now rather than the "MMO" it's meant to/used to be..... Laziness has set in big time.