Deleted

Gear in 5.3 Will it be a new set?

I just realised... stupidly while farming for gear on my warrior that next season ( which is pretty close ) might well have a new set as usual. Not sure why but I got it into my head that they were keeping the old sets to keep balance and at that specific item level but I assume that they will be bringing out a new set and keeping that I'lvl? I am slightly confused. anyone care to enlighten a small brained moron :P

thanks in advance.

Deleted
    they only bring out a new set whenever there's a new season.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tserak View Post
    I just realised... stupidly while farming for gear on my warrior that next season ( which is pretty close ) might well have a new set as usual. Not sure why but I got it into my head that they were keeping the old sets to keep balance and at that specific item level but I assume that they will be bringing out a new set and keeping that I'lvl? I am slightly confused. anyone care to enlighten a small brained moron :P

thanks in advance.
    The season hasn't nearly ended. It ends at patch 5.4, no new sets until then.

Deleted
    So tyranical will still be the best set? Are they looking to remove the upgraded gear? 2/2 or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be an ilvl ceiling of 496 so tyrannical should be the best gear regardless if they are going to allow upgrades or not, which iirc are not going to happen for pvp gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tserak View Post
    next season ( which is pretty close )
    This is the wrong turn. Next season isn't close as already stated by Blizzard here:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9331806/

[...] In patches that don’t include a new season (including patch 5.3) [...]
    So if we wind back time a little we can see that they took a much longer development period between patches 5.1 (non-raid) and 5.2 (raid) than between 5.0 (release) and 5.1 (non-raid) which will probably be the case again between 5.3 and 5.4, so it's safe to assume that we're only about 1/3 down on the road to the next season. There's plenty of time to farm PvP gear now.

On the other hand, of course the next season will offer better gear but it will probably not increase itemlevels as much as during past expansions but focus again more on shifting stat values around.

The new season isn't out until 5.4.
    And there is no upgraded current PvP gear.

Dunno what you're on about.

I guess only in 5.4 ?

I believe in 5.3 there will be one upgrade of the current gear from 493 to perhaps 496? or maybe i recall that I've read somewhere that they will raise it automatically to 496 when 5.3 comes, and there the cap will be until 5.4 when it probably will be raised.

It says in the PvP section of the patch notes that all Tyrannical gear will be raised to ilvl 496 and that upgrades for PvP gear will not return.

Allright thanks for the confirmation.